Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Humberside
Topic Author

Humberside Airport

Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:25 am

As you can probably guess, my local airport is Humberside. So for the first post on here, a list of whats happening in 2006. Things are certainly looking good

Ryanair to Dublin
Excel Airways are to base an aircraft for 3/4 days a week in the summer
New charter routes to Rhodes, Paphos, Fuerteventura and Monastir
New tour operator - Island Cruises

Also possibly Helios will upgrade their usual summer Larnaca charter to scheduled status. The Airtours Summer Sun brochure lists the flight using the ZU Helios Scheduled flight code

Hope I've missed nothing out
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

2travel2know

RE: Humberside Airport

Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:33 am

Do you think Humberside like other UK + Eire airports is trying to lobby CO to fly overthere from EWR?
Has Robin Hood Airport somewhat affected Humberside operations?
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

Humberside
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:41 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 1):
Do you think Humberside like other UK + Eire airports is trying to lobby CO to fly overthere from EWR?

I dont think so. No way near the catchment needed to support a service, though the runway would be suitable for a B752 on such a service I think

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 1):
Has Robin Hood Airport somewhat affected Humberside operations?

Yes. A few charter flights moved there last summer and our 2005 passenger numbers are down. Though this year we should be back to the same number of passengers as before DSA opened

foxecho

Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:43 am

I think its more likely that Doncaster will get the EWR flight if anyone around there. Most people traveling international from Grimsby/Clee take the Trans Pennine Express train to/from MAN which takes about 3 hours, while that trip has some awesome scenery, its not really where you want to be sitting on a train for 3 hours to get to Grimsby/Cleethorpes after having sat on a plane for 6+ hours overnight.

Humberside is an awesome little airport, I nonrev in and out of there all the time... Its actually going to be more convinient (and yes, cheaper) for me to fly FR into HUY.

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI
..uh, we'll need that to live......

HUYfan

Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 am

Just a few more points, the KLM Amsterdam will operate at more convenient times as of summer 06. 3 F70 flights a day, as usual.

A second a/c was planned for Excel, but that has fallen through. Something is very possible for 2007, and it is widely expected that the part based a/c will become fully based for that season. Corfu and Zakynthos were due to be added, as were second flights to Las Palmas, Arrecife and Fuerteventura.

Ryanair have said that should the DUB prove popular, more routes would be opened up. Expectations are Murcia, Malaga and Barcelona GRO.

HUY still needs more low fares flights, but FR is a good start.

Regards

Mike

Humberside
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:15 am

Quoting HUYfan (Reply 4):
the KLM Amsterdam will operate at more convenient times as of summer 06. 3 F70 flights a day, as usual.

A Fokker 100 is scheduled for the mid morning flight this winter