Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ACB777
Topic Author

Politicians Flying On Commercial Jets

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:17 am

Has anybody here seen a politician (not necessarily high profile) flying on a commercial jet? For example, have any Canadians seen a M.P. flying to/from Ottawa? Does anybody know if these policiticians fly business class or economy class?

[Edited 2005-08-25 21:22:30]

GQfluffy

RE: Politicians Flying On Commercial Jets

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:20 am

MT Senator Max Baucus on OO a few years ago from HLN to SLC. MT Senator Conrad Burns on GQ just last week.  Big grin

fluffy
This isn't where I parked my car...

Leskova

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:26 am

Flew on a plane with Robert Mugabe a few years back, it was an Air Zimbabwe B767 flying HRE-FRA: of the three or four rows of Business Class, just one was available for "common passengers", while the others were blocked solely for him and his wife.

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

FlyHoss

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:32 am

Yes, politicians do fly on commercial airliners. Recently, I've had Texas Representative Tom Delay on a flight (he "worked" the aisle nearly the whole flight). I've had several others, including (then) Colorado Governor Romer and even two Presidents (the last one from Guatemala).
A little bit louder now, a lil bit louder now...

BCAL

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:34 am

Not sure if this counts but two (three?) years ago UK PM Blair, his wife and family flew on a TCX charter flight LGW to SSH. The first two rows of the aircraft were reserved for the exclusive use of the PM's party and bodyguards, and this was not curtained or sectioned off. They boarded the aircraft after all passengers, some of whom were annoyed at being kept waiting for the PM and his party to board, and again when they disembarked before any passengers were allowed to move.

Blair's last flight to SSH was on a BAe146 of the Queen's Fleet. This caused a bit of a stir as the aircraft and crew stayed at SSH for the duration of the PM's holiday.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

irelayer

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:43 am

Quoting ACB777 (Thread starter):
Has anybody here seen a politician (not necessarily high profile) flying on a commercial jet? For example, have any Canadians seen a M.P. flying to/from Ottawa? Does anybody know if these policiticians fly business class or economy class?

I believe Korean Air 007 (The one that was shot down by the Soviet Air Force) was carrying a US senator who is dead/missing as a result. Can't remember his name. Read the KAL007 article on the front page.

-IR

MKEdude

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:05 am

In college I used to go back and forth between MKE and ATL on DL, frequently I would see WI Senator Herb Kohl on the flight. Kohl (as in Kohl's department stores, and owner of the Milwaukee Bucks) is one of the, if not the most, richest senator(s). He always flew coach, and was frequently in the middle seat.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline." Frank Zappa

flybyguy

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:17 am

I saw Howard Dean waiting for a flight in the jetBlue Terminal at JFK about 3-4 weeks ago while I was waiting for my flight to SYR. In fact, he came right up to me just to look at a flight schedule monitor over my head. I would have said hello, but he looked pretty flustered and I didn't want to get a black-eye or something if he was in a sour mood.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

fbgdavidson

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:24 am

I sat next to a high profile member of the House of Lords on a flight from Jersey to Gatwick in BA Club Europe last month.

I think most, if not all politicians in the UK fly commercial.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

slider

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:17 am

CO has the usual gaggle of Congresspeople running from IAH-DCA up on Mondays, back on Fridays.

Typically Delay, Paul, Poe, Jackson-Lee, Green, Brady, et al....large component of the Texas delegation in this geographic area.

lowrider

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:26 am

In 2002, I watched Al Gore get selected for addition screening by the TSA in Milwaukee when he was flying Midwest. I was waiting for someone to ask him, "Didn't you invent airport screening?", but there were no takers.
Proud OOTSK member

rongotai

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:39 am

Here in egalitarian old New Zealand not only do all politicians up to and including the Prime Minister travel on our one class domestic services, but I have also from time to time travelled on an airport bus with them, given a few of them a lift in my car upon arrival, and have received lifts from the airport with them in their ministerial limousines.

In 1978 when I was living in a remote area of the South Island I flew to Hokitika on the same flight as the local (tough and down home born) member of parliament. He was ahead of me on the road to Greymouth, got into a dispute with an oncoming car about who should have given way on a one lane bridge, and threw one of the occupants off the bridge into the river. This did his reputation with his voters no harm whatsoever.

vv701

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:51 am

It was many years ago now - perhaps fifteen - when I was in the check-in queue at Strasbourg for a flight to London Heathrow. I heard a familiar voice behind me and turned round. It was the Rev Ian Paisley, the leader of the Democratic Unionist Party and both a Westminster Member of Parliament and a member of the EU Parliament. He was obviously travelling from a meeting of the European Parliament in Strasbourg through Heathrow on his way to Belfast.

He travelled 'up the front' - EuroClub or whatever Air France called it, and who would not on the travel allowances thar Euro MPs get? But, although he is not my favourite politician and although this was years before the Good Friday agreement - so one would have guessed that he was a prime target for IRA terrorists - we had a very pleasant if short conversation and there was no evidence that he was travelling with a body guard.

boysteve

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:08 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 2):
Flew on a plane with Robert Mugabe a few years back, it was an Air Zimbabwe B767 flying HRE-FRA

Shame no-one killed him

Lumberton

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:18 am

Quoting IRelayer (Reply 5):
I believe Korean Air 007 (The one that was shot down by the Soviet Air Force) was carrying a US senator who is dead/missing as a result. Can't remember his name. Read the KAL007 article on the front page.

-IR

It was a Congressman, Larry McDonald.
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

whitehatter

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:23 am

Quoting BCAL (Reply 4):
Not sure if this counts but two (three?) years ago UK PM Blair, his wife and family flew on a TCX charter flight LGW to SSH.

He used to use Ryanair privately before he got his current job. There's also a few pictures about of Blair getting of a VS 744 (think I've got it somewhere) with a beard poking out of the door behind him!

Many British politicians use BA as they get certain discounts or complimentary tickets from them as well. It did get cut back a while ago but BA is still the airline which does the most business with Parliament.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

srbmod

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:26 am

I was on a DL flight from ATL to DCA back in September 2000 with now ex-Congressmen Bob Barr and Mac Collins. They were seated across the aisle from me up in 1st Class and I didn't know it was them until I got off the plane and Bob Barr got out right before me.

Sabena332

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:33 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 2):
Flew on a plane with Robert Mugabe a few years back, it was an Air Zimbabwe B767 flying HRE-FRA: of the three or four rows of Business Class, just one was available for "common passengers", while the others were blocked solely for him and his wife.

I am wondering that he didn't kick anyone else out so that he, his family, and his bodyguards had the plane for themself.

Did you ask him for an autograph? Big grin  Wink

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

ANCFlyer

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:49 am

Not uncommon at all.

I've flown somewhere with Ted Stevens (R-AK), Frank Murkowski (R-AK), Tony Knowles (D-AK), Fred Thompson (R-TN), John McCain (R-AZ) to name a few. I managed several flights with Ted Stevens to/from ANC/DCA or IAD in the mid-1990s.

I met Fred Thompson at DCA waiting for a flight to BNA several years ago - now, I'm 73" tall, fairly large, but when I shook his hand it was like putting my hand into a Catcher's Mit! he's a big fella . . .

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 10):
In 2002, I watched Al Gore get selected for addition screening by the TSA in Milwaukee when he was flying Midwest. I was waiting for someone to ask him, "Didn't you invent airport screening?", but there were no takers.

rotfl 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

positiverate

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:13 pm

Quoting ACB777 (Thread starter):

Go down to DCA; you'll see Members of the House and Senate flying in and out all the time. Their travel is funded by their office operating budget which, in the House is a fixed number and in the Senate varies based on how large your state is (i.e. CA's Senators have a larger budget than RI's). Most if not all buy coach tickets, but given the amount of FF miles they accrue traveling back and forth weekly to their Congressional Districts or States it's not hard to become a premium member and request an upgrade.

Quoting Slider (Reply 9):
CO has the usual gaggle of Congresspeople running from IAH-DCA up on Mondays, back on Fridays.

Typically Delay, Paul, Poe, Jackson-Lee, Green, Brady, et al....large component of the Texas delegation in this geographic area.

Not so for Shelia Jackson-Lee: she's been banned on CO.

"The congresswoman has also made such a pest of herself with Continental Airlines they refuse to do business with her. She used to reserve several flights at different times on the same day, and just take the one that suited her, not bothering to cancel the others. She was also rude to the flight attendants. Once, after boarding a plane she suddenly became convinced she had left her purse in the boarding area. She ran back to get it, but the plane pushed back from the gate before she could get back on. She demanded that it come back for her, and when officials told her FAA regulations do not permit a return to the gate, she shouted about racism and demanded to see a supervisor. On another occasion, when her seafood special did not appear at mealtime, she screamed at the top of her lungs: “Don’t you know who I am?” I’m Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered!” Apparently, this went on for a full minute, to the astonishment of her fellow passengers. This was too much for Continental, which mailed her a copy of the Delta schedule.

Miss Lee is not popular with her staff. Since 1995, 85 full-time employees have left her office. One, who lasted a month and a half, reports that after a mishap Miss Lee bellowed: “You don’t understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen.” [Sam Dealey, Sheila Jackson Lee, Limousine Liberal: Does She Think the Ethics Rules Don’t Apply to Her? Weekly Standard, Feb. 11, 2002.]"

More on Lee:

Airline makes room for Lee

Members of Congress often use weekend plane trips back to their districts as a way to unwind after a hectic bout of lawmaking. Which could explain why Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) demanded a whole row of seats to herself on a recent Continental flight from Washington to Houston.

Jackson Lee usually gets first-class upgrades from the airline. But on this particular flight first class was full. After cabin attendants delivered the bad news and showed her to the coach section, Jackson Lee exploded, said one witness.

“When she saw that she had to sit with other people, she started shouting that she was in Congress and worked hard. She was really loud. Everybody in the plane could hear.”

Frequent flyers say that such outbursts are common whenever Jackson Lee is on board. The Continental crew seemed to take the whole situation in stride. Attendants scurried around to find her other accommodations, and once Jackson Lee got her own row of seats she quieted down.

Later in the flight she even paid a friendly visit to the people she had refused to sit with. According to a nearby passenger, Jackson Lee “handed out her business cards and invited them to stop by her office.”

http://www.hillnews.com/open_secrets/090303.aspx

lowrider

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:23 pm

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 19):
Airline makes room for Lee

Unbelievable. So much for government of, by and for the people. If she can't be bothered to sit with the rabble, maybe she shouldn't be bothered with representing them either. Some people are truly more trouble than thier business is worth.
Proud OOTSK member

yowza

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:26 pm

A couple of Yemeni minister were on my QR flight to DOH from SAH in January.

YOWza

Starlionblue

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:31 pm

Ok not a plane but I was taking a train to Birmingham from London a few months back. My colleague was (as usual) cutting it close so I was waiting at the end of the platform. All of a sudden Tony Blair shows up walking down to the train. He gave me a nod a a smile. I nodded and smiled back. On the train (Virgin Trains btw) the breakfast was for some odd reason much better than normal. Big grin
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

positiverate

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:33 pm

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 20):
Unbelievable. So much for government of, by and for the people. If she can't be bothered to sit with the rabble, maybe she shouldn't be bothered with representing them either. Some people are truly more trouble than thier business is worth.

The addendum to that story of the plane not coming back is that they pushed with her luggage still on the plane (and in the overhead). They wouldn't open up the cargo hold to pull out her checked bags, but they did return her briefcase to her. The f/a gave it to the Captain (pre-9/11) who opened the cockpit window and tossed it down to a ramper. This guy apparently missed the catch and it just hit the ground. I read that in another story on that issue...will try to find it and post it.

LUVRSW

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:39 pm

Quoting Flybyguy (Reply 7):
saw Howard Dean waiting for a flight in the jetBlue Terminal at JFK about 3-4 weeks ago while I was waiting for my flight to SYR. In fact, he came right up to me just to look at a flight schedule monitor over my head. I would have said hello, but he looked pretty flustered and I didn't want to get a black-eye or something if he was in a sour mood.

He probably would have given you one of his trademark screams!

jetdeltamsy

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:46 pm

Politicians in the US fly commercial regularly. They are some of our best customers.

Private government jets, in the US anyway, are reserved for extremely high ranking government officials.

Getting elected to congress doesn't give you the use of military aircraft here.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

GQfluffy

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:23 pm

Quoting Flybyguy (Reply 7):
In fact, he came right up to me just to look at a flight schedule monitor over my head.

And he didn't ask you about his flight after he looked at the monitor?  wideeyed  I just LOATHE people who do that. Come in...stare right at you...look at the monitors...point at the monitors...talk to themselves for a minute or three...scratch their heads...look around....back at the monitors...then look at you...then finally come up to ask about their flight.  banghead 

fluffy
This isn't where I parked my car...

SWALoveField

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:29 pm

From DAL to HOU on WN I sat next to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R,TX). I found it to be a bit odd. (She declined beverage and peanuts. LOL)

Robb
Dallas, TX

kith

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:56 pm

Al Sharpton (if he counts) from DCA-PHL. -Matt in KITH

yowza

Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:00 pm

Quoting Boysteve (Reply 13):
Shame no-one killed him

Well nobody knew he was a total basket case back then. In fact in the early 80s he was something of a model for African leaders.

YOWza

adriaticus

Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:17 pm

In one memorable occasion, Guatemalan Nobel laureate for Peace Rigoberta Menchú-Tum in my same row accross the aisle.

On another occasion, then Organization of American States (OEA) Secretary General César Gaviria, formerly President of Colombia.

Some Mexican politicians: Then-governor of Nuevo León State Fernando Canales (current Minister of Economy); Minister of Foreign Affairs Luis Ernesto Derbez; Chief Justice José Ramón Cossío.

(The foregoing, always in business class).

___Ad.
A300/18/19/20/21/30/32/88 An24 ATR42/72 B721/2 B732/3/G/8/MAX B741/2/4 B752 B762/3/4 B772/3 B788/9 Concorde DC8/9/10 E45/70/75/90/95 IL62/86 MD10-30/11 SA340/2000 TU134/154

Halophila

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:26 pm

QF flights from SYD to CBR (the capital of Australia) has a large number of parliamentarians flying year-round. Quite a few ministers, including the PM, reside in Sydney, which is far bigger than the (The Prime Minister flies on an RAAF private Jet IIRC). As most flights are operated by DH8's, I think they have no choice but to fly Y.
Flown on A36 310 319 320 321 332 333 343 388 350 707 717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 741 742 743 744 74SP 757 753 762 763 772 773 77W 787 D10 DC9 M11 M80 M87 CRJ CR7 CR9 CR1000 120 135 145 175 190 146 F28 F50 F70 F100 Tristar

ltbewr

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:17 pm

You will often see politicans on the DCA-LGA/BOS shuttles, and have seen Rep. Rangle, Sen. Shumer and others on them. I don't think Sen. Clinton may use commerical flight often, due to her being the wife of an ex-US President and the higher level of risk she would have.

TripleDelta
Screener

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:12 pm

Several Croatian politicians have gotten into the trend of flying standard OU commercial flights, first class of course, but apparently without a major fuss. Even though the government owns a Challenger (9A-CRO) that is in excellent operating condition, it is mostly used by the president and his immediate staff, or when several high-ranking politicians need to travel en masse.

The word at the airport (excuse the pun  bigthumbsup  ) is that this is a cost-saving measure and apparently, though this is yet to be believed by the public, several politicians dropped the Challenger by their own choice. The government did own several executive aircraft (another Challenger (9A-CRT) and a Dassault Falcon 10 (9A-CRL) ), but had to sell them since their maintenance costs were sky-high.
Hawkeye: "It doesn't make any sense."
Radar: "Well, none of it makes any sense. You just have to send in the right number of forms." - MASH 4077

positiverate

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:38 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 32):
I don't think Sen. Clinton may use commerical flight often, due to her being the wife of an ex-US President and the higher level of risk she would have.

Actually she uses both Shuttles a lot...

JohnJ

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:42 pm

Connecticut Senator Christopher Dodd was on a United 737 flight I took from Hartford to Dulles earlier this year. In fact, he sat in the row right in front of me - in coach. Seemed like a nice guy.

ARGinLON

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:46 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 17):
Many British politicians use BA as they get certain discounts or complimentary tickets from them as well. It did get cut back a while ago but BA is still the airline which does the most business with Parliament.

I believe some politicians get some kind of "travel cards" from BA and VS as a perk from the airline.

Sometime ago there was a debate going on about this on the British media.

Can anybody confirm this?

fbgdavidson

Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:50 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 32):
I don't think Sen. Clinton may use commerical flight often, due to her being the wife of an ex-US President and the higher level of risk she would have.

She does fly commerical
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

TANS

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:10 am

Czech politicians are also frequent flyers on commercial planes. Sometimes I feel like they are the only ones to fly on the route from Prague to the north-eastern city of Ostrava (368 km.) on CSA. There was a big debate about this in Parliament recently and they only agreed on not agreeing, so the taxpayers can continue to pay for their weekly trips home...

Although Parliament and Senate members usually do travel on commercial jets (business class, of course) most cabinet ministers will use one of the planes that belongs to the government. The Challenger CL-601 and the Jak-40 are usually used on European routes and the two TU-154s for longer travels. The problem with those is that, in most cases, they will fly almost empty as no delegation is able to fill them up. Plus, on an average flight to Latin America they have to stop at least two times en-route.

What I don’t get is why they insist so much on this private jet thing. Practically, the service they would get in first class are far superior to what the Czech Army can offer, the time it takes to get to the destination would be far shorter on a commercial plane and the savings for the state coffers incomparable…

Boeing744

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:12 am

Well, my neighboor is the Deputy Minister of Energy Resources and Mines for B.C. He is not a politician, but always flys AC to Ottawa and throughout B.C. he says that the MLA's do as well.

dforce1

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 am

Didn't the federal government sign a contract with WJ for providing air service at a specific price for government employees?

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 39):
Well, my neighboor is the Deputy Minister of Energy Resources and Mines for B.C. He is not a politician, but always flys AC to Ottawa and throughout B.C. he says that the MLA's do as well.

What class do they travel in?

SNATH

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:25 am

In the early 90s I was on a Sabena flight from ATH to BRU in business class. A Greek politician from the conservative party (Nea Dhmokratia), and whose name totally escapes me, was sitting on the same row as me, just across the aisle. The funny thing about this was that he spent the entire flight reading the leftmost newpaper that was available on the flight!  Wink

Incidentally, for a long time, Greek politicians largely preferred flying on Sabena between ATH and BRU instead of OA.

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

gipper913

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:31 am

Once on the shuttle from DCA to LGA, Senator D'Amato (R-NY).

Also, while waiting to board at DCA, saw a couple of Secret Service guys waiting by another gate. Hung out over there and when that flight deplaned, it was the then Secretary of HHS, Tommy Thompson (who is also a former Governor of Wisconsin). He was stopped three times in the concourse by what I took to be lobbyists/politicos. (It IS a company town, after all)!
The size of the federal budget is not an appropriate barometer of social conscience or charitable concern. --R. Reagan

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:38 am

A client of mine was on the same 25 min TAP Lisbon Faro flight as former Portuguese PM Durao Barrosa sitting in C class. My client even managed to delay the flight by refusing to give up his self inflating life jacket which contained a small oxygen cylinder. He'd been diving in Madeira, and had had no problem passing thru Funchal to get the Lisbon flight, but in the end threatened to leave him behind if he wouldn't dump the jacket.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

irelayer

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:47 am

Quoting Rongotai (Reply 11):
In 1978 when I was living in a remote area of the South Island I flew to Hokitika on the same flight as the local (tough and down home born) member of parliament. He was ahead of me on the road to Greymouth, got into a dispute with an oncoming car about who should have given way on a one lane bridge, and threw one of the occupants off the bridge into the river. This did his reputation with his voters no harm whatsoever.

Seriously! LOL. What happened to the guy?

-IR

ACB777
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:47 am

Quoting DFORCE1 (Reply 40):
Didn't the federal government sign a contract with WJ for providing air service at a specific price for government employees?

Apparently Ottawa did sign an agreement with WJ.

https://secure.globeadvisor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/story/gam/20050630/RTICKER30-5

afay1

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:07 am

Ted Kennedy is frequently sighted (out of breath) in the airports and on the Shuttle between BOS-DCA...

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:21 am

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 39):

Does WS have a frequent flyer program? I'm guessing all the miles collected on AC and redeamable on Star Alliance would have no influence on such decisions  Wink
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

KUGN

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:51 am

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 20):

During early-mid 90s, there ware a similar stories on United's flights from Chicago, with then-poweful House member Dan Reynolds . He had awfull attitude toward cabin crew and other passangers. It all ended around 1995, when he was convicited for sexual assault and obstruction of justice.

Keep an eye on politicians who are unrully passangers - their attitude in airplane is more telling then it may seem.

RCS763AV

Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:03 am

In Colombia the only politicians who dont fly commercial are the ministers (they sometimes do), the president and some which are on death threat. The rest fly normally...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos