Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

connector4you
Topic Author

Skyservice To Launch Toronto To Timisoara, Romania

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:39 pm

It appears that starting June 22, 2005, Skyservice - Canadian charter operator based in Toronto - is launching summer charter flights between Toronto Pearson and Timisoara Traian Vuia - TSR, Western Romania. Flights are to be operated once a week every Wednesday from Pearson and every Thursday from Timisoara until Sept 14 with an all economy Y 233 configured Boeing 757-200ER. Flights to be routed trough Dublin – DUB (refueling stops only / both ways) Return airfare ranging between CAN $ 1000-1200 (Euro 638-765) Reservations trough www.maxxtours.com only !

By the same token, Skyservice will be also servicing Belgrade (Serbia & Montenegro) Zagreb and Split (Croatia) Ohrid (Macedonia) all out of Toronto - YYZ

Now considering that Skyservice is flying out of Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton to Toronto, it would have made a lot of sense to be able to find and book competitive return fares from these Western Canadian cities to all of the above destinations in Europe !

Aleksandar

RE: Skyservice To Launch Toronto To Timisoara, Romania

Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:22 am

It seems that Skyservice was happy with load factors to Belgrade last summer, because it is the second season they're flying here. I don't know how much is their RT ticket to Belgrade but I guess the price is similar to the one to Timisoara and it doesn't look to competitive. On the other hand, theye are the only airline offering long-haul flights out of Belgrade.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

mrcomet

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:47 am

I checked them out. $536 RT to Split from Toronto. That ain't bad coming from stateside. Now, in Sarajevo its about $600 RT to Toronto without adding about $7 million in airport taxes so I may suggest my friends go through Toronto....if I had any.
The dude abides

mrcomet

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:50 am

Whoops. Thats one way. Not exactly good unless you happen to live in Toronto and happen to want to go to Timisoara or Split. That's about 11 people.
The dude abides

CXH

Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:05 am

Quoting Connector4you (Thread starter):
Now considering that Skyservice is flying out of Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton to Toronto, it would have made a lot of sense to be able to find and book competitive return fares from these Western Canadian cities to all of the above destinations in Europe !

Skyservice does charter flights (and some scheduled?) for various Canadian Tour Operators. The domestic Canadian flights are almost all operated for Conquest Vacations while it appears the flights mentioned above are operated for Maxx Tours. So, no Skyservice can not connect these flights because they are for different TourOps.

Actually, in general, Skyservice (like lots of other Charter airlines) does not offer connections between their own flights even if the times matched for connections.

On an [un] related note:  Smile Does anybody know when Skyservices' proposed YYZ-SVO service is supposed to start and which Tour Operator is taking the risk?
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry

connector4you
Topic Author

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:26 pm

Quoting CXH (Reply 4):
The domestic Canadian flights are almost all operated for Conquest Vacations while it appears the flights mentioned above are operated for Maxx Tours. So, no Skyservice can not connect these flights because they are for different TourOps

Maybe these TourOps should come together as one and work out a single "Western Canada to Europe Package". It could definitely help Skyservice's load factor on both segments.

I hear that Skyservice is to take delivery of a couple of 767-(300?) in May! Would they be considering upgrading any of the above destinations to a perhaps . . . DIRECT NON-STOP service?

JU101

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:31 pm

Nope. They will continue flying the the Boeing 757. I am pleased to see a Canadian airline embracing Southeast Europe, at least for the summer season. Perhaps Nis and Sarajevo will be the next addition for 2006. hahaha.

Cheers

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos