Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

yyz717

RE: Montréal: Why YUL Over YMX?

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:14 am

The ADM had a tough decision to make. They had to close either YMX or YUL. While YMX had more space for long term expansion, YUL had the better facilities and location. They opted for consolidation at YUL and it seems most people agree with the choice.

Quoting ExPedia (Reply 49):
Curfews are pretty commonplace - YYZ has them too, with no flight ops between 1am and 6am. Landing after 1 - say if a machine is late inbound - will cost the carrier a fine of several thousand dollars, I believe.

This of course is a big part of why YHM pulls in such courier and freight volumes - they offer 24 hour ops.

Not quite. The newer Stage III aircraft (757, 320, etc) have been allowed late (up to 3am) arrivals at YYZ for years. Most recently, Fedex Canada relocated their YHM hub to YYZ and now operate many 1am-6am 721/722 departures and arrivals. This has effectively turned YYZ into a quasi-24 hour airport.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos