Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ruger11

RE: Americans, Would You Like A Ryanair In The USA?

Mon May 16, 2005 4:34 pm

This is my first post BTW:

I am an American, but I live in Europe, and have lived here for almost two years now. I admit when I go stateside, I don't have much $$ and will occasionally fly WN from point to point if I'm at a school or whatot and go home for the weekend.

Well usually my ticket is around $100-$105 from Norfolk to JAX.

I see those crazy-cheap flights too, but it seems whenever Ifly anywhere from spain I usually get a flight for like 80 euro or 50 pounds. That sounds really cheap, but do the exchange rate and 87 euro is $109 roughly. 50 pounds is a little over $90.

That's comparable to the $100 average I pay on WN... Sure Southwest doesn't have many frills, but they offer free bevrages, reclining seats, and... windowshades, lol.

So if a SUPER-low fare airline came into play in the US, undercutting southwest, how cheap are you talking, like $30? $20?

I don't make much money in the military, but I can say If I had a choice of a $30 dollar ticket on a bus like ride in a cramped plane with no window shades, etc, or a $90 ticket on southwest, I'd go with southwest everytime.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Blerg, bmibaby737, bnabnabna, frigatebird, Google Adsense [Bot], Ishrion, KIRFlyer, LH982, LTEN11, LTU1011, mrsmiley2345, NameOmitted, Pythagoras, RebelDJ, Rifitto, seatown1, steex, stgs1988, swafa, TL925, tommy1808, VCVSpotter, Wingtips56, YXD172 and 260 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos