Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Noah008
Topic Author

Concorde Flying Again In 2009?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:58 am

cam across this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4734799.stm

i searched to see if it was discussed on A.net, couldn't find that it was so i am interested if anyone has seen this article. is this still being proposed in government? i was under the imprestion England would keep one concorde in airworthyness, but this plan would reconstruct it to fly in 2009. thoughts on it?  Smile

cbphoto

RE: Concorde Flying Again In 2009?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:06 am

That would be amazing if Concorde could take to the skies again. It really was a symbol of British and French Pride. I wish them the best of luck, and hope the beauty can once again return to the skies!!

Poitin

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:09 am

Quoting CBPhoto (Reply 1):
That would be amazing if Concorde could take to the skies again. It really was a symbol of British and French Pride. I wish them the best of luck, and hope the beauty can once again return to the skies!!

I'll raise a pint to that!

superhub

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:21 am

Quoting CBPhoto (Reply 1):

If the Concorde takes the sky in the future, I hope engineers can make some technological modifications (eg. modernise cockpit instruments, less noisy engines) to the aircraft so to make it more efficient. Then it will be a beautiful relaunch.

aseem

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:28 am

somebody check if EK wants to buy a bunch. If so, they can give manufacturers some push. Big grin
cheers!!
VT-ASJ

jacobin777

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:31 am

I'll buy a ticket..thank you very much... biggrin 

actually, one of my biggest regrets was not flying on the Concorde back in 1999 when I had the opportunity to... hissyfit  crying 

Mir

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am

Where do I donate?

Quoting Superhub (Reply 3):
If the Concorde takes the sky in the future, I hope engineers can make some technological modifications (eg. modernise cockpit instruments, less noisy engines) to the aircraft so to make it more efficient. Then it will be a beautiful relaunch.

I say keep it the way it is. It probably won't see regular passenger service, and so would basically be a flying museumpiece. Modernizing the cockpit would detract from the historic value.

-Mir

DL4EVR

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:00 pm

But will the new Concorde have Buy on Board food? Buy on Board pillows? Plastic utensils? Plastic "glasses"? ...haha...just kidding  Smile

fbgdavidson

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:08 pm

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...EVER

Ross Mallett and his chums at Save Concorde are living in a dream world.

*Cue more detailed post from GDB*

GEEZ

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Less noisy engines???? Are you crazy?? Do you live under the LHR flightpath or something?!

The noisy engines are one of the many things that Concorde is/was known for! I think that should Concorde fly again (even though we ALL know deep down it will never happen), with less noisy engines, it would take some of the appeal away from her.

Chris  wave 

daron4000

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:57 pm

I for one really hope it flies again. I have this great DVD tribute of Concorde and I wish I could fly her again. I never understood why BA and AF grounded them, despite the crash?

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:01 pm

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 8):

*Cue more detailed post from GDB*

In 3... 2... 1.......

Quoting GEEZ (Reply 9):
with less noisy engines, it would take some of the appeal away from her.

Agreed

afconcorde1

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Quoting GEEZ (Reply 9):
Less noisy engines???? Are you crazy?? Do you live under the LHR flightpath or something?!

I think that one of the pinnacle features of Concorde is the blasting of the Rolls Royce Snecma turbojets. (Ahhh...) They had that unique sound that whenever I heard them, I knew that Concorde was on her way back home either to LHR or CDG.

superhub

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:20 pm

Quoting GEEZ (Reply 9):

The noisy engines are one of the many things that Concorde is/was known for! I think that should Concorde fly again (even though we ALL know deep down it will never happen), with less noisy engines, it would take some of the appeal away from her.

Yes I did live under the LHR flightpath for 5 years. The Concorde's noise didn't bother me one little bit, it just made me feel the aircraft was old and inefficient...just purely psychological

[Edited 2006-01-25 05:21:22]

lehpron

Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:19 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 6):
say keep it the way it is.

Quoting GEEZ (Reply 9):

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 11):
Quoting GEEZ (Reply 9):
with less noisy engines, it would take some of the appeal away from her.

Agreed

Quoting Afconcorde1 (Reply 12):
I think that one of the pinnacle features of Concorde is the blasting of the Rolls Royce Snecma turbojets. (Ahhh...)

You people are geeks! I get nauseated with loud noises, apart from never having seen Concorde, I'm glad I never had to hear it.

I think the least that could be done is upgrade her to Concorde B status.

Changing her wings slightly and her engines would give RR a prime opportunity to actually [re]desgin and built a supersonic engine for the modern era, I'm sure it would help the JAA/FAA on sonic engine regulations instead of being a sore thumb. It may give them an edge against Boeing when the market comes around, if anyone is stupid to wait for it...though I still think A380 came out early.

Making Concorde less noisy and giving more range and payload may allow her fly to more airports this time.

I do not give much for traditionalism if it means to sacrifice an opportunity to progress the aviation industry. While I do not think more Concordes will be built, I figure if Concorde gave an impression of progress in SST technology, the next one won't been seen as a "never happen" by the knowledgable ignorant people in here that are so sure...

EDIT: I'm sorry, I thought these people were truly interested in the future, they just want to make a mockery of the plane, British heritage my ass.

[Edited 2006-01-25 07:30:11]

LTU932

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:49 pm

I'd still like to see Concorde fly at least on special occasions again. Maybe not regular service or those occasional charters they used to do, but occasions like Coronation Day in Britain, a Presidential Inauguration or on France's National Holiday on July 14th, along with the Military planes, performing a fly-by. If it's feasable though, that's another issue.

TaromA380

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:20 pm

What about building a replica ? Not necessary a match2 frame, just a flying frame for special occasions. Composites, modern engines, glass cockpit ...

MEA-707

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:06 pm

hehehe, I think GDB has given up hope some posters here will understand the truth: the Concorde will NEVER fly again. Will cost in the hundreds of millions to make one airworthy again and have pilots, maintenance etc. trained for it and the paperwork in order. This amount of money will just not be spent by anyone. If it were 5 million, a museum or a pattriotic UK government who likes to have it flying for the Queens 60th jubileum and the Olympics or so could do it. But 300 million?? That's just a waste and even the biggest Concorde geeks here should agree the money can better be spend on something else.

afconcorde1

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:30 pm

I am not saying that Concorde was before its time (as others have) as I am a firm believer that everything happens for a definite reason; when it's suppose to happen. I am not saying that we should develop another SST that doesn't conform to the FAA regulations. I, along with some other folks in this forum I am sure would also like to see a rebirth of something SS whether it be Mach 2,3, or even something faster (e.g., a craft that will be able to fly nonstop JFK-MEL in less than 5 hours) one of these centuries that will be able to fly to many airports globe-wide. I DO believe something will be built and I hope that they do relaunch this project to improve the methods of SS travel.

If it's not feasible to make an engine that is quiet enough then I am not saying that it should be done anyways. Concorde was a project that, IMHO, was well developed and yes, I do believe that BA and AF and its customers not to mention the citizens of those countries (less alone the rest of the supporters of the project in the world) should have some pride in themselves for at least making the effort to do such a project despite the number of objections of other folks out there.

Quoting Lehpron (Reply 14):
You people are geeks! I get nauseated with loud noises, apart from never having seen Concorde, I'm glad I never had to hear it.

I respect your posts and your opinions, however, because some of us choose to have a special interest in this particular aircraft, especially those of us, who have had the merit of seeing it in person, if not traveling on it doesn't mean that you have to use your opinions in a personal way against our interests.

And by the way, I am damn proud to be a Concorde geek.

Regards,

Jeremy / Afconcorde1

gkirk

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:33 pm

It won't happen.
For one, BA won't sell them.
Secondly, Airbus won't support them.

afconcorde1

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 19):

Especially to Sir Richard...

EGTESkyGod

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:43 pm

Quoting Superhub (Reply 13):
The Concorde's

the Concorde

Please, No "the"!! Just Concorde!

Changing her wings slightly and her engines would give RR a prime opportunity to actually [re]desgin and built a supersonic engine for the modern era, I'm sure it would help the JAA/FAA on sonic engine regulations instead of being a sore thumb. It may give them an edge against Boeing when the market comes around, if anyone is stupid to wait for it...though I still think A380 came out early.

Do you have any idea how much that would cost? And to do it for one aircraft, not a fleet, just one aircraft? Especially as the parts needed are no longer manufactured (and would cost millions just to set that up again), the aircraft have all been de-commissioned, and Airbus WILL NOT BUDGE!! I initially believed the Save Concorde group, but having seen posts from GDB, they clearly know absolutely nothing about what they are drivelling on about. £14m is nowhere near enough! Treble it, then treble it again, then maybe you're getting nearer, but it's not going to happen.

No-one wants to see Concorde fly again more than me, but I've resigned to the fact it will NEVER happen.

I'm hoping and wishing a next generation SST will be developed, but it looks like that won't happen for a while either.

I would love to see Concorde fly again, I would be there come rain or shine, and if it happens, FANTASTIC!!! But it won't, sorry.

End of thread, I think.

afconcorde1

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Quoting EGTESkyGod (Reply 21):
End of thread, I think.

Sounds like a plan to me.

A340600

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:24 pm

That would take away part of the appeal.

As much as i'd love to see it take the skies again, it simply won't happen, full stop,

Sam

viv

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:34 pm

Quoting Noah008 (Thread starter):
thoughts on it?

I hope not. It would be a colossal waste of money.

Concorde was never a viable aircraft - too small, too noisy, too thirsty.

EGTESkyGod

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:39 pm

Quoting Viv (Reply 24):
I hope not. It would be a colossal waste of money.

Concorde was never a viable aircraft - too small, too noisy, too thirsty

Ooooooh!! Careful! Hardcore Concorde fanatics are in this thread!!

I don't want to see this thread turn into another debate about whether Concorde was successful or not, because the usual BS will get posted, so as I stated earlier: End of thread, I think

PS: Viv, I think you're in the minority who never want to see Concorde fly again. However, you've got your wish, because she won't.

viv

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:41 pm

Quoting EGTESkyGod (Reply 25):
Viv, I think you're in the minority who never want to see Concorde fly again

I agree. But the original poster asked for our thoughts, so I gave mine. Others may have different thoughts, that's fine with me.

lehpron

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:04 pm

Quoting Afconcorde1 (Reply 18):
because some of us choose to have a special interest in this particular aircraft, especially those of us

FYI, I've been into this plane for 20 years, in two semesters I'll be an aerospace engineer (be it rookie I have no intention of pushing buttons). My only interest is to make high-speed flight cheaper and quieter and I do not believe for a second that it has to be an expensive development. I probably have a greater faith in supersonics than anyone in here, I could be wrong. I have yet to find someone else pushing the idea, knowing full well, the consequences of saying it in an environment that expects conformity. Do not talk to me about special interest.

Quoting Afconcorde1 (Reply 18):
if not traveling on it doesn't mean that you have to use your opinions in a personal way against our interests.

Gimme a break dude, I'm a realist. I know the public does not like noise. Why bring Concorde back if she is going to be just as loud? That does not help anyone except a few selfish members on this forum and fans around the world.

Quoting EGTESkyGod (Reply 21):
Do you have any idea how much that would cost?

Yes I do, several billions; my point was that there is no point in bringing her back unless she is upgraded. Of course, I replied before I read the article, which was quite stupid on my part. Having realized they were not serious about commercial service, I withdrew.

Quit acting as if I honestly thought their endeavor was worth it.

bennett123

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:08 pm

It would be a fantastic idea, now let us look at the facts.

To get a worthwhile fleet of Concordes, you would need to scour the world and grab the planes back from their present owners. I see no basis for thinking that this would be feasible.

Consequently, I think that anything beyond having one for special flights is a pipedream. This would also knock on the head the ideas about updating the existing airframe.

If you are going to have a single plane, then some of the problems disappear. However bringing the plane, (possibly G-BOAF) to flying condition for £14M seems a trifle optimistic, let alone keeping her in a serviceable condition.

Temptress

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:16 pm

I dont think they are serious about anything, it aint gonna happen....

EGTESkyGod

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Quoting Lehpron (Reply 27):
Why bring Concorde back if she is going to be just as loud? That does not help anyone except a few selfish members on this forum and fans around the world

Because they are not talking about bringing her into regular service again!! She wouldn't be a daily occurence like she used to be.

Yes I do, several billions; my point was that there is no point in bringing her back unless she is upgraded.

Well, they were only talking about bringing her back for airshows and special events, so why spend millions upgrading a plane that will fly, at most, twice or three times a month.

Quit acting as if I honestly thought their endeavor was worth it.

Listen, there's no need to be quite so defensive. My post wasn't in any way aimed at you personally. It was stating the facts of why it wouldn't work, but I repeat, I would LOVE to see her fly again!

Now the discussion is getting a bit heated, so I really do think this is the time to end the thread.

FlySSC

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:05 pm

Here we go again ...   
Why in 2009 ? and not 2008 or 2010, or 2036 ???

This is just another illuminated politician...Not the first one and probably not the last one.
Who wouldn't like to see Concorde still in the air ?
If they think Concorde is so great, they should have mobilize well BEFORE BA & AF (and Airbus) took the decision of the retirement, and if it's just a National Pride question (whether French of British), their Government should have take the financial decisions to continue to support it, just as they took the decision to built it 40 years ago.

It won't just happen.

Concorde are in Museums, or slowly deteriorating under the rain, snow and wind...

The Concorde adventure has (sadly) ended.
She belongs to past History now.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © TZ Aviation
View Large View Medium

Photo © Bernard Charles

View Large View Medium

Photo © Miguel Cláudio
View Large View Medium

Photo © Gary Stewart

[Edited 2006-01-25 13:09:31]

RichardPrice

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Quoting Viv (Reply 24):
Concorde was never a viable aircraft - too small, too noisy, too thirsty.

Maybe it wasnt viable for holiday makers, but it was certainly viable as a prestige aircraft flying businessmen and VIPs - after all BA did make a profit on the flights.

Quoting Bennett123 (Reply 28):
To get a worthwhile fleet of Concordes, you would need to scour the world and grab the planes back from their present owners.

BA still owns its fleet, the aircraft are just loaned to their current display locations. Pretty sure AF own theirs as well.

viv

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:14 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 32):
BA did make a profit on the flights

Yes, but the aircraft never covered its development costs, because much fewer were sold than had been projected.

Temptress

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:24 pm

Yes BA still do own the fleet, unfortunate that without the support from Airbus let alone BA there is nothing that can be done.
BA have made it crystal clear that they are not interested in supporting a RTF in whatever shape or form, I fail to see what impact this group think they will possibly have in altering this desision,the Concorde Alliance Group (BA Concorde Pilots amongst them) that was set up before the grounding to explore a possible RTF/Heritage role, and which amounted to a resounding No its not viable...what has changed? the writing is on the wall...

Concorde should be allowed to rest....

For the record I have flown Concorde on more than one occasion, she is a remarkable Aircraft, more justice is being done in the Preservation of these aircraft around the country, than in flogging what is now a dead horse...

RichardPrice

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:35 pm

Quoting Viv (Reply 33):
Yes, but the aircraft never covered its development costs, because much fewer were sold than had been projected.

And? On the operational side, it turned a profit which makes the aircraft viable to operate. The development costs are an entirely seperate consideration.

AirWales

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:40 pm

I fear a beautiful dream but nothing more than that!

viv

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 35):
On the operational side, it turned a profit

I agree. The aircraft was commercially viable. So is the Channel Tunnel.

But neither Concorde nor the Channel Tunnel was/is economically viable.

Concorde, because the development costs were written off and effectively borne by French and British taxpayers. The Tunnel, because it is not making enough money to cover repayments on its loans. Thankfully, there was no government investment in the Tunnel, so taxpayers are not footing the bill. Tough on the shareholders though.

GEEZ

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:48 pm

Geeks? Grow up!

Having not seen Concorde, or indeed hearing it, I dont think you are in a position to criticize it.

As for getting nauseated by loud noises... I'd steer clear of eating a curry if I were you.

StarGoldLHR

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:17 pm

I heard the Duxford one might fly in 2012.

This isnt owned by BA.

And prelim work has been done including starting the engines.

Some taxing has already taken place.

And It will be converted to a double decker carrying 200 people.

Ryan air are interested in buying a dozen of them fitted with chains and peddles at every seat to allow passengers to participate in gathering speed down the runway.

Seriously Concorde will fly the day I swim the channel

GEEZ

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Quoting StarGoldLHR (Reply 39):
And It will be converted to a double decker carrying 200 people.

Ryan air are interested in buying a dozen of them fitted with chains and peddles at every seat to allow passengers to participate in gathering speed down the runway.

Seriously Concorde will fly the day I swim the channel

rotfl   rotfl 

vv701

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Quoting Afconcorde1 (Reply 20):
Quoting Gkirk (Reply 19):

Especially to Sir Richard...

Of course he only wanted the publicity, not Concorde. Otherwise . . .

He started by offering £1M then raised it to £5M but his offer included the aircraft and the LHR Concorde engineering base (that took two aircraft at a time). Branson had just had built a similar sized engineering base at LHR that takes one 747 - i.e. about the same size - for, I believe, around £20M. So why was his offer so cheap (in both senses of the word)?

He offered to buy BA's aircraft for £5M. The return trans-Atlantic fare was around £8,000. So he needed to fill just one and a quarter return flights to recover his proposed offer of £1M and could have recovered an outlay of £5M in less than a week with daily flights and 100 per cent load factors.

He offer to buy BA aircraft. If they had accepted his offer they would have also lost all their most valuable customers - the Concorde frequent fliers - that they could otherwise hope to retain as F class passengers. In itself gaining these passengers would have been worth an investment of many times £5M.

He did not offer to buy the AF Concordes because they were desperate to get rid of them as their load factors were as low as 20 per cent. So there was a real danger that AF would have accepted any Branson offer particularly as their loss of passengers to a LHR-JFK service would have be minimal.

His opening offer of £1M was derisory compared to the value of the BA Concorde fleet of £84M in the already published BA accounts for that year. As a business man he knew that the BA board of directors would have a lot of explaining to do to BA shareholders if they were to sell the fleet for a fraction of its book value. As it was the £84 M value went un-noticed by the popular British media.

Like Branson's offer of £5M, the figure of £15M to get Concorde flying again is ridiculously low. It would clearly cost more than that to provide the appropriate engineering facilities needed before any attempt to get Concorde back into the air could be started. Then there would be the cost of disassembling, transporting and reassembling a now un-airworthy aircraft from its current location to that engineering base. You are looking at spending tens of millions of pounds even before you start trying to get it back in the air.

It would appear that a certain British Liberal Democrat MP wants to be a popular folk hero just like a certain British businessman and is using a well tried and tested route to achieve it!

Sinlock

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:46 pm

Were Geeks???

Dude you have over 5600 posts on an Aviation Internet Massage Board!!! I think it's safe to call anyone that has a membership here a Geek to one extent on another.

Not to mention the fact that in your earlier days here you'd post images of the aircraft you designed in Microsoft Paint.

Temptress

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:46 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 41):
As it was the £84 M value went un-noticed by the popular British media.

Thanks for that, really does make for interesting reading...a well thought out post....

A380X4TRENT900

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:55 pm

Oh come on give me a break,you OLD people! Sound is one of the most amazing things were gifted with!

If you want no noise, go ahead, live your boring life

Nothing beats the sound of power/engineering quality of an engine that stir's the emotions and sends a shiver down your spine!

THAT is why the internal combustion engine is still used by the 99% of car manufacture's - because of the amazing noise it makes under full throttle pressure.

WE WERE GIVEN EARS FOR A REASON - GUYS!

EGTESkyGod

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:02 pm

Quoting StarGoldLHR (Reply 39):
I heard the Duxford one might fly in 2012.
This isnt owned by BA.
And prelim work has been done including starting the engines.
Some taxing has already taken place.

You actually had me going for a moment! I was about to ask why no media coverage. Ooops!

I think the least that could be done is upgrade her to Concorde B status.

Negative. Concorde 'B' would be a totally different aircraft, therefore new airframes being manufactured.

Making Concorde less noisy and giving more range and payload may allow her fly to more airports this time.

She wasn't going to be in service again if she came back, only airshows and the likes.

Quoting GEEZ (Reply 38):

Geeks? Grow up!

Having not seen Concorde, or indeed hearing it, I dont think you are in a position to criticize it.

Hear hear. Lephron, you cannot talk about what you do not know!!

Quoting GEEZ (Reply 38):
As for getting nauseated by loud noises... I'd steer clear of eating a curry if I were you.

laughing   laughing 

FlySSC

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:41 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 41):
He did not offer to buy the AF Concordes because they were desperate to get rid of them as their load factors were as low as 20 per cent. So there was a real danger that AF would have accepted any Branson offer particularly as their loss of passengers to a LHR-JFK service would have be minimal.

Completely wrong.

Actually, even before the accident in 2000 Branson contacted AF to rent 1 or 2 Concorde. They he proposed AF to buy some of them.

AF did not even take time to answer in propositions.

I think GDB could confirm you that !

Since 1976 AF & BA, though competitors, maintained always a close cooperation concerning Concorde.
From the very beginning, when it was understood that they would be the two sole operators of the Supersonic, they agreed that when Concorde operations would have to stop what whatever reason, it would be a common decision.

The idea to stop Concorde came to BA's mind and AF's mind several times, for various reasons all along those 25 years .... Everytime, one could convince the other part to continue the adventure ...

diesel1

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:08 am

Quoting Noah008 (Thread starter):
i searched to see if it was discussed on A.net, couldn't find that it was

In fact this BBC article has been discussed before.

A pretty bad tempered discussion that went way off topic so I won't post a link.

Forget the fantasies about Concorde flying again - it's not going to happen.

It's a museum piece, a relic now - concentrate on the future.

EGTESkyGod

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:24 am

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 47):
Forget the fantasies about Concorde flying again - it's not going to happen.
It's a museum piece, a relic now - concentrate on the future.

Correct, nicely put.

Ladies and Gentlemen (and those who aren't sure), I think that is the best way to end this discussion.

The moral?
Yes, it would be nice. No, it won't happen.

SAS330GOT

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:33 am

For you nay sayers!
What is the difference with having an old veteran like the Vampire or the Swedish J-29 "tunnan" flying?
It is the same thing. Concorde will fly again, never in full service. But it will be flying like many of the old veterans we can see in the sky today.

There are still A-fords driving around in its original. There are old original Ferrari's that are still driving and it is the same thing. People are going to be Concorde specialists. There are still blueprints of every single part made for her. She will fly maybe for only short times, she will go super sonic again. But it is going to be under the ownership of a private person or a group. It have not been long enough for everyone to understand this.

Another example is that we can go to a Air show and see an old DC-3 or a B-17, Lancaster, etc. fly. She is a veteran now, she will fly but not everyday and not under revenue flights. Who ever owns her need to have a mountain of cash to keep those tanks filled but it will happen out of love for an icon.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos