Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ramerinianair
Topic Author

CO To LAX Yesterday

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:54 am

Was there a 767 operated on the EWR-LAX route yesterday? I was leaving the terminal and there seemed to be a 762 at the gate around 5:30. It also seems that 1602 did not operate yesterday. There were a lot of cancellations, was this a switch?
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

optionscle

RE: CO To LAX Yesterday

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:01 am

1602 did operate yesterday, it arrived at 1:05 AM, late by 5:05. I don't see any 762's that operated that route.

iahcsr

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:15 pm

EWR went code Red yesterday afternoon .... July has not been fun for WX ...  banghead   boggled   crazy 
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....

IADLHR

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:47 pm

Iahcsr

What is code red?

ramerinianair
Topic Author

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:05 am

IADLHR,
I don't know exactly what code red is but I can tell you the scene at EWR.
"Attention Ladies and Gentleman scheduled for flight ### to XXX, CO regrets to inform you that you flight has been cancelled. Please proceed to the nearest Customer Service desk for re-accomodiations."
The Departure screens were filled with red "CANCELLED" signs flashing all over. The CS lines were unbelievably long. The front was causing a lot of problems as it swept across the area and the east in general.
CO announcements blamed the cancellations on the weather and ATC.
-Steve

10mid

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:16 am

Code Red is when a superior orders his subordinates to "discipline" a wayward comrade. It may take the form of a blanket party or other such "punishment", meted out on the offending party to get them back in line.

Who orders the Code Red is a good question and is shrouded in the layers of the chain of command. But we need to get Tom Cruise to ask the airline CEO the tough questions.

CEO: You want answers?

Tom: I think I'm entitled to it.

CEO: You want answers?

Tom: I want the truth.

CEO: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has weather, and when that weather turns bad, who's going to fly through it? You? Or the most professional men and women in this business? I don't have to explain myself to a man who jumps up and down on Oprah's couch like a raving lunatic. Either you strap into a cockpit seat or you take the delay.

Tom: Did you order the Code Red?

CEO: You're goddamn right I did!!!

Tom: If it please the court, I move that we compensate all delayed passengers $300 vouchers good for a future flight and that meal vouchers be given as well. The witness has rights.

CEO: I'm being charged... (Larry rushes for Tom) I'm going to rip your eyes out and piss in your dead skull. You f***ed with the wrong airline!!!!!

Tom: Don't call me son. I'm a lawyer and a passenger with the highest frequent flyer status on your airline, and you're under arrest you son of a b**ch.

From A Few Good Men and Women in the Industry

ContinentalFan

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:50 am

10MID:

LOL.  laughing 

boysteve

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:17 am

HAHA,
well done 10MID, that made me laugh,
well done

delta762

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:40 am

10MID.......AWESOME.

Delta762

iahcsr

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:19 pm

As much as I like replies 4 and 5, Code Red means you have planes unable to takeoff or land because you have nasty WX overhead. If it hangs around long enough, you start having aircraft divert to other airports and planes sitting out on taxiways for an hour or more. Flights not yet airborne from upline cities are told to stay put until ATC says otherwise.... In other words .. A fun time to be had by all..... NOT..  biting   crazy 
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....

ramerinianair
Topic Author

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:03 pm

I love a few good men!!!!!! Great analogy!!!
Steven

ikramerica

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:15 pm

Quoting 10MID (Reply 5):
Tom: If it please the court, I move that we compensate all delayed passengers $300 vouchers good for a future flight and that meal vouchers be given as well. The witness has rights.

And during a weather related delay, cancelation, those rights do not include any compensation whatsover.

The rights consist of the right to hang around, the right to try to rebook at no cost, the right to go home, and the right to a refund (not sure about that last one).

As for the 762, there's been a 762 subbing out on the IAH route occasionally. I saw it there in the morning a couple weeks ago at 8am.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ikramerica

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:42 pm

Well, since CO operates quite a few 762s between EWR and IAH on the 6th, and EWR had many delays and cancelations, CO may have had to sub the 762 to LAX instead, as they were sitting idle in IAH and other eqiupment intended for the route (738s) may have been unavailable, delayed, etc.

Flight 795 arrived late at about 5:25pm. Might it have been a 762 today? Was it at gate 62?
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos