Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jsposaune
Topic Author

Hourly Use Lockers At LHR?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:13 am

Hello,

I will be transiting through LHR in a couple of weeks with carry on luggage only, and was wondering if there are any rental lockers to be had anywhere at LHR. I have 8+ hours there, and want to go do some sightseeing before my next flight.

I know generally in the US, lockers were taken out of airports after 9/11, but I did notice that they are back up and running at McCarran the other day. What about the UK?

Thanks!

pilot kaz

RE: Hourly Use Lockers At LHR?

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:17 am

Quoting Jsposaune (Thread starter):
I will be transiting through LHR in a couple of weeks with carry on luggage only, and was wondering if there are any rental lockers to be had anywhere at LHR.

nope, I'm afraid not,

PanAm747

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:42 am

I believe lockers in Great Britain have been gone longer than they have in the United States - during the time of the IRA and the bombings that went on, Britain removed most of the things that could have held bombs, such as lockers and even trash cans.

I hope that trash cans have returned!!

deltagator

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:09 am

They don't have lockers at LHR but there is a left luggage facility. I've only flown through LHR on VS so I really only know Terminal 3. Check out the BAA website for LHR and it will give you info on where the left luggage facilities are located in the various terminals. I was going to use them once when I had a daytime layover in London on my way to Delhi but I ended up getting to LHR a day earlier since I had to leave town before Hurricane Ivan so I got a hotel instead. They do exist though for just your scenario.

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 2):
I hope that trash cans have returned!!

Not in central London at least. Perhaps they are back in the outlying areas but they are still missing from the core downtown. The little lady and I made the mistake of walking out of Starbucks with our cups of coffee and then couldn't find a place to throw them away for about an hour after we were done drinking them.

ANother

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:29 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 3):
so I really only know Terminal 3.

There is one in t4 as well. Turn right when you come out of the customs hall - it's along the end wall (just before the BA arrivals lounge). They will put your bag through an x-ray first.

jsposaune
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 3):
They do exist though for just your scenario.

Perfect!! Thanks for the help!

Door5Right

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:48 am

OFF THE LHR BAA WEBSITE:
Each terminal has a left baggage facility for storing luggage for a number of hours or days. Items are security checked. Left baggage offices also offer competitive unaccompanied baggage rates and services and sell luggage and travel accessories. Charges are £5.50 per item per day (or part thereof). The service is operated by the Excess Baggage Company, who can be contacted on +44 (0)20 8745 4599. Opening times are:

Terminal 1 (06:00-23:00)
Terminal 2 (06:00-22:30)
Terminal 3 (05:30-22:30)
Terminal 4 (05:30-23:00)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos