Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

anxebla

RE: Ideas For A Bigger NZ

Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:30 am

I think there is not enough market to justify non-stops flights from Brazil to OZ

B787

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:24 pm

Quoting Anxebla (Reply 48):
gree NZ must flying South America, but making one-stop between AKL-EZE/SCL is a real inconvenience compared to the non-stops flights competition (LA and AR)

Look three posts up!  Smile

PPVRA and co thanks for clearing my South America Airports up. I picked the wrong ones in my haste.

It seems the consensus here is that AU/NZ to South America could handle NZ or QF.

bsbisland

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:49 pm

Australia and New Zealand are becoming quite popular for Brazilians, specially students, And something like AKL-GRU nonstop code-sharing with Varig maybe would be a good a idea. Flights to this part of the world are really expensive. My sister flew to Melbourne last year and by far the cheapest flights were going via JNB and PER (which she took) or LAX. Maybe with good conections to Europe and other South American countries the flight would be feasible. Varig serves 8 European countries, but I don´t know if the routing would be attractive. A big part of passengers in AR and LA flights to Australia/NZ originate or are going to Brazil, but I think there would be a problem of range. Well, just dreaming, I would love to see NZ or QF in Brazil, but I don´t think it´s going to happen in the next few years. I hope they come someday.

Rgs

NZ107

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:32 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 43):
NZ was/is thinking of building their own terminal at AKL for domestic and International flights.

Well... They must have thought about this for some time.. Jeez Air NZ, it's time to move the Domestic ops out of a cargo shed! Auckland Airport will need a large amount of capital to build of this including a new runway.. Hopefully this will be before 2010.. Those restrictions on the length of the 2nd runway are ridiculous.. Where else in the city are you able to expand an airport? Whenuapai is too small to upgrade to 3000m and Ardmore is obviously not a choice. Haha closest viable option is HLZ:D Do you think that AKL needs a new runway to cope with a "larger Air NZ"?

ZKSUJ

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:49 pm

Last I heard, the new runway would only be able to cater for props and turboprops. This still the case?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos