Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

uclax
Topic Author

B6 Question

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:34 am

Hello,

I live in Santa Monica, CA, and can see the tower at LAX from my office, so I've never ventured south to LGB for travel. I'm going to D.C. soon and am very interested in flying B6. I know there will be lots of opinions, but would it be worth braving the 405 Freeway (or the 405/110/710 or 605, etc.) to experience JetBlue? Also, how easy are parking at LGB and road access at LGB?

Thanks in advance, and safe, happy travels to all!

N1120A

RE: B6 Question

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:37 am

Quoting UCLAX (Thread starter):
Also, how easy are parking at LGB and road access at LGB?

Even easier than BUR. Road access is good and you can walk to the terminal from the ultra-cheap long-term lot.

I know there will be lots of opinions, but would it be worth braving the 405 Freeway (or the 405/110/710 or 605, etc.) to experience JetBlue?

If you go at the right time of day, that shot down the 405 is easy as pie.

ei a330-200

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:38 am

I've never flown B6, but my father has and swears by them. Also, LGB is great. I live about five minutes from the terminal, and I've never had any problems getting there, parking and finding my way. Its also got a nice lounge overlooking the airport in the main ( B6 ) terminal that you can sit at and smoke/drink/eat. Pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

MGA

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:43 am

Its totally worth it... I work in the Mid Wilshire area and I fly B6 to OAK, JFK and FLL all the time... Its totally worth it, specially on the intercontinental flights.... Directv is a must after your first flight and you'll love the Terra Blues (chips)... I didnt want to get off the plane last time because I was in the middle of a Basketball game...
I dont recommend the 405... You can check www.ktla.com traffic and see how the freway is... Try the sreets(or sometimes the 10) to the 710, then Del Amo to Lakewood.

MGA

FA4B6

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:19 am

I live in Santa Monica, CA, and can see the tower at LAX from my office, so I've never ventured south to LGB for travel. I'm going to D.C. soon and am very interested in flying B6. I know there will be lots of opinions, but would it be worth braving the 405 Freeway (or the 405/110/710 or 605, etc.) to experience JetBlue? Also, how easy are parking at LGB and road access at LGB?

Thanks in advance, and safe, happy travels to all!

Just bring some food with you. There aren't a whole lotta food options in the terminal but LGB is very easy to get in and out of. Dulles will seem like it's own country after you fly outta LGB lol.

FLAIRPORT

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:58 am

Also might want to try Indy when they start service.

SilentObserver

Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:19 pm

Just curious what Indy has over B6, that you would recommend them?

Stick with B6 and LGB. LAX is a pain in the butt.

N1120A

Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:54 pm

Quoting MGA (Reply 3):
Its totally worth it, specially on the intercontinental flights....

B6 does not fly intercontinental flights. They fly transcontinental flights

Quoting SilentObserver (Reply 6):
Just curious what Indy has over B6,

Absolutely nothing. Oh, wait, they have CASM over B6. WAY over Big grin.

Quoting SilentObserver (Reply 6):
Stick with B6 and LGB. LAX is a pain in the butt.

LAX is one of the easiest major airports in the US to use. Particularly considering the state of public transport in Los Angeles

modesto2

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:11 am

I attend UCLA and have traveled on B6 from LGB on 4 roundtrips. The drive to LGB can take anywhere from 35 minutes to well over an hour. Be prepared for traffic (as I'm sure you are) and yes, B6 is worth it! The service, the TV's, the snacks and LGB is a breeze. Curbside to gate in 10 minutes, max. Good luck and thanks for flying B6!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos