Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Ekairliner
Topic Author

Emirates To Improve Economy Class Service

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:07 pm

Well basically they realise that their standards r slipping, probably little later then rest of the world, but yeah they r to take steps and difference to be seen from november onwards..goodluck to them..here is the full article

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/BusinessNF.asp?ArticleID=187769

zeekiel

RE: Emirates To Improve Economy Class Service

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:20 pm

This is a timely announcement.

The cabin standards according to this article are lacking and according to the posts on this forums and elsewhere, they are definately slipping.

Hopefully something good will come out of this shake up.

As the article says, there is nothing wrong with the Emirates hardare. Most airlines would love to have a piece of that.

Cheers

Zeekiel
Bring back the New Zealand Air Combat Force

toptravel

Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:32 pm

Smart of EK to realize they have a problem before it gets out of hand.

Most carriers don't realize that Customer Service should, after maintenance and training, be the of the next highest priority. Happy employees make Happy customers.

People now working for a 1980 salary while watching the CEO take home millions does not make for happy employees nor happy customers.

Skymonster

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 pm

Emirates need to look at their business class product too, especially on the aircraft like the A330 and A340-300 that have been in the fleet for a while... To be quite honest, its pretty poor compared to the better airlines today - no flat beds, 2+3+2 instead of 2+2+2, PTV screens in seat backs so if the person in front reclines you're looking at the floor, etc, etc. Some of these a/c are used on 7-8hour flights, including overnights, and I'd chose BA or LH [for example] over EK on those a/c in business class anyday.

Emirates have been over-hyped and over-rated for ages - maybe their product on the A345 and 773ER is good (I'll find out about the 773ER next week!) - but for the rest I think they need to do a re-think.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

yak42

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:27 pm

I think they are wrong to refurbish their economy class cabin in such a rash way. Their economy class is very good with tastfull upholstery and brilliant IFE. I think the actual cabin is irrelevant, its the service from cabin crew that needs attention. I know a girl who became a flight attendant with Emirates and the fact she got the job, reflects badly on Emirates, knowing this girl (Ryanair wouldnt take her!) was not exactly cabin crew material.

Fly-K

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:04 pm

Quoting Skymonster (Reply 3):
maybe their product on the A345 and 773ER is good (I'll find out about the 773ER next week!)

Not really...:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt
View Large View Medium

First is better than on the older 777s and 330/340, but not the 345 suite:

View Large View Medium

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

Detroiter

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:32 am

Quoting Toptravel (Reply 2):
Customer Service should, after maintenance and training, be the of the next highest priority. Happy employees make Happy customers.

cant say it better.

Quoting Skymonster (Reply 3):
its pretty poor compared to the better airlines today - no flat beds, 2+3+2 instead of 2+2+2

I agree with you, I always thought why would I fly business class and yet set in the middle? But again who are the better Airlines? I know LH , AF has the 2-3-2 in service, not sure about BA. And the only reason that QR dose not have 2-3-2 is because they don’t fly 747 or 777 I guess

RedDragon

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:46 am

Quoting Yak42 (Reply 4):
Their economy class is very good with tastfull upholstery and brilliant IFE. I think the actual cabin is irrelevant, its the service from cabin crew that needs attention.

That's why the quoted article talks mainly about improved service, not amenities or specification.

Rich

Emirates773ER

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:49 am

It was about time that they looked into this....  irked 
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

gilesdavies

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:14 am

I wonder it this will mean reducing the number of seats in economy on the 777's.

I think they are one of the only airlines to seat 10 abreast on these aircrafts, where most airlines offer 9 abreast.

This will make the cabin feel far less crowded and claustrophobic.

Esspecially when some of these aircraft fly such long route for example to Australia and New Zealand.

I personally feel EK is very much over hyped and not as greater airline as people make out. There Business product on the A330-200's and A340-300's falls short of many other airlines operating these aircraft. Economy is nothing great and many airlines now offer PTV's which use to be one of their big selling points, leg room and general comfort in Y is nothing great! I think they are beginning to get greedy and cramming as many people on their aircrafts as possible. (This is however my mear opinion and I am sure I will be shot down by other people in the forum.)

jaysit

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:34 am

What is the point of that ridiculous cabinet with the array of soft drinks in their 777ER First Class?

Isn't the point of First Class that if you want a cold beverage, your cabin attendant brings it to you? In any case, none of those beverages are refrigerated, so you'd still need ice with your drink.

The whole idea is stupid and cheezy.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

LO231

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:44 am

They should learn frrom U.S. carriers....  duck 

Sorry, just kidding. I'll never speak again

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

Trolley Dolley

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:51 am

http://www.emirates.com/uae/AboutEmi...ews/GN_NewsDetail.asp?yr=2005&St=2

The link above from EK's own site shows that the enhancements include.... wait for it..... purple and mauve headrest covers and a new design of meal tray service.

Hardly huge changes.

runway23

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:55 am

I think rather than just improving seats on their aircraft, EK should try to make their service more consistant. On the flights I've taken with them they have been radically different in their quality of service (going from excellent to poor and v.v.).

emirates777

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:30 am

Stay tuned for more announcements - the 777 fleet (-300 and -300ER) will get another premium cabin upgrade starting next year esp. in J class.

Rgds
Emirates777

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos