Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LUVRSW
Topic Author

NWA Cutting Pinnacle Fleet

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:02 am

Boeing757/767

RE: NWA Cutting Pinnacle Fleet

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:24 am

Unfortunately, both have put all their eggs in the basket of one carrier and this is what can happen.
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

skibum9

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:35 am

Before everyone jumps to conclusions, this could also be in response to some of the problems that Pinnacle is having hiring new pilots. Pinnacle is short about 300 pilots and has not been able to hire new ones fast enough. Using a figure of 7 flights crews, or 14 pilots, per plane, the shortage of 300 pilots would equate into about 20 planes that would be parked in the first place. And, before everyone says there is many pilots on furlough that they can hire, who wants to give up their seniority number and start all over, flying for the wages that a 1st regional pilot makes?
Tailwinds!!!

burnsie28

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:17 am

Yep, and it could just be to get new lease contracts, which the same is going on for the ARJ's.

NLINK

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:18 am

There is also some thing in the works for 9E to sublease these to XJ instead of long term storage. All just rumors about that though atm.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:30 am

So many rumors flying around about the fate of the Avro's at Mesaba and some of the CRJ's at Pinnacle. Honestly, no one really knows what is going to happen until anyone actually sees or flies these aircraft out to the desert to be parked. In the tradition of NW whipsawing, its very possible that we are again witnessing a NW management scare tactic toward both the airlinks and the aircraft leasing companies. Its likely that the Airlinks will be pared down some, but the question is how many mainline aircraft go vs. airlinks....

Quoting Boeing757/767 (Reply 1):
Unfortunately, both have put all their eggs in the basket of one carrier and this is what can happen.

Pinnacle & Mesaba have no choice. They may be independent companies, but they are virtually controlled by NW. NW subleases all of their aircraft to them, and has specific contractual language that does not allow them to fly for any other carrier.

GulfstreamGuy

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:36 am

LIT is feeling the effects as well. We already lost one CRJ to MSP. We will be losing the midday MSP and midday DTW CRJs next month as well. We all just hope these cutbacks don't go on too long!  crossfingers 

GulfstreamGuy airplane 
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

LUVRSW
Topic Author

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:42 am

I don't think it's a scare tactic towards XJ: it's a done deal. They have announced dates and numbers to be parked. NW has always had a hard-on for the AVRO's, and XJ's pilot group didn't do themselves any favors with their last whopper contract. You reap what you sow.

northwestair

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Quoting LUVRSW (Reply 7):
I don't think it's a scare tactic towards XJ: it's a done deal. They have announced dates and numbers to be parked. NW has always had a hard-on for the AVRO's, and XJ's pilot group didn't do themselves any favors with their last whopper contract. You reap what you sow.

HDQ might have said they are going to park all of the AVRO's, but I went into the SOC Scheduling and noticed that the AVRO's are still scheduled to fly. Remember NW tried to tell XJ that we were going to park all of the Avro's last year, but did we NOPE we didn't. I also believe that there is a Hearing scheduled for 07Oct with the Lessing Company for the Avro's so lets wait and see what happens. I don't think we will park the Avro until after we get out of BK, cause as of this moment we have no other substitutions for this particular A/C. The person that we really need to talk to is FAVRE, he seems to always know what is going on up at SOC HDQ
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

LUVRSW
Topic Author

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:05 am

atct

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:29 am

Hopefully this wont effect PIT-MEM or PIT-MSP service on the RJ's. I would hate to see another carrier cut back here since US has started its downturn.

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

ejmmsu

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:18 am

The comfort of the NW configured ARJ was the reason I started flying NWA back when I was in OKC. Replacing the ARJ with CRJ's in cities like OKC would make NWA a much less attractive choice for travelers.

I think the solution here is to...

1. Get better lease rates
2. Remove scope clauses and make the aircraft all coach. The addition of seats will make the planes more economically viable.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos