Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TR1
Topic Author

Non-rev Staff Travel On TAM

Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:07 am

I'm planning to travel to Brazil at the end of September. I work for NWA which doesn't have a staff travel agreement with TAM. Does anyone know if TAM would be able to accept a ZED fare ticket on American or Varig from Sao Paulo to Miami or a Varig ZED ticket from Sao Paulo to Rio and return? If they could it would be good to have them as another back-up if I don't get on the other flights. I've heard of other airlines accepting non-rev staff tickets from other carriers and I hope this would also be the case. Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

LipeGIG

RE: Non-rev Staff Travel On TAM

Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:21 pm

Steve,

I several times talk with JJ staff on RG planes (with ZED tickets) and the other info (RG staff flying on JJ planes) is also real on Sao Paulo-Rio flights. I don't know about International flights MIA-GRU or GIG, but if you are close to the MIA airport try to contact the staff there. Take care as on several days Tam is facing overbooking on night flights.

Sorry if i cannot help you 100%

Rgds,
Felipe

[Edited 2005-09-06 05:25:14]
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

TR1
Topic Author

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:07 am

Felipe,
Thanks for the info. Sorry I couldn't acknowledge earlier. I will check with TAM's Miami office.
Steve

highguy76

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:49 pm

Check with Continental also, we fly from GRU-GIG, and with NWs low non-rev fares on CO it shouldn't cost too much.
Highguy76

TR1
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:07 am

We now have ZED with CO so it's also a possibility. When traveling to a destination not served by NWA I like to keep all my options open. I also like to sample as many other airlines as possible too.

PPSMA

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:30 am

Quote:
; Highguy76: Check with Continental also, we fly from GRU-GIG, and with NWs low non-rev fares on CO it shouldn't cost too much.

Careful, guys , cause no int´l airline is allowed to carry local traffic on domestic legs of int´l flights. That means even if TR1 gets an okay from a CO staff who´s not familiar with those rules, he may end up stranded in GRU or GIG.

As an ex-AA and UA airport staff myself, I´d go for an ID 90 or 75 on JJ or RG and you´re probably okay .

Last but not least I have good friends at CO in SAO so if you should be interested in checking out with them, please let me know!

Cheers,
Aviation is my thing!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos