Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

utapao

RE: Two Airlines Sharing Aircraft

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:48 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 39):
TACA and CUBANA share specially in flights to Montreal.

TACAA320 - sorry I haven't made it down to SJO last couple of weeks, but was in MEX this weekend and saw the TACA A320 (I believe) in TACA/Cubana livery.

I know there is TA/CU service to/from YUL, but does the MEX-HAV flight operate in the Taca/Cubana colors? Is the aircraft co-owned, owned by TACA, etc? What is the reason for a "jointly liveried aircraft" vs. just a code-share.

I searched but could not find on forums.

Mil gracias!
sawasdee khrab
Sawasdee khrab!

ExPedia

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:59 am

Quoting BCAL (Reply 48):
Monarch and First Choice also swap aircraft with US/Canadian airlines or tour operators during the winter months. I believe that at one time Air 2000 (now First Choice) and Canada 3000 (now defunct) were owned by the same parent company, hence a regular swap of aircraft between them.

This principal of repositioning lift is the primary reason UK tour ops have such a huge presence in Canada. The UK market is a summer one; Canada is a Winter one. The aircraft cross the pond counter-seasonally and overall fleet utility is improved. Makes a lot of sense.
-- ExPedia

TACAA320

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:19 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Frank Robitaille

Quoting Utapao (Reply 50):
I know there is TA/CU service to/from YUL, but does the MEX-HAV flight operate in the Taca/Cubana colors?

Yes it does.

Quoting Utapao (Reply 50):
Is the aircraft co-owned, owned by TACA, etc?

Is leased from TA, with Irish registration. Its name is Mensajero de Esperanza, to honor the Pope John Paul II. I flew it once [not quite long time ago] from MIA to SAL, and its in impeccable condition. I'm anxious because I will be flying this week the only one B738 of Martinair for the time.

Hope to see sometime here in SJO.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

vfw614

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:12 am

Styrian Spirit currently operates its CR7 on schedules from Austria to Zurich and in-between the flights, the aircraft does rotation for Swiss from ZRH to KRK.

Cannot think of any others over here at the moment.

Wasn't there a lot of "interchange" between Dutch and Belgium airlines and airlines from the Dutch colonies in the past few years (airlines like SLM and ALM using KLM aircraft) ?

sunrisevalley

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:10 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 4):
Back in the DC10 era NZ and BA had an agreement. NZ would fly a DC10 from AKL-LAX with NZ crew and BA would fly the DC10 from LAX-LHR with BA crews

To make it clear, the LAX-LHR sector was a BA flight. BA used the a/c on the LHR-BOS route and may be others, before doing the LHR-LAX return leg.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos