Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

montenegro
Topic Author

JAT Experts Please Help!

Wed May 25, 2005 9:54 pm

Dear friends,

I need to plan a trip from Milano to Tivat and I'd like to fly with JAT trogh Belgrade, BUT I know that JAT was not doing well lately and it has been very difficult to plan a flght with them. Do you have some real news regarding theirs operaions? The trip is due to July 03-04 and the return 10 days later.

Many thanks for the help.

Savo

JoKeR

RE: JAT Experts Please Help!

Wed May 25, 2005 11:10 pm

Savo,

If I was you, I would go ahead with traveling on JAT.

The strikes are over and the airline is now flying as per announced summer schedule, so you should be fine (strikes-wise)

Srecan put!

EZEIZA

Thu May 26, 2005 2:03 am

Hi Montenegro,
kako ste?

Why aren't you flying with Montenegro Airlines from Rome to TGD and then drive down to tivat? The drive is definetly worth it!!

Just kidding, although it is a great drive! As Joker said, JAT seems to be ok now, and I'm sure Joker is the most reliable source of this info so go ahead!

regards

ps: Montenegro, I really envy you for the trip to tivat ... especially in summer... have a couple of Niksicko piva for me  Wink
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

[email protected]

Thu May 26, 2005 2:05 am

I would not worry about booking with JAT.

Montenegro is very beautiful, but do explore more than just Tivat, like Kotor, Budva and other areas.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Mark_D.

Thu May 26, 2005 4:08 am

[email protected] -- but do explore more than just Tivat, like Kotor, Budva and other areas.

Good word of advice there for sure, though I figure Montenegro (the poster) already is acquainted with the truth of it  Smile

Srecan put Savo, as the other guys have said I think JAT should be ok for the next little while anyway so at least that particular travel option is viable.

BEG2IAH

Thu May 26, 2005 5:18 am

And the most important thing of all: take your camera and shoot as many photos of the approach to TIV as possible. Also the mountains on a way from Uzice to Skadar are fabulous, scary but great. I'm not sure if there are any shots in the database.

BEG2IAH
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

Aleksandar

Thu May 26, 2005 7:59 am

Gde si Savo?!

Well, I'd like to be JAT expert for at least a moment  angel  But they, don't want me there.  banghead 

JAT works fine now (I mean, without strikes). If you want to play safe, there is another opportunity. Alitalia has three daily flights from MXP with ERJ-145 (and I know you love that plane). From BEG, you can catch MGX.

Of course, JAT option seems most logical, so this was just an idea.

Hope this helps,

Sasa

PS Javi se van liste, trazen si. Ljudi pitaju gde si  confused 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Aleksandar

Thu May 26, 2005 8:06 am

Of course, when you plan a trip include some time for a cup of  coffee  and some  chat 

I will try to greet you there.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

EZEIZA

Thu May 26, 2005 2:13 pm

By the way, have there been any improvements of any sort at Podgorica or Tivat airport? I remember Joker told me a few months ago that nothing had been done but now maybe things got started. I'd love to visit Montenegro again! i went to the festival in Kotor a couple of years ago (can't remember the name of it, any help?) ... amazing! 4 months in Montenegro made me love it! I was there for a report that was published on the internet, if you guys would like to read it send me a message and i'll give you the link.

Regards!

Aleksandar

Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

As far as I know, Podgorica airport is currently being renovated and Tivat will follow soon.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

montenegro
Topic Author

Sat May 28, 2005 5:10 am

Hi guys,

I was so happy and I planned everything, thinking to call JAT a buy a ticket, BUT I have looked to the Amadeus site now, and even to the SEA site and all JAT flights from MXP to BEG disappered???? I have to change plan again??? they excluded Milano? what a pitty.

News?

Savo

Aleksandar

Sat May 28, 2005 6:07 am

After strikes, Amadeus excluded JAT. I guess you could call JAT office. It sounds like the best solution.

Aleksandar
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

BEG2IAH

Sat May 28, 2005 6:16 am

Exclusion of JAT from Amadeus had nothing to do with strike. They excluded many other big companies. Check this:

https://www.airliners.net/discussions...general_aviation/read.main/2066277

I could even sign up to be informed when they put all of them back. Check it here: http://www.amadeus.net/home/new/index.htm

For flight from MXP check with the JAT office, because they temporarily discontinued MXP-BEG flights after the strikes, but that's in force until June 1 only.

BEG2IAH
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

BEG2IAH

Sat May 28, 2005 3:04 pm

Montenegro,

This is what I found on JAT's website for the summer.

MXP-BEG

Monday DEP 18.45 ARR 20.25 (13.06. - 29.10.2005) JU417 733
Wednesday DEP 18.00 ARR 19.40 (15.06. - 29.10.2005) JU417 733
Friday DEP 18.15 ARR 19.55 (10.06. - 29.10.2005) JU417 733

Hope this helps.

BEG2IAH

gilesdavies

Sun May 29, 2005 4:43 am

I never had the luxury of flying into Tivat or Titograd when I was a kid and went on holiday in Yugoslavia and always had to take the three hour coach journey down from Dubrovnik to Petrovac where I was staying.

Is it true that Tivat has one of the most dangerous or difficult approaches in Europe. The coast line is very mountainous!

I remember those coastal roads south of Budva down to Ulcinj and if you went over the edge you had about a 1000ft drop!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Milos Eric

[Edited 2005-05-28 21:47:26]

JU101

Sun May 29, 2005 10:05 am

Hey fellow colleagues

Its been a while since I last came to Airliners.net due to my busy schedule. In any event I am glad to see you all are still around and active!

With regards to the roads along the coast, I think the most exceptional drive going from mainland to the Bay of Kotor (at Risan) was taking a bus down the narrowly winding roads. Being on the bus, you are able to easily overlook the edge of the road, looking at a several 100 meter drop towards the sea. It was a great experience!!!

I cant wait to see Belgrade airport after the re-opening of the second terminal  Wink

JU101

Sun May 29, 2005 10:19 am

Here is one of the first photos coming from Belgrade airport of the new jetways of terminal C.

Looks nice.

BEG2IAH

Mon May 30, 2005 3:21 pm

Gilesdavies,

Check these two videos (sorry I couldn't make the links active):

TIV landing:
mms://ds9.dhsnow.com/AirsideTV2/archive-jat737landing.wmv

Here some guys on jumpseats praise the captain for a smooth landing but he says he didn't like it because the right wheel is on a centerline.

TIV takeoff:
mms://ds9.dhsnow.com/AirsideTV2/archive-687takeoff.wmv

TIV is an incredible airfield. You'll get an idea how it looks from these two videos.

BEG2IAH

Aleksandar

Tue May 31, 2005 2:57 am

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 13):
MXP-BEG

Monday DEP 18.45 ARR 20.25 (13.06. - 29.10.2005) JU417 733
Wednesday DEP 18.00 ARR 19.40 (15.06. - 29.10.2005) JU417 733
Friday DEP 18.15 ARR 19.55 (10.06. - 29.10.2005) JU417 733

Wow, it doesn't sound good for transit passengers, unless one flies to Egypt or FYR Macedonia.

Savo, Alitalia now seems more realistic with a choice of either Montenegro Airlines or JAT.

Aleksandar
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

UN_B732

Tue May 31, 2005 3:13 am

Which airlines will be using Terminal C?
When will it be finished?
Is there any chance we spotters won't be obstructed by these huge ugly walls currently surrounding the construction?
Is there a train from Podgorica to Tivat? That'd be beautiful, but I don't think there is.
By the way, I'm probably taking an YM F-100 TGD-BEG next week, I'll be sure to provide a TR, along with the Jat 733 going down.
What now?

BEG2IAH

Tue May 31, 2005 4:36 am

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 19):
along with the Jat 733 going down

Hopefully no plane will go down!  Smile

There is no train to TIV, but there is a train from Podgorica to Sutomore, and then you have a bus, but you would miss one of the wildest bus rides (Podgorica via Cetinje and Budva to Tivat).

The whole T2 reconstruction should be completed by mid September. Apron C should be used by bigger planes. If JAT starts flying intercontinental these would be boarded at apron C. Although 6 smaller planes can be boarded there too.

BEG2IAH

Aleksandar

Tue May 31, 2005 8:31 am

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 20):
Apron C should be used by bigger planes

I heard that Apron C will be used for international traffic (whatever that really means) so I guess foreign airlines will use it instead of gates A1-A4 they use now. In fact, they could all squeeze in there if six airliners can be served there.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

BEG2IAH

Tue May 31, 2005 8:44 am

Until we see B767s, B747s or A380s, some B737s, A320s, etc. will definitely be served from apron C. I'm not sure but I think I boarded Lufthansa's Canadair at C1 last year. Of course I had to get on tarmac first.

BEG2IAH

adriaticflight

Tue May 31, 2005 8:47 am

The photo of Terminal C looks nice. Belgrade airport has a lot of "character" and is not so terrible. For all the problems Serbia has they are, in my opion, one of the best 'eastern european' nations when it comes to renovation or building new buildings. I can't wait to see how BEG has chnaged when i arrive there on July 28th from London via Zurich with Swiss.

regards
adriaticflight

Aleksandar

Tue May 31, 2005 9:15 am

Quoting Adriaticflight (Reply 23):
For all the problems Serbia has they are, in my opion, one of the best 'eastern european' nations when it comes to renovation or building new buildings

As a Serb, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks!
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

BEG2IAH

Tue May 31, 2005 10:09 am

Quoting Adriaticflight (Reply 23):
I can't wait to see how BEG has chnaged when i arrive there on July 28th

Maybe you'll be able to see it only partly, because it's scheduled for opening around mid September.

BEG2IAH

DekX

Tue May 31, 2005 10:45 am

Cao All... those videos are great BEG2IAH.. any chance of a link to more JAT VIDEOS... CLIPS PICS that may not already be on airliners or planpics.. or myaviation...
I'd love to see something from YU-AMB if possbile... Where is she by the way..

Thanks

Deki - T.O. MTL

BEG2IAH

Tue May 31, 2005 12:12 pm

Hey DekX,

The only ones I know of can be found at www.flightlevel350.com

Just type JAT in keyword search, and you'll be able to see 5 B722 and 3 B733 videos.

As far as YU-AMB is concerned, I think it's flying Italian military to Iraq on a pretty regular basis. Check it at myaviation. It's an amazing bird. Too bad (for aviation enthusiasts not economics) that it's not in JAT's regular service any more.

BEG2IAH

Aleksandar

Tue May 31, 2005 12:24 pm

She was back in early May. I saw it on TV, but probably returned to Italy in the meantime.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

EZEIZA

Tue May 31, 2005 4:13 pm

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 20):
There is no train to TIV, but there is a train from Podgorica to Sutomore, and then you have a bus, but you would miss one of the wildest bus rides (Podgorica via Cetinje and Budva to Tivat).

The bus is fun, but to drive there yourself is much better!. It's a real adrenaline ruch to pass those trucks not knowing what'll come ahead! However be careful with the cops, don't pass the speed limit too much (take it from someone who had about 10 tickets in a few weeks!)

regards

BEG2IAH

Tue May 31, 2005 6:01 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 29):
It's a real adrenaline ruch to pass those trucks not knowing what'll come ahead!

EZEIZA, that's the easiest way to get killed on those roads. Some curves are 180+ degrees, with a 8%+ slope, and you have a temptation to look at the sea below. Now, if you pass someone you should know what's ahead of you. One of the reasons why the cops are so strict is that several years ago very well known pop stars died in a crash, and their relatives made a big safety driving campaign which resulted in countless tickets issued. Still many young people die on those roads. I agree that a car ride is better, but you see more from a bus, and a great thing about bus is that you don't see the road.  Smile You almost feel like flying.

BEG2IAH

UN_B732

Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:26 am

By the way, is there any update on Jat getting 767s, or is that idea scrapped? I concur with Adriaticflight on Serbia, walking down here in Belgrade there are many gems. Not as to start a political debate here, but back before the war, Yugoslavia was very well developed. As a matter of fact, they were the first Southern European country to get ATM machines. .. By the way, is the opening ceremony going to be government officials only?
What now?

EZEIZA

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:35 am

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 30):
Some curves are 180+ degrees, with a 8%+ slope, and you have a temptation to look at the sea below. Now, if you pass someone you should know what's ahead of you

I know, it is a rough road and one should be as careful as possible, but sometimes you just get stuck behind a bus or a truck and there are very few safe passing points so you pass when you can. In any case, you are right, everyone should drive ina more reasonable way, and in doing so, enjoy the drive, now if someone does not like driving as much as i do, then the bus is a great option!

regards

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos