Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FCA7E7
Topic Author

Cabin Crew Commission Schemes

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 pm

I am currently undertaking a project relating to Cabin Crew Commission Schemes, and I would be interested in hearing what type of commission scheme the airline you work for offers to it's crew.

Also I would like to hear about ideas crew would have to improve commission schemes.

Any info would be a great help!

Thanx

highguy76

RE: Cabin Crew Commission Schemes

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:04 pm

Here in the US "commission" is earned from onboard sales of duty free (such as booze and ciggarettes) but I don't think that is what you are asking.
Could you be talking about the extra pay negotiated for overnight flights, galley preperation, ect.?
Highguy76

FCA7E7
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:44 am

Yes, I am talking about commission earned from onboard sales eg duty free.

Concorde001

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:50 am

Quoting FCA7E7 (Reply 2):
Yes, I am talking about commission earned from onboard sales eg duty free

Airlines also have commission schemes which effectively top up salary. For example, BA pay their cabin crew like this:

A) Basic Salary = £10,213 per annum.
B) Flying allowances variable and can vary each month depending on trip allocation. Typical new entrant cabin crew member can expect to earn in the region of £500 per month additional flying allowances. * Flying allowances are usually for meals etc.
c) A +B = Approx salary of £16,213 (US$27500) pa
*Source: britishairwaysjobs.com

Hope this helps!

[Edited 2005-09-13 17:53:59]

[Edited 2005-09-13 17:56:52]

nwa757300

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:10 am

NW pays commission on duty free sales. I believe it's 4% on all sales only to those crew members that sell duty free. NW has changed it's commission rates several times in the last few years. At one point they paid a higher percentage if you met certain sales goals. So the more you sold the higher your commission percentage was. Now it's just a flat rate regardless of total sales. Commission checks are paid quarterly. Now with the sales of on board meals we don't really get a commission but we're entered into a drawing for prizes.

At TWA we were given a 1% commission on all sales on board. Including liquor sales on domestic flights. I can't remember if duty free sales were a different percentage or not.

bwaflyer

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:04 am

At Astraeus, it's 10% of all the onboard sales divided by the operating crew. On a normal charter flight with a pay bar, headset sales, and duty free, you can bank £2,500 to £3,000 on a flight. So between 5 crew, £50-£60. However, normal takings are in the £800 - £1500 range. Normal monthly comission works out normally about £150-£200.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos