AMSSpotter

RE: United Continues To Disappoint

Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi Ualphlcs,

great post...you fooled me with that title, haha!
I'm glad United solved yet another issue and I hope they will emerge from Ch.11 soon.

Good luck to United and it's employees!. I'm looking forward flying United again later this year.  Smile

vasilek

Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 pm

I should say that being under Ch.11 United has done a great job somehow managing to provide hot meals on domestic flights. Can't say the same about the rest of the carriers.

(This observation is based strictly on my personal experience.)

flightopsguy

Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:45 pm

There is no overcapacity problem. Read all the info on Mike Boyd's site (aviationplanning.com). Fares are low because everyone is trying to generate cash today to pay SOME of their operating bills tomorrow. Expect record load factors this summer, with many in the mid to upper -80's. The network carriers have mostly reported bookings at near or record high levels for the summer.

UA has crossed quite a few bridges that other carriers are still in denial about.
Let's see what AMFA does to NW.
A300-330 BAC111/146/J31/41 B99/1900 CV580 B707-777 DC8/9/10 L188/1011 FH227/28/100 SB340 DO228 EMB2/170 CR2-900 SH330-60

jmc1975

Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:06 am

Perhaps things will rapidly improve for UA this quarter and they'll lose only HALF a billion dollars instead of a billion.

DAYflyer

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:42 am

I especially enjoyed the one about the how the UAL livery sucks and that is why they must die.

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 13):
Might as well face it, all the airlines are in trouble.

Except WN, of course.

Quoting Hiflyer (Reply 23):
And that is the rub...I agree wholeheartedly that overall the chapt 11 process has been abused by other companies...

Absolutely. Some have been in and out many times. I think GM will be next myself. That will take decades to work through.

Quoting BAW716 (Reply 47):
United's business plan is predicated upon a significant near-term rebound in revenue. In particular, United's forecasts that its passenger unit revenue (revenue per available seat mile) will rise sharply in the near term due to a signficant rise in yields. This forecase for unit revenue growth in the next few years is substantiall more optimistic than forecasts of industry observers and the Board's consultants. The Board does not concur with United's explanation for this divergence.

Wow, did the loan board peg that one right on the head or what? How could UAL miss that one so badly? No wonder they got turned down.
One Nation Under God

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos