Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

pandora
Topic Author

Qantas Reliability Worse Than China Northwest!

Tue Apr 25, 2000 11:29 am

On sunday night my father's friend arrived from sydney 2 hours late.

Three weeks ago my mum's friends arrived in melbourne from perth half an hour late.

all these delays are because of mechanical problems. by the way, the flights are all operated by 767s.

this reliability record is worse than some of the china's airlines. QANTAS is slacker than ever. adding that theyr are cost cutting and putting passenger's safety at risk, evidently shown by the accident in Rome last a few days ago.

VirginA340

RE: Qantas Reliability Worse Than China Northwest!

Tue Apr 25, 2000 3:10 pm

I have a few friends in Sydney, perth and Melbourne who've had it with Qantas service and among other problems like employee rudness and losing luggage every other time they fly.(usually 3 times a year) They are the Austrailian version of British Airways. Since then my friends now fly Air New Zealand or Ansett Austrailia.
"FUIMUS"

Tue Apr 25, 2000 4:21 pm

With all these early indication of accidents or what they so call incidents as claim by their CEO Mr. james Strong, I guess the serious one is not a long way to happen. May God bless Qantas or give them a lesson instead of warning of they have done.

Pacific

Tue Apr 25, 2000 6:58 pm

I read in recently in a Hong Kong newspaper about drop in safety standards. They listed quite a lot of recent accidents. Philippine Airlines which was branded as "One of the few rotten apples of the Airline Industry" by the Washington based Air Travellers Association (which I STRONGLY disagree) seems to be doing better than Qantus since their last incident was a couple of years ago when an A320 overshot the runway. Other than that, I know of just 2 crashes which one of them occured when a bomb went off.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos