Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

simairlinenet
Topic Author

Air Canada Service To NGO Canceled?

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:21 am

After consulting my Star Alliance timetable, I have found that Air Canada has canceled service to Nagoya no later than October 28.

It seems as though there are no more flights operated by Air Canada to NGO. Can anyone confirm that they have ceased service?

Thanks.

[Edited 2006-01-30 03:22:41]

centrair

RE: Air Canada Service To NGO Canceled?

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:16 pm

This route has come and gone over the past years

September 14, 2002 (old NGO)
Air Canada will suspend the operation between Nagoya and Vancouver, Canada from October 28 until next spring.

February 1, 2003 (old NGO)
From March 2, Air Canada will resume the route between Nagoya and Vancouver,Canada. This flight will be operated daily except for Monday and Wednesday and will be operated on Boeing767-300ER.

March 26, 2003 (old NGO)
Until the end of April, Air Canada will suspend the route between Nagoya and Vancouver,Canada due to the war on Iraq

May 12, 2003 (old NGO)
Air Canada extends the suspension of the route between Nagoya and Vancouver,Canada until October.

December 28,2003 (old NGO)
From April 29,2004,Air Canada will resume the route between Nagoya and Vancouver. Air Canada will operate every Monday,Wednesday,Friday,Saturday,and Sunday from Nagoya and every Tuesday, Thursday,Friday,Saturday,and Sunday from Vancouver.

NGO Staff/fan homepage

I could come back in the spring again or something like that. Canada needs better connecting service for it to work. It connects with ANA well, but not with other Star Alliance partners. Also the demand is limited and you can't just put your money on people skiing in the Canadian Rockies or seeing the Aurora Borealis. I would not be surprised if it get permanently suspended when NH starts NGO-SEA (rumored for October 2006).
My name is Centrair but HND is closer. Let's Japanese Aviation!

FLYACYYZ

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Just checked internally on AC's RESIII system. No flights have been loaded at this point, but as always, certainly subject to change.
Above and Beyond

TonyBurr

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:21 pm

Do you think that UA's new service SFO-NGO contributed to this?

Dreamflight767

Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:09 pm

Isn't JAL canceling service from NGO to LAX too? If this is correct, what's going on with this new airport?

Trvlr

Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:48 pm

Quoting Dreamflight767 (Reply 4):

JAL canceled NGO-LAX a while ago, long before the opening of the new airport. I believe the consensus is still that NGO will still receive a large increase in service as a result of the new airport.

Aaron G.

centrair

Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Isn't JAL canceling service from NGO to LAX too?

Canceled around 2001.

Quoting Trvlr (Reply 5):
I believe the consensus is still that NGO will still receive a large increase in service as a result of the new airport.

This is true. Though we lost AA and AC is ..who knows what, we have had increased service from NW (GUM), UA (SFO & TPE), LH (1x Daily), CX (4 daily), and in June addition of EK and Finnair.

NGO's management is still looking for a carrier to offer service to the east coast of the U.S. or at least one to creat more competition and lower fares.

fly2yyz

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:30 am

Quoting Centrair (Reply 1):
Canada needs better connecting service for it to work. It connects with ANA well, but not with other Star Alliance partners

I completely agree with this! When I worked at an AC affiliate, it was hard to have passengers connecting through NRT and HKG either because the flights were completely full, taxes were steep etc. Flying though other AC destinations were a hassle like ICN and China. NGO could be a better connecting airport for Canadians. It could provide connecting opportunities throughout Southeast Asia via *A carriers.

B742

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:33 am

Your probably thinking of KIX-LAX, which JAL is dropping  Smile

I wish NGO would get more service from Europe  Smile

Rob!  wave 

sebring

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:54 am

AC has a severe shortage of aircraft, and some crew shortages, because of the Boeing deal and refurbishing of the intl fleet that will begin this summer and gain momentum next winter. It is not adding any widebodies this year, while launching Toronto-Shanghai service. I suspect that AC will treat NGO as seasonal until it has several 777s in service, and even then might choose to wait until the 787-800s are available before attempting year-round service.

ZK-NBT

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm

Air NZ are dropping NGO now aswell. Another loss for the new airport.

centrair

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:59 pm

Quoting B742 (Reply 8):
I wish NGO would get more service from Europe

We now have:
NGO-FRA Daily on LH
NGO-CDG Daily on JL/AF
and in June we will have
NGO-HEL 3 weekly on Finnair
NGO-DXB 3 weekly increasing to daily on EK

Austrian and KLM were considering NGO last spring but nothing came out of it. KLM ended up as JL/AF codeshare via CDG. Star, Skyteam and Oneworld are all covered at NGO with that.

Quoting Fly2YYZ (Reply 7):
I completely agree with this! When I worked at an AC affiliate, it was hard to have passengers connecting through NRT and HKG either because the flights were completely full, taxes were steep etc. Flying though other AC destinations were a hassle like ICN and China. NGO could be a better connecting airport for Canadians. It could provide connecting opportunities throughout Southeast Asia via *A carriers.

You bring up some good points. Connecting through to the domestic market currenly is best at NGO out of all the Japanese airports...that is until June when all star alliance will move to T1 at NRT. But even then the NH domestic market is fractured as much of their domestic ops are out of HND.

When the fleet is renewed and AC has built up their U.S. network, NGO will be back on the table.

Dreamflight767

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:28 pm

Quoting B742 (Reply 8):

Your probably thinking of KIX-LAX, which JAL is dropping

I wish NGO would get more service from Europe

Rob!

Yep, you are right. I remember a forum about JL cut backs. I thought it was NGO. I'm surprised about that KIX move though. Who offers service between LAX and KIX now? I don't think UAL or ANA do, could be wrong though.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos