Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BMIbaby733
Topic Author

Nexus Airways

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:15 am

check this out www.nexusairways.com i knew this would go tits up!
This is the 18 year olds airline !

alcregular

RE: Nexus Airways

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:26 am

Grounded before they took off, lol. For some strange reason, I thought this might happen.
Why drive when you can fly?

Cadet57

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:28 am

Im still trying to decide if this is real or not....
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

Gofly

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:28 am

Quoting BMIbaby733 (Thread starter):
check this out www.nexusairways.com i knew this would go tits up!

It hasn't gone "tits up". Yet.

They were due to start some sort of lease agreement, but I can't remember who with. You have to also take into account that they haven't actually started operating yet, and deals fall through, circumstances change etc.

I wish him all the best with his efforts, it's a tough world. Time will tell.

-Gofly  Smile
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

ACEregular

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:38 am

Nexus were going to lease a Futura B734 and its crew I believe.

SthPacific787

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:43 am

You are all 'Doomsayers'. How about a postive optimistic view for a change. We are all so skepical of anything new. I find it refreshing when people try new things and 'have a go'. I also find it tirsome and draining when eveyone knocks them down and come with the inevitable'told-you-so's.

I hope it (Nexus) gets going and succeeds.
Aussie Based Air NZ 787 fan

lhrmaccoll

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:47 am

No, there were aguments for this last time, i remember speaking to the geezer behind it. What they say on that website basically means they've gone tits up.
No offence to the management but that site looks like a joke. Its not professional in one way at all.
Alex

Gofly

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:51 am

Quoting Lhrmaccoll (Reply 6):
No offence to the management but that site looks like a joke. Its not professional in one way at all.

I think basic would be a more appropriate word.

I noticed that they were offering deals with travel extras. Haven't they just gone bust?

-Gofly  Smile

jmc757

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:27 am

Quoting ACEregular (Reply 4):
Nexus were going to lease a Futura B734 and its crew I believe.

Nexus told everyone they had an agreement with Futura for the charter of a 737. Only problem was that Futura knew nothing about it, and were less than impressed with their name being attatched to this project. Liverpool airport also knew nothing.

They mention on their website that their licensing partner has ceased trading. I do wonder which license they are talking about. Nexus have previously stated they do not need any ATOL or similar.

Quoting Gofly (Reply 7):
I noticed that they were offering deals with travel extras. Haven't they just gone bust?

Yes, the other week. Nexus have updated their website since this, yet have failed to remove the link.

Professionals!

TS-IOR

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:38 pm

Is it a start-up for real or a smart A.Netter work  Wink

oly720man

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:49 pm

More recent news about this endeavour.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...irline-in-new-probe-name_page.html

"CRISIS-hit Nexus Airways could face legal action after telling customers alternative flights had been arranged for them with another company.

Letters sent out last week said that Nexus - launched by Maghull schoolboy Daniel Reilly - would be unable to run planned routes because the company's licensing partner had gone into liquidation.

Passengers were told that alternative flights via Manchester airport had been arranged with another company, Airflights Direct.

But Airflights Direct, an independent ABTA-bonded travel agency, says it has never been contacted by Nexus."

and so on....
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

wgw2707

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:10 pm

Nexus Airways is basically Mainline Airways redux. An aspiring young con-artist posing as an aspiring young entrepreneur sets up a bogus charter airline to seperate price-sensitive leisure consumers from their wallets.

This incident is unfortunate in that it creates a PR problem for legitimate young entrepreneurs in the airline industry, such as the 19 year old who is launching the Alpha One service.

It is extremely difficult, btw, for most small businesses to reliably maintain and update their website. When you have just a few employees, even the most mundane tasks become agonizing chores, as the limited HR base is stretched thin to cover a sprawling workload.

-WGW2707

7LBAC111

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:27 pm

Quote:
Nexus Airways originally planned to operate daily services out of Liverpool John Lennon Airport to the Islands, however we have had severe problems as our licensing partner ceased trading, which despite our best efforts, unfortunately we have been able to recover from. Therefore we hope to just take an allocation of seats on existing flights during the peak periods, until a time when we can establish new partners and seat sales justify whole aircraft operations ex Liverpool. You can check our availability and pricing for Christmas & New Year 2005 online, and If you want to book any of the flights listed then contact us!

What a poorly written statement!! Reiterates my firm belief that this is/was nothing more than a school project or a plain old con.
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

LeonB1985

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:34 pm

Well, they are (at least) registered as a 'proper' company:

Name & Registered Office:
NEXUS AIRWAYS LTD
LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT
LIVERPOOL
MERSEYSIDE
L24 1YD
Company No. 05031078

(Taken from Companies House website)
From the construction site that is better-known as London Heathrow Airport

cornish

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:51 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 12):
You can check our availability and pricing for Christmas & New Year 2005 online, and If you want to book any of the flights listed then contact us!

Mmm you'd really want to book them for that all important flight to get you home for Xmas or New Year wouldn't you......  Wink
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Gofly

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:41 am

Ok, I take back what I said.  Wink

-Gofly

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos