will
Topic Author

America West B737-277's

Sat Feb 13, 1999 11:28 am

G'day All..
l have an old JP airline fleets book, and l was having a look at it when l came across Ansett's old B737-200's which America West now operate. The book now being 4 years old, l was just wondering if these aircraft are still with America West..The rego's are N178AW -> N189AW. Also if they are still around, is there any planned replcements.??
Many Thanks...
Will....

flyf15

RE: America West B737-277's

Sat Feb 13, 1999 11:35 am

Every single one of those aircraft are still in service.

CX747

Mon Feb 15, 1999 1:49 am

If my information is correct, the 737-200s will be phased out by the end of the year.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

Tue Feb 16, 1999 7:01 am

Hey there this isn't regarding the AmWest 737's. Acutally I may not be able to help with that, my Jp fleets list is even older. Thanks for the info on the L1011 smokey starts! I've flown on 3 of them now, all Delta's. I knew it was something to do with fuel flow etc. It does seem like a waste of fuel the way it just rolls out so profusely! However, something else comes to mind. I remember when British Airways was still flying their older 747-200s with the older RB211's but they never did what the L1011's engines do when they started. Just a different series of the same engine i suppose. I tell you though when you are down on the ground and one of those things is in the alley you feel it in your head and gut! Talk about audience participation! Thanks again!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos