Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JasYHZ
Topic Author

Confirm A Rumor! CanJet Has A 737-300?

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:52 am

Hi Everyone,

A local CanJet employee told me that they now have an ex-Delta 737-300 in their fleet as a spare aircraft in addition to their 9 737-500's.

With their own flights PLUS all the charter work they're doing with Canadian charter companies for the winter season, their flexibilily is stretched pretty thin. If one aircraft takes any sort of a delay, their whole schedule is affected for days.

He said it was going to be maily used on Canadian flights (YHZ,YYT,YYZ, YOW, YUL). Can anyone confirm this? Is there somewhere I can check an aircraft register to see what's been registered to CanJet?

Thx, JasYHZ
"That's it! You just made the list!"

visityyj

RE: Confirm A Rumor! CanJet Has A 737-300?

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:07 am

Quoting JasYHZ (Thread starter):
Can anyone confirm this? Is there somewhere I can check an aircraft register to see what's been registered to CanJet?

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/activep...s/ccarcs/en/default_e.asp?x_lang=e

No 737-300s on the Canadian Register at all ! Could be leased and retaining its N-number though.

Falcon Flyer

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:00 am

No rumor, there was a thread about this several weeks ago. It doesn't come up on the search function for some reason, though. The airplane was reportedly in MEX preparing for delivery and, IIRC, it in fact did carry a US registration. Maybe ghost77 can update us.
My definition of cool ? Not trying so hard to be cool.

yyz717

Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:19 am

This was discussed a while back.

MSN 23970, 737-35B (ex-DL) is under going mx in MEX and is due for Canjet. According to Aviation Letter, delivery was planned for January.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

JasYHZ
Topic Author

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:01 am

Thanks everyone!

We haven't seen a -300 here in YHZ in a LONG time - maybe if ever?
"That's it! You just made the list!"

wedgetail737

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm sure Canadian Pacific flew to YHZ with 737-300's when they had them back in the late 1980's.

ghost77

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:32 am

Here's some more info:
RE: CanJet B737-300? (by Ghost77 Jan 21 2006 in Civil Aviation)

Last thing I knew was that aircraft was delayed for 2 weeks. Perhaps CanJet has already taken delivery or if not, they soon will! Just a matter of time to see it's first B733 in fleet.

ghost77 APM

dforce1

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:01 am

Straying off topic slightly, how is CanJet doing financially? I still can't see how they are surviving up against WJ and AC. I mean, they don't offer complimentary non-alcoholic beverages on board except for tea and coffee and do they have any in flight entertainment? With so few services and fares not that much better than their competitors, how can they compete? What is CanJet's competitive advantage?

CXH

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:11 am

Quoting DFORCE1 (Reply 7):
Straying off topic slightly, how is CanJet doing financially? I still can't see how they are surviving up against WJ and AC. I mean, they don't offer complimentary non-alcoholic beverages on board except for tea and coffee and do they have any in flight entertainment? With so few services and fares not that much better than their competitors, how can they compete? What is CanJet's competitive advantage?

If I still lived "down east" I might have a better answer, but based a few trips back, CanJet is considered the home town airline both in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland (not sure about PEI or NB). A lot of people like them and most flights are short, so an IFE is not a big issue.

They also have a lots of flights and pairings where AC is their only compeitor. WS is a johnny-come-lately in Atlantic Canada. I know WS has had a decent presence in YHZ for a while, but outside of that they are sparse.

For example: Up until April 2005 (give or take a month), they had 4x weekly flights into YYT (via YHZ?) and 3x weekly to Gander. They then consolidated that into daily flights into YYT via YHZ, and only added double daily to YYT over the winter. A YYZ-YYT daily non-stop is planned for this summer.

With only one or two flights a day to YYZ, both via YHZ, WS isn't popular among business travellers or those making connections beyond YYZ. So in Atlantic Canada, until recently, it wasn't a case of choose AC or WS, it was a case of choose AC or CanJet.
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry

visityyj

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:45 am

C-FHGE (23970) registered TODAY !

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos