Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

speedmarque
Topic Author

BA: New Club World On The Way?

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:00 pm

Dear all,

Below is part of Willy Walsh's first chat to us staff after he took over today....

"There are further opportunities for efficiencies all across the airline that we will need to deliver to ensure our financial viability and to allow us to invest in the future. Within a year, we will make significant investments in our Club World business class cabin, inflight entertainment and in the ba.com website."

Sound like more than a re-fit to me as they have only just started refitting with softer beds etc. Although CW is excellent, VS has a far superior business cabin and bed now, is BA thinking of something radical and new for CW?

Hope so.

Concorde001

RE: BA: New Club World On The Way?

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:15 pm

I posted a topic a few months ago, here is the link
BA First & Club World-brand New Upgrade? (by Concorde001 Jun 14 2005 in Civil Aviation)

In short, here is what I posted:

"New Arrivals at BA
It has recently been suggested to staff attending BA's OOF courses that a significant upgrade of First and Club World cabins is to be announced at years end. Definately needed for First but apparently Club is going to be something completely new, a new way of travelling as we have been told. The project was approved for finance two weeks ago by the board. Also a new AVOD IFE system is to be launched shortly!!!
WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!"

This was posted by a BA employee on PPrune!

speedmarque
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:22 pm

Sounds good Concorde001. Looks like Willy is giving us confirmation that something is afoot in my post then?

Great, cant wait to see what happens.

georgiaame

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:55 pm

Wow, if only Delta managment were capable of reading!
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

Alitalia744

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:50 pm

Quoting GeorgiaAME (Reply 3):
Wow, if only Delta managment were capable of reading!

Delta's management are capable of reading, and if it weren't for finances right now, you'ld see launch of the new BizE seat...

all in good time.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

B747-4U3

Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:25 am

Well, BA revolutionised air travel when they launched flat beds in business. I am sure they will do it again this time.

wrighbrothers

Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:00 am

As has been previously mentioned , BA were the first to introduce flat beds in first and bussinness class , however , with all their ideas focusted on cost cutting, they have let the compotition slip ahead , If BA were to put a EK style seat in first and put a VS/ANZ style seat in Bussiness , they would be laughing. Add larger flat screen IFE screens in all classes with AVOID , make World Traveller pitch 34-36in , WT+ pitch to 40-42in , C/W pitch to 6ft8in with a VS style cabin configuration and First class a 7ft long bed with grey leather seat covers and all the latest toys
Such as , live IFE , AVOID , Television/radio , DVD player , CD and Minidisc player. Separate computer screen with inbuilt internet , flip out keyboard and mouse, private side lamp , Improved catering options , in-seat massage machine , aotomaticly adjusting seat , EK style 500+ channel IFE and added with the BA service , and your in for one good flight  Big grin
I can dream , but seriously , i could see some of those ideas in the near future.

Wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos