iadguy73
Topic Author

BA 292 IAD-LHR Cancelled 2/17

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:27 am

Anyone with more info on this?

747firstclass

RE: BA 292 IAD-LHR Cancelled 2/17

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:40 am

if you look at teh BA website you will see a list of flights to and from the USA and Canada that have been canceled the last few days. There has been at least one and often times more than one canceled to and from the USA in recent days.This problem seems to have started regarding the LGW-TPA and LGW-MCO flights a few weeks ago and is now affecting other flights.

Apparently there is some kind of problem with the BA cabin crew and their visas for the USA. It seems like BA wants the cabin crew to go to teh US embassy in London to renew or get them on the cabin crews own time and money and apparently the cabin crew is upset wioth that arrangement.

There is more detail on this subject on a thread at www.pprune.org. Just tonight I read the same thing on a thread here at airlines.net, but I have not taken the time to look for it . Hope BA gets their act together soon on this problem.

iadguy73
Topic Author

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:54 am

Thanks, 747. I actually went to the BA website and I saw the listing but gave no explanation. I found it even more curious that the cancellation was 2 days in advance. That's why I was particularly puzzled.

teva

Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:37 pm

Unfortunaley for BA, it will cost them tons of money, with the new European rules for the passengers rights.....
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

rtfm

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:34 am

Not necessarily... LHR-IAD is triple daily so I am sure that will have been taken into account when deciding which destination to pick when cancelling a service. I doubt that a Thursday in February is peak time for travel to/from Washington so probably opportunities to consolidate 3 flights to 2 and re-route a few other pax.

UALFAson

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:44 am

This is just coincidence, but isn't this the re-numbered BA 223 or whatever that kept getting cancelled last year because of security concerns?

Karma is all over this flight like white on rice!
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

fbgdavidson

Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:38 am

This is just coincidence, but isn't this the re-numbered BA 223 or whatever that kept getting cancelled last year because of security concerns?

Indeed.... And I was booked on the flight that was 'going to be hijacked', unfortunately I missed out on all the fun and games and went back a week early....and on BA293/BA292 again in a few weeks  Smile

[Edited 2005-02-19 16:39:14]
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos