Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SA7700
Topic Author

UA Mileage Upgrades - How Easy?

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:39 pm

I'm due to fly SFO-JFK in December, UA956 (PS-flight). How easy is it to upgrade on mileage from Y to J-class?

Unfortunately I have paper tickets: my entire itinerary being quite complex and spread over 3 different carriers. Should I leave the request until check-in or try in advance?

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

andersjt

RE: UA Mileage Upgrades - How Easy?

Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:32 pm

This early it should be fairly easy to confirm an upgrade using mileage. If this is the only segment of your trip on UA, try calling Mileage Plus directly to ask them to upgrade this portion. Do not wait until check-in to try and upgrade. If you have the miles now, and want to use them, then you should confirm your upgrade ASAP. You are on the first morning flight out to JFK which is usually popular, depending on the day of the week.
Oh how I long for the day when the skies were truly Friendly!

SA7700
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:17 am

I have 4 UA segments, but only the SFO-JFK sector is really long. IAD-ORD-DEN-SFO should be okay in Y-class, its relatively short flights.

The SFO-JFK sector is on Wednesday, December 7, 2005. Would that be a busy day of the week for UA?

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

TonyBurr

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:22 am

Call as soon as possible. If you wait till the day of departure they will put you on the wait liset according to your status with UA. It is all dependent on the space available.

rjpieces

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:37 am

How many miles is it to upgrade?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

SA7700
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:08 am

It's a W-fare, so it will be 15000 miles for a O/w upgrade.

Rgds

SA7700

MidnightMike

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:14 pm

Oh good! I have the same question, how much is it to upgrade from coach to biz on a flight from LAX-LHR????

Mike
NO URLS in signature

SA7700
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:36 pm

Quoting MidnightMike (Reply 6):
Oh good! I have the same question, how much is it to upgrade from coach to biz on a flight from LAX-LHR????

That would depend on your fare-type. Full-fare UA Economy (Y and B) to the next class of service will be 15000 miles. Discounted UA Economy (M, H, Q, V, W, S, K, L, T) will be 30000 miles. It is for oneways only.

Rgds

SA7700

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos