Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BR715-A1-30

RE: Budweiser Makes Fun Of LCC Pilots In Commercial

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:17 pm

I think he's bashing more of the REGIONAL COMMUTER CARRIERS... To which I think are just as good... You have to start somewhere... SHEESH!!!

Funny Commercial.. a bit inappropriate, but funny nonetheless

thepilot

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:59 pm

I thought the commercial was hilarious, especially the "the most direct trip to IAH (or HOU), is through FLL with layovers in DTW, YVR, and AZO." And "I can't feel my legs!" Hilarious. Might hit a nerve with some pilots,and I understand that. But, as a pilot myself, I thought it was OK, seeing as it was a joke. I never drink beer or any alcohol, but the commercials these people come up with are amusing.

midex461

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:30 pm

I loved it! Hilarious! And I work for one of those discount airlines - HP(dba US) if anybody's wondering
Must've been talking 'bout all the guys flying for YV, F8, or Air Midwest

Airmech56

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:59 pm

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 1):
Very very inappropriate

All this proves is that there's a lot of people with absolutely no sense of humor. These people are WAY too uptight, loosen up, laugh, you'll be surprised how good you'll feel afterward. Instead of acting like a bunch of robots, act human for once in your life.

Quoting AviatorTJ (Reply 13):
Listening to that ruined my day

WOW, sir, if that ruined your day, what would you do if you lost all your belongings(sp?) in a hurricane, or a earthquake, or lost a loved one in war battle. I think theres more things that would ruin your day than some VERY FUNNY commercial

DeltaRules

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:42 am

LMAO...that was great!

DeltaRules

Jeff G

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:44 am

I am a LCC pilot and I thought it was hilarious. It also bears little resemblance to reality, at least at my airline, so how can anyone actually take it seriously?

Indy

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:52 am

You gotta admit its pretty funny. Don't know why they pinned it on the pilots when it really makes fun of the airline industry and consumers at the same time. The saving $9 and the direct route thing were funny.

Mir

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:09 am

"The shortest distance to Houston is through Fort Lauderdale, with layovers in Detroit, Vancouver and Kalamazoo."  rotfl 

Quite good, though I have heard better Mr. _____ commercials than this.

-Mir

IAHERJ

Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:02 am

I'm an AirTran pilot and I thought it was funny. It obviously isn't a real commercial and Continental's ALPA division put out similar ads years ago that were very funny as well and were the same thing. Funny stuff.

IAHERJ

Gilligan

Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:57 pm

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 65):
That's because it's so cheap. When you were in high-school earning your $5 a week allowance from mom and dad, what beer would you blow it on when you asked someone over 21 walking into a liquor store to buy you beer?

The finest French beer ever imported....Goebel, as well as the finest German beer ever imported....Schaefer...our American favorite....Red, White, and Blue...and finally our favorite standby....Little Kings!!!! Never go to a rock concert without them!! lol

Quoting FlyXJT (Reply 79):
For the dumbed-down public, I could see finding this commercial funny and making sense - hell, it even got a chuckle out of me, however it is not even close to true. Make a commercial with the 21 year old, brand new CFI, with shiny jet syndrome, who paid some flight academy $80,000 to get his ratings and 400tt/50multi. Then he bends over to get paid 50 seat rates to fly 70+ seaters for bottom feeders like Mesa, GoJet, or Chautauqua. That would make me laugh, mostly because its true - and it would probably scare the sh*t out of the public if they knew their captain had never set foot in a plane until 4 years earlier.

The same could be said about your average ER intern, dentist, and lawyer couldn't it?

StevenG

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:10 am

Talking about Budweiser.

Isn't that the equivalent of making love in a canoe?
It's f*cking close to water!

So who gets bashed here?

BMIbaby733

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:52 am

funny as f-ck!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

CMK10

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:59 am

I nearly died when one of the layover places was Kalamazoo.