Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

apodino

RE: United Decides To Discontinue Awac

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:26 am

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 99):

What are those stations?

From what we have been told its all the ones we currently handle for, except for ASE, MLI, SDF, and CID. That includes BIS and ELP, where we still handle even though we have no flights to either city. We also lose DEN and ORD. DEN is yet to be determined and ORD is going to become a mainline station, probably hiring a bunch of ZW employees in addition to furlough recalls. We also retain over the wing handling in IAD.

More details should be known in a couple of weeks after a hearing with the courts. Until then, we will know nothing about the USAirways transition plans.

ERJ170

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:28 am

Quoting Apodino (Reply 100):
From what we have been told its all the ones we currently handle for

Uhmm.. hate to sound stupid.. but I couldn't tell you which stations you handle for.. I was just wondering if you had a list.. 2nd.. would ZW handle just UAX or would they handle mainline also?

apodino

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:31 am

Well no station will handle mainline unless they employee mainline workers there. So no, ZW will not handle mainline, especially given their cities are all express cities.

The cities we staff and will staff are: ATW, BMI, RDU, SYR, PWM, ELP, BIS, CWA, GRB, MKE, MSN, SPI, SGF, FSD, LNK, PIA, AZO, SBN, and TVC.

It is also my understanding that many of the ZW employees in ORD will have work with UA after UA looks at everything.

As far as US goes, we won't be able to work on anything until after the agreement is approved by the courts.

apodino

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:19 am

Quoting SLUAviator (Reply 95):
If you think UA people are going to work the UAX ramp, you are being retarded. UA is not going to take over simply because it does not make financial sense to. You are trying to get out of bankruptcy. Tilton is talking about more wage concessions and you think that means lets hire up to 600 people? Realty check. 600 more sets of wages and 600 sets of benefits? That will cost tons of cash a year--especially when you count on all the recalled guys.

Who came up with this rumor? Was it the same guy who started the rumor that UA guys were going to come back to the break room at C4 the day after you moved out?

Considering the fact that United has told us at Air Whisky, and the CEO at Air Wisky has told us that this is what they plan to do and its all but official once the courts approve this, I don't think the person who said this is retarded and don't jump the gun so quick to react like this.

So what are the reactions to mainline handling all express carriers at ORD, but keeping ZW at IAD for above the wing handling?

SilentObserver

Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:06 pm

The one good thing about this for frequent flyers, is that it sounds like the new partners will be offering F and Y+ on their routes. That's a major improvement. Maybe I am just dreaming. But for all those outposts that lost F and Y+ after 9/11, it's a big boost.

UALramperORD

Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:30 am

Yup,

Quoting Apodino (Reply 102):
It is also my understanding that many of the ZW employees in ORD will have work with UA after UA looks at everything.

Yup, Once UA gets all their mainline people from furlough off the streets and their part timers up to full time, they will supposedly back fill with ZW employees for part time positions. The only crummy thing is it will be day 1 seniority and that means the new 10 year progression to a-scale and a 6 month probationary period.

UAXDXer

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:19 am

Quoting UALramperORD (Reply 93):
Also since you feel zero pity for me, I feel zero pity for you when I will take your job this summer.

What an ass!!! Typical UAL employee! Are you sure you don't work the gate at ORD?

jdaniel001

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:26 am

I sure hope the transition goes smoother than the ACA transition.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos