Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Humberside
Topic Author

Leeds Bradford Set For Record 2006

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:28 am

http://www.lbia.co.uk/newsstory.php?storyid=20060103

The Key Points Are:

3 million passengers expected this year with 7 new scheduled services (Newquay, Bergerac, Rome FCO, Pisa, Milan Bergamo, Menorca and Warsaw) and 4 new charter destinations (Corfu, Crete, Paphos and Rhodes)

Ryanair have upgraded from a B732 to a B738 and the airport are working on a Germany flight:

"we will also be working hard to try to persuade an airline to introduce a service to one of the major Cities in Germany this year.” "
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Orion737

RE: Leeds Bradford Set For Record 2006

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:32 am

I think LBA may have their work cut out attracting more full service and charter carriers. Most of the expansion is coming from resident LCC Jet2.

There has been a gradual decline in charter flights. Thomsonfly, for instance moving some flights to DSA and operating fewer flights from LBA as of next year.

I can also imagine BD cutting some of its regional services from LBA, certainly I dont think BD will expand at LBA as most destinations are covered by Jet2 and they are losing customers on the CDG route to Jet2.

Humberside
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:55 am

Air France would be better to compete on LBA-CDG with Jet 2 than bmi. AF would have the benefit of onward connections
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Orion737

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:59 am

The yields on the BD flight from LBA-CDG must have fallen dramatically since Jet2 inaugurated their LBA-CDG service. BDs fares are much lower than they used to be on that route, let me tell you!

Also doesnt BD still offer a complimentary cabin service on this route? I understood regional flights still get free drinks and food.

I reckon the BD LBA-CDG route will soon be chopped.

Capital146

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:11 am

Newquay is not a new scheduled route, it has been flown for almost 9 months now, with a stop en-route at Bristol. The change is that one of the two flights operated each day will become a nonstop service. Also, Corfu is not a new charter destination either, BY have operated it every Friday for donkeys years. Good old LBA press releases, you can always rely on them for inaccuracies.

Quoting Humberside (Thread starter):
"we will also be working hard to try to persuade an airline to introduce a service to one of the major Cities in Germany this year.”

On a recent Jet2 flight I was handed a questionnaire by the crew, where one of the questions asked was which German city I would wish to see Jet2 serve (with a choice of about 6 cities to choose from).

Quoting Orion737 (Reply 1):
I can also imagine BD cutting some of its regional services from LBA, certainly I dont think BD will expand at LBA as most destinations are covered by Jet2 and they are losing customers on the CDG route to Jet2.

BD seem to be holding their own on CDG, and do very well on the EDI and GLA routes. ORK and JER just don't seem to fit the mould though. Also, don't expect BD to become the airline "persuaded" to open the magical German service. Star Alliance big brother LH won't want anything to potentially dilute it's services from MAN, same goes for SK on any potential Scandinavian services, which is supposedly the reason BD announced, but never started, it's LBA-CPH service 3 or 4 years ago.
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos