Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Airbus Lover
Topic Author

Pictures Of MH's New First And Business Class

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:02 am

http://www.aeromalaysia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1028

Please see the above link for the pictures. Very well done by MH, most distinctively the F class. Way to go and I look forward to flying with them. Definitely an already good experienced redefined and without doubt Going Beyond Expectations.

Enjoy!

Sabena332

RE: Pictures Of MH's New First And Business Class

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:08 am

Check also http://masworldwide.arcww.com.sg/welcome.asp for a great virtual tour through their new premium classes!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

DAYflyer

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:34 am

Thanks for the links, everyone. Now THATS a what flying should be!  eyepopping 
One Nation Under God

solnabo

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:51 am

I second that!!

Woooaww, that´s Class if I ever seen one!

cloudnine  Way to go MH  cloudnine 

Micke//SE
Airbus SAS - Love them both

malaysia

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:58 am

Quoting DAYflyer (Reply 2):
Check also http://masworldwide.arcww.com.sg/welcome.asp for a great virtual tour through their new premium classes!

Nooo nooo! I already saw that site, geez it makes me sad  Sad

I need to be an accountant soon or something to experience it..

I am stuck with Y ID00 when I fly MH all the time  Sad

I guess I gotta be a VIP at MH.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

BMIFlyer

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:00 pm

Very Nice!  bigthumbsup 

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

NWAFA

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:04 pm

WOW!! Oh, to be government subsidized...ahhhh, we all would be fabulous.
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

WindowSeat

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:22 pm

Quoting NWAFA (Reply 6):

I mean seriously, can't we just appreciate the marvel for once for what it is!

Great job MH!  bigthumbsup 
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

singaporegirl

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:27 pm

i heard that the mas girls will be getting a new sarong kebaya uniform soon? is that true?
Ladies & Gentlemen, we will now demonstrate the use of the safety equipment on this aircraft...

jaysit

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:14 pm

What do you call the billions dished out by the US govt to US carriers post 9-11? Chump change?

At least when MAS gets subsidized, you get great service and a fabulous inflight experience. On United you get crap.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

jafa39

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:23 pm

Metal knives?! Whatever next???!!!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

CTHEWORLD

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:27 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 10):
What do you call the billions dished out by the US govt to US carriers post 9-11? Chump change?

At least when MAS gets subsidized, you get great service and a fabulous inflight experience. On United you get crap.

First of all, the Government didn't dish out billions of dollars, they were loan gurantees, there is a HUGE difference. Secondly, not sure where you were during the ATSB process, but United got rejected. Not a dime of Government money went to UAL. And lastly, the legacy carriers built the foundation of and most of what is our aviation infrastructure today, and on their own dime, not the government. Where do you think ATC and weather radar came from?

SR 103

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:57 pm

Quoting NWAFA (Reply 6):

As an elite with NW/KL who just flew Malaysian across the Pacific, all I can say is you have every right to be jealous. If you or your colleagues even tried to serve us passengers with half the enthusiasm as Malaysian's cabin crew do, you would win a lot more customers.

Instead you opt to bark at passengers and whine about your union contracts while you bad mouth management about the way they treat you.

I have been a loyal NW supporter for quite some time but with attitudes like yours, it is no wonder a lot of us opt to fly non US airlines.

Oh and for your information; Lufthansa, QANTAS, British Airways and many other airlines that offer world class service are less government subsidized than your airline!

SR 103

chrisrad

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:07 pm

I don't think it's fair to compare UA with MH, they are both very different airlines, despite the obvious financial differences, MH is more a service orientated airline(hence all the awards) whilst UA provide more of a basic service, also taking into the account the UA is much larger than MH.
MH in the last 5 years have concentrated on their service levels which are now worlds best standard.
UA have been in financial trouble for about the same length of time, so prioritys are different. Of course nor do they have government backing.
But in general I would never expect the same service levels from an American carrier compared to an Asian carrier
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

airxliban

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:45 pm

Wow that looks amazing! If only they they had RB211s on their 744s then it would be even more fantastic.

Still though just from looking at the pictures I have to say that EK's 1st class is more OTT...
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

SQ772

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:55 pm

Government subsidies or not, even without these new enhancements, MH's (and most Asian carriers') service attitudes still beat US carriers hands down...
There's always a better way to fly...

Airbus Lover
Topic Author

Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:19 pm

Subsidies? MH is a profitable company as of now, on its own and generates a lot of revenue/profit.

chrisrad

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:15 pm

Quoting Singaporegirl (Reply 8):

I was thinking they would have got the new uniform with this new launch, obviously not. In any case only the male flight attendants need a new uniform, the womens are a timeless classic
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

wunala

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:01 pm

Service is what makes MH different. They (and a lot of the Asian carriers) want to be on the plane and help. Comparing MH and UA(or any other US carrier) is like comparing apples and oranges.

Maybe if the US carriers looked a bit closer at customer service, they may see that. The 'management' need to get out of the offices and into the economy sections of their aircraft and dare I suggest, talk to the customers about what they want, instead of sitting in their offices or in First Class.

I also love the tv in first. Nice to see a decent size.

WindowSeat

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 14):
But in general I would never expect the same service levels from an American carrier compared to an Asian carrier

Out of curiosity, why not? They are both airlines after all, right? I would never fly a US carrier when there is an Asian carrier serving that route. So, where does this leave UA?

Quoting Wunala (Reply 19):
Service is what makes MH different.....Comparing MH and UA(or any other US carrier) is like comparing apples and oranges.

WHY should service make MH different? WHY can't I expect the same service on US carriers? We all know it can be done!

And by your reasoning, and one that I don't understand at all since both are airlines, the finances of both airlines are also apples to oranges right?

cheers
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

karan69

Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:55 am

Amazing and simply one of the best---Way to go MH

antonovman

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:10 am

the seats on pic 4 seem to have a bulkhead behind and in front of them
must be quite strange sitting there

N751PR

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:41 am

Amazing!!!! Big grin Way to go MH!!!!!  bigthumbsup 
"Ladies and Gentlemen it's happy hour. You will get two approaches for the price of one."

UAalltheway

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:27 am

Woah! That's great!

MH appears to have an absolutely amazing first class. The size of the PTVs in there are HUGE!

jaysit

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:35 am

First of all, the Government didn't dish out billions of dollars, they were loan gurantees, there is a HUGE difference.

They're bailouts. And direct relief.
A transfer of tax payer dollars from tax payers to share holders.
The Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act was a $15 billion aid package - $5 billion in direct relief and $10 billion in loan guarantees.

In any case, that is not the issue here. The issue is that Asian carriers, govt subsidized or not, offer superlative standards of service. Now its one thing when you're paying $ 225 to fly NY-LAX R/T in coach, but when you're firm is dishing out $ 6000 to fly you in Business Class from Washington to London and you're saddled with surly churlish crew, and poor meal service, you just transfer your allegiance to a foreign carrier that offers better service.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

daron4000

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am

It looks amazing. Why is there only one row of three on the main deck in business?

Piedmontbrat

Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:05 am

All I can say is WOW!

I've flown FC but never ever would I imagine an experience like that. Wouldn't it be a novel idea if service levels could come up. Alas, with a lot of the American traveling public, however, there is a lack of taste, culture, breeding and manners that preempts the need for quality service. All they want is to get from point A to point B.

Glad to know that level of service is out there if I want it.

sllevin

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:03 pm

MH is a wonderful airline. As others have mentioned, the service is outstanding. And I've spent a lot of time in the J cabins of NW, KL, CO, AF, and MH. By far MH is the best of those.

Not to mention the most incredible lounge in the KLIA Satellite. I've been lucky enough to be on the First Class side a couple of times (and have flown MH F KUL-FRA once).

Steve

MAS777

Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:13 am

Fantastic move - will keep many of us ex-BA Exec Club members flying with them for a good time to come. Earn those KLM FD points instead here in the UK (although they will soon become FBlue points - whatever that means).

If only MAS and Skyteam get their act together and become full partners!!!

I note that their Golden Club name seems to appear in parenthesis and it is now labelled as Business Class - perhaps a sign of it possibly being altered to 'World Business Class' in the future since the seats seem rather similar...

SR 103

Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Quoting MAS777 (Reply 28):
I note that their Golden Club name seems to appear in parenthesis and it is now labelled as Business Class - perhaps a sign of it possibly being altered to 'World Business Class' in the future since the seats seem rather similar...

God I hope not. I much prefer the name "Golden Club Class." I also don't think they look much like the current WBC seats on either NW or KL. There is more than enough of a difference between KL and NW seats as is, not worth adding MH to the mix here.

Plus as someone who just experienced Golden Club Class as well as WBC (on both KL and NW) in the last three months, I think there is a vast difference between all three! Clumping all three into one brand name would create too much confusion among the "regular" traveler. I think it best to keep the two products seperated.

SR 103

chrisrad

Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:57 pm

Quoting WindowSeat (Reply 19):
Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 14):

Out of curiosity, why not? They are both airlines after all, right? I would never fly a US carrier when there is an Asian carrier serving that route. So, where does this leave UA?

I think this also comes down to cultural differences, speaking generally Asian's are more service oriented, than their fellow American counterparts. Just look at the top 10 rated airlines, nearly all are from the Asian region. Also because for many having such a job is an honour. I have flown UA DL in the US while it wasn't bad, they just don't go that extra step, thats when you start noticing the difference.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos