SA7700
Topic Author

Strange Visitors To Your Home Airports?

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:58 am

This evening I went out to BFN (Bloemfontein Airport, South Africa) to pick up my dad, who was coming in from DUR and my sister arriving from JNB. To my surprise I found an Ilyushin Il-86 (tail number RA-86142) parked on the apron.

For anyone who is familiar with our "little" airport, we see numerous DH8's, CRJ's and J41's on a daily basis. SA also use the airport on a regular basis to do exercise landings-and take offs with B744's, B738's and all the Airbuses in their fleet.

However, it is always a surprise to see an "unfamiliar" tail like Jordan Aviation, KL, BA or in this case a Russian Sky tail on the apron. Any likewise experiences?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dmitriy Pichugin
View Large View Medium

Photo © Dmitriy Pichugin

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

A319XFW

RE: Strange Visitors To Your Home Airports?

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 am

HAM does get some wierd and wonderful aircraft due to LHT being there (if you'd call A340 VIP's , 777VIP's and 747SP etc wierd! But at least not the norm).

As the usual scheduled flights are mostly with 737's, CRJ's or A320's. Then a sprinkling of Tu-154's to Moscow (you can always tell that one even from as far as XFW when it flies close - even without looking at it!), the CO 757 and in summer the Air Transat A310.

steeler83

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:06 am

Years ago, I remember seeing a DC9 at AGC, considering that the largest airplane that flies out of there is typically a corporate air lear jet. I thought I saw another larger plane there about 5 years ago, a 737, but I was on Lebanon Church Rd and the plane was behind a hanger on the tarmac. I wonder what the largest plane was that landed at Allegheny County...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

egmcman

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:10 am

SEN gets lots because of engineering and repainting business's we get 707's, 727's, 737's, 757's and a few Airbus NB's from various parts of the world.

steeler83

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:15 am

I just thought of another strange airplane at MDW just a few years ago, a plane white 747 while on an Amtrak train going from Lancaster to Pittsburgh. I wonder if anyone would have an idea as to who operates that jumbo... I know that the runway is plenty long enough (over 10k feet), but the airlines that serve the airport do not fly the 747, at least out of there...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

sstsomeday

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:24 am

When I was in high school and YOW was still a rather small airport, serving mostly YUL and YYZ, AC would use it for 747 training; touch-and-goes, etc.

So I remember seeing this huge (and relatively novel at the time) aircraft flying low and executing turns, climbs etc. in Ottawa airspace, where it would otherwise never be amongst the few AC Vickers Viscounts and DC9s, and CP 737 classics.

More recently, I saw a Lockheed C5A land at LAX a few years ago. Quite a surprise. You know you are an enthusiast when you get all excited about a plane landing and nobody around you "gets it."
I come in peace

jeffry747

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:22 am

Just last Monday, my home airport SDF got a rare visitor in the form of an Antonov An-124 Ruslan.

Our passenger ops consist of mainly WN, and all the other major domestic carriers running regional jets. DL brings us a few daily MD-80s and 737s. So it's a real treat when a pax carrier sneaks in a widebody. So far I have sighted a CO 777, DL 763, AA 762, NW DC-10, and a UAL 757.

During the Kentucky Derby Saudi royalty will bring us a 747SP or a 762.
C'mon Big B, FLY!

PanAm747

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:31 am

View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard Barsby - Aviation Photography CYEG
View Large View Medium

Photo © Michael Fritz

This type of beauty flew very low over my school where I teach last week on a repositioning flight from North Island Naval Air Station to Miramar Marine Corps Air Base.

I also saw one at SAN while coming down Pacific Highway south from north of the airport - I nearly drove off the road seeing it sitting on the cargo side of the airport close enough almost to touch!!  eyepopping 

I wonder how much weight it could take on at SAN...would it have to have been flown out completely empty? What are the take-off characteristics?
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

777klm

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:31 am

A QF 744 at AMS! last saturday
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK

leothedog

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:59 am

A few years back I was hitting balls at the driving range in El Dorado Hills when an Antonov An-124 came right over in front of us on final approach into Mather Field.

Last spring I saw the 1st 777-200LR twice doing the same thing (heading into Mather, not hitting golf balls).
I've got things to see and people to do.

Chiguire

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:09 am

Surprising to see in CCS:

Iran Air

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Orlando Suarez
MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Orlando Suarez

Aerocaribbean

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Orlando Suarez

Iberworld

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Jesus farias

PLUNA

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Orlando Suarez

Icelandair

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Orlando Suarez

gunsontheroof

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:11 am

A couple years ago I caught an An-124 on approach to SEA while driving down I-5, I almost ran off the road. Even my aviation-indifferent friend was impressed by it. It seems like most of the unusual stuff at SEA is in the form of obscure cargo carriers making occassional visits or regular airlines making aircraft substitutions.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

View Large View Medium

Photo © Kevin Trinkle - Cactus Wings

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

As for BFI and PAE, sometimes it seems like half of their traffic on any given day is strange and unusual...
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

CRJonBeez

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 am

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 7):
I nearly drove off the road seeing it sitting on the cargo side of the airport close enough almost to touch!! eyepopping

rotfl 
two weeks ago i was in chicago right next door to ORD for the international bike show and as we were leaving, an Atlas 747 brushed overhead....i tell ya what, i would be a MUCH better driver if i didn't have my moonroof to distract me!

the same happened just yesterday on Cicero and 55 (a la WN accident 12/05) when an ATA 738 seemed to just skim over the top of the lightposts beyond the security fencing. i should have brought my camera and i forgot  banghead 

RC135U

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:25 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 4):
I just thought of another strange airplane at MDW just a few years ago, a plane white 747 while on an Amtrak train going from Lancaster to Pittsburgh.

You had me going there for a sec, as I thought of how a 747 got into Chicago Midway(MDW). Harrisburg (MDT) has/had that 747SP which I believe was owned by a religious or philanthropic organization.

UPS707

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting Leothedog (Reply 9):
A few years back I was hitting balls at the driving range in El Dorado Hills when an Antonov An-124 came right over in front of us on final approach into Mather Field.

Last spring I saw the 1st 777-200LR twice doing the same thing (heading into Mather, not hitting golf balls).

I have a few pictures of the 200LR at MHR from last year. It was cool seeing it around there. Also, the AN-124 has been back in the last 6 months although I didn't get out to see it. Another fun one I got to see last year out there was the Omega B707 tanker (N707AR). Got quite a few shots of that one while it was around. MHR seems to get quite a bit of action for a smaller lesser used field. Makes life kind of fun around here!

chrisnh

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:55 am

A couple years ago Icelandair brought one of their 757s--TF-FIN, to be exact--here to Manchester, NH for parking purposes. The plane was serving Boston-Caribbean charters and either Massport wanted too much $$$ from Icelandair to park their plane (big surprise there), or there was no spot to park it for the five days between runs.

So, TF-FIN spent a lot of time up here at MHT!

Chris in NH

YYZflyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:07 am

On July 15 2005 I saw a QF Dehavilland at YYZ in the background of one of my pictures-livery was on it too ; it was probably being shipped to Australia .
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

PurdueAv2003

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:20 am

Here at PIT a couple weeks ago we received an Atlas 747 and an Emirates 747 operated by Atlas due to the storm on the East Coast. I've also seen an AN-124 over at the FBO. I think it was either picking up or dropping off an engine for US maintenance, which has several hangars next to the FBO.
Ptu = Ftu X Anet (not to be confused with a.net)

United_fan

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:52 am

In ROC,some oddballs:
AA 757 (Wegmans food market charter)
Air Force 1 (747 with GW)
Arrow DC-8
Ryan 732 charters
DL 763 (CLE browns charter for BUF bills)
Connie L1011
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"

piercey

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Anything with 2 aisles? In CLE???? Quick, get the camera!
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

texan

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:21 pm

At DAL we take care of the majority of sports charters coming into town, so we see YX 717s, AC A320s, a NW 757 every now and then, various other charters. Last Tuesday night there was a 707-330 on the ramp! It went nonstop from DAL to Agadir, Morocco, departing at 0030 local on Wednesday morning.

Biggest surprise was on a Saturday last spring, nothing going on at the airfield when all of a sudden a shadow came over the facility. Looked outside and a Saudi 747-400 landed! Checked flight tracker and it was one of 8 Saudi airplanes headed our way! Another 744, a few BBJs, a couple Gulfstreams, and a Challenger 604. That was a very interesting week! Air Force One was also in town to greet them.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

aircanada333

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:40 pm

It is not my home airport but one day an AC 744 did some touch and go into CYVO, a very small airport with a 9995 feet runway. You should look the shots of this airport on airliners so that you can really see how small it is.

Here's the video of the 744 doing touch and go:
http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=1982

Enjoy the video!

Benjamin wave 
De-icing RULZ!!!

katanapilot

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 pm

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter Tsagaris - CYOW Airport Watch

View Large View Medium

Photo © John Davies - CYOW Airport Watch

View Large View Medium

Almost all of YOW's strange visitors, like these 777's, are brought by foreign leaders. (The PM of Vietnam for the first one, and the PM of Vietnam for the last one). The speedbird was a diversion, though. I would LOVE to see a 777 at YOW!

View Large View Medium

Antonov in Ottawa?! I missed that too ha ha.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Peter Tsagaris - CYOW Airport Watch

Another government flight, an Ilyushin, from Russia.

We have also received Air Force One as a 747 a number of times, and an Air China 747 outfitted for the government.

airbazar

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:21 am

Saw a KLM 744 at BOS 2 Summers ago. Very nice surprise. KLM 747 In BOS Tonight. (by Airbazar Jul 26 2004 in Civil Aviation)

View Large View Medium

Photo © Anthony Cheng - HKAEC

gearup380

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:42 am

Due to bad weather in CDG this one came as a surprise to my home airport STR.

View Large View Medium

Photo © JetPix

Excess baggage? Oh come on...

SmithAir747

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:51 am

At my hometown airport FWA, we do not see many strange visitors. All we get is Kitty Hawk freighters and regional jets. But I know there have been some.

The only strange visitor I have seen at FWA was an ATA 757 doing touch-and-goes on runway 5, back in the summer of 1998 or 1999.

Perhaps AndrewUber or someone else familiar with FWA can enlighten me on other strange visitors to FWA!

Perhaps the strangest visitor to FWA was the report of a UFO over Fort Wayne, IN, on 10 October 2004 (which I recently discovered on Google); this happened soon after I moved from Fort Wayne to London to start my studies at KCL. So I didn't see it myself or hear about it until recently. This caused quite a sensation in the Fort Wayne area newspapers, local media, US national media, and even in Russian news media, too! How come I only recently discovered this one?

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

STARalliance24

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:04 am

Montreal (YUL) has had a couple of surprising aircrafts!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mathieu Pouliot
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mathieu Pouliot

View Large View Medium

Photo © Youri Thonon - Contrails Aviation Photography
View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mathieu Pouliot
View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Photo © Alex G.-Denicourt - Contrails Aviation Photography
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mathieu Pouliot

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mathieu Pouliot
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mathieu Pouliot

Bryan  wave 

steeler83

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:54 am

Quoting RC135U (Reply 13):
You had me going there for a sec, as I thought of how a 747 got into Chicago Midway(MDW).

Yeah, that would be a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaallly tight squeeze; impossible... Sometimes I get MDW mixed up with MDT tho myself...

Quoting PurdueAv2003 (Reply 17):
Here at PIT a couple weeks ago we received an Atlas 747 and an Emirates 747 operated by Atlas due to the storm on the East Coast.

Really?? I'll be damned... I haven't seen a jumbo there in ten years, when BA had an operation there! Both were unusual. Atlas/Emirates AND both being jumbos...  scratchchin 

FlyDeltaJets

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:02 am

Yesterday we had and XPress Air 737-800 at JFK I cant rember the reg but it started with G so I know it was from the UK.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

TUGMASTER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:12 am

Once at LHR we had a really really "STRANGE" visitor..

JACKIE STALLONE

Wow!

rgds

TUGMASTER

Nlspot2004

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:52 am

Some strange visitors at Amsterdam

Spicejet 737-800
http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=89414

Qantas link Dhc8-400
http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=71615

Nationwide 767-300
http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=73083

EX-044 L1011 N/t
http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=72335

And a strange visitor at Tokyo Narita airport in 2004.

HB-IJU A320 Swiss Sun
http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=66134

Aviacentre

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:08 am

A few years ago a JAL 744 diverted to Fargo, North Dakota, due to weather in Chicago. Spielberg and Dicaprio also stopped by on a customs check comming back from Europe in a 737 during the filming of Catch Me If You Can. Unforunately I wasn't able to see either of 'em, but I'd say those are rarities for Fargo.
Proud Graduate of UND Aerospace

keego

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:43 am

Nothing to do with my home airport but worth a post. I remember many years ago the USS-JFK aircraft carrier was visiting Dublin. I was in my back garden about 5 or 6 miles from the coast and I heard a loud noise getting closer and closer & to my amazement a formation of (i think it was) 5 F14 Tomcats & 2 Hawkeye's flew over my head at about 600 or 700 feet. I was told later that day that they were practicing for a demo they were doing the following day over Dublin Bay.

[Edited 2006-02-27 19:45:50]

julesmusician

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:17 am

Nicholas Cage popped into Bristol airport UK this week, and even signed a tree that was threatning to be cut down to make way for a superstore. Lots of people tried to catch sight of him, but the door was turned away from the fence and towards the airport building....

Quote:
Cage, 42, touched down in Bristol in his £30 million jet - initialled NC - before the property hunt near the Somerset town.
African Civil Aviation Commission president "You don't want to fly out as a passenger and come back as cargo."

RL757PVD

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 am

When i worked at DAB we had:

NW 747
NW 757 (2)
FL 717
YX MD88
Primarus 757
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

757MDE

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:00 am

Shameless self-plug

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Andrés Ramírez
MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Andrés Ramírez

The sexy Russians

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Juan Manuel Fonseca

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andrés Dallimonti Restrepo
View Large View Medium

Photo © Andrés Dallimonti Restrepo

If, for example, you came at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to have existential angst because you nag as hell. www.alpharamirez.com

nzrich

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:40 pm

At CHC Christchurch New Zealand
we have had a few interesting ones like Uzbekistan Airways 757-200 we see this one quite often ..Its very unusual to see either a european western or european carrier here or a 757 ..
Also seen a Vietnam Airlines 777 200ER
"Pride of the pacific"

ZK-NBT

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Quoting Nzrich (Reply 36):
we have had a few interesting ones like Uzbekistan Airways 757-200

I think you will find that was a 763.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Graham Weatherby
View Large View Medium

Photo © Torin Wilson

deltairlines

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:47 pm

GSO, thanks to the Timco base here, always gets a good amount of rare visitors. Off the top of my head:

-Delta 777s (I've seen about 4 here when they were getting the overhead rest area put in)
-Austrian 767-300
-Alitalia 767-300 (seen a few of them)
-Icelandair 757
-Varig 767-300
-Continental 737/757s getting winglets put on (CO only serves us with ERJs)
-United 757s/767s/777s (UA sends in RJs, 737s and the rare Airbus)

There are more, it's just 2:45 a.m. and I think I'll head to bed now instead of trying to remember planes that have come into GSO.

Jeff

ZK-NBT

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:34 pm

AKL does get quite a few Biz Jets in the NZ summer. And the odd large royal visitor like the Bahrain 747SP last year. AN124's can be frequent at times to though, there havn't been any for a while.

scallar

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:49 pm

Some rare visitors at my homebase, MMX:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mats Lundberg
View Large View Medium

Photo © Alexander Jonsson

View Large View Medium

Photo © Johan Kellerman
View Large View Medium

Photo © Johan Kellerman

LTU932

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Here are a few curious visitors to SJO:

Colombian Air Force F-28
USAF C-17
USAF C-130 (BTW, is that a Song 757 in the hangar?)
USAF BBJ
USAF C-141
Aerogal 737-200
AR 747-200 (Presidential Charter)
CO 757-300, ship 856

USAF C-5:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andre Quiros
View Large View Medium

Photo © Diego Alonso Romero Alvarado - SJO Spotter

Colombian Air Force BBJ:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Diego Alonso Romero Alvarado

Spanish Air Force A310:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Diego Alonso Romero Alvarado - SJO Spotter

KE 747 (Charter for the Korean President, who came to a state visit to Costa Rica):

View Large View Medium

Photo © Tomas Cubero Maingot - SJO Spotter
View Large View Medium

Photo © Daniel Umaña

US Commerce Department WP-3D:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andrés Meneses - SJO Spotter

AQ 737-200:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Dario Crusafon - Iberian Spotters

And the best for last: AF Concorde!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andre Quiros

Sorry for the long post, but aircraft that are not the usual TA, CM, AA, US, CO, DL, HP, IB, NM and DE and not from the common cargo companies (e.g. Tradewinds, MP and ER) are rare. We are most likely also one of the few airports in the world that has seen wingletted 757s from all operators except FI, one of them even a private 757. Though curiously, even though we rarely get 747 service to SJO, only from Tradewinds Cargo and once a very long time ago thanks to PA, the A346 is a regular. Big grin

**hopes for a visit by an A380 and 747-8 soon**
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

FlyDeltaJets

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:24 am

Oh yeah at JFK we had the DL 777 a few times. THats pretty strange (unless its olympic time)
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

yellowtail

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:47 am

Here in BZE we get USairforce C-17's and C-130 on all kinds of late evening early morning "hush hush" arrival and departures.

We also get RAF Hercules bringing cans of Guiness, Fosters and English Sausages for the chaps on "R&R". The lads come on weekly VC-10s

We also get the Cubana Tupolev (not sure what model) charters.

We had a China Airlines A340 last year which came with for Taiwanese PM's state visit. Don't know how that thing got of the end of the runway..it was even taller that the terminal!

Twice we have had the Royal Flight BAE-146's and once a BA L1011 with the Queen.

And a couple of times, we had a CO DC10, moving passengers stranded when flights were cancelled due to hurricane threats.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

PRGLY

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:08 am

Very strange and according me not very much welcomed (not only aviation wise) visitor arrived today to PRG - Mr. Putin with his IL96 and couple of IL62 and some IL76 - for a state visit
just fly - it is nice

N405MX

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:39 am

Here in MTY/MMMY some rare visitors:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Logan Sánchez Ontiveros

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jochen Weisflog
View Large View Medium

Photo © Paul Jongeneelen

But these guy was very common about a month ago, as we had 5 in one week, 2 together in 1 day.

MyAviation.net photo:
MyAviation.net photo:

These are more rare:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Torin Wilson
View Large View Medium

Photo © Carl Hendriks

View Large View Medium

Photo © Weimeng

There was a 707 time ago, and one Antonov AN-12.
Right now there´s an Air Canada A320 at the remote aprons, hope to get a shot later.
Regards
Life is what happens when you have other plans.....

don81603

Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:15 am

Quoting Aviacentre (Reply 31):
A few years ago a JAL 744 diverted to Fargo, North Dakota, due to weather in Chicago.

I didn't think FAR was large enough to handle a 744. I drive by it on a regular basis, and it doesn't look to have the runway length. Wouldn't MSP be a better diversion field with it's ability to handle a 744? For that matter, YWG can handle a 744, but I'd expect some customs and immigration issues.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

vhqpa

Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:10 pm

Well at Brisbane Alliance Airlines has a few Fokker 100 parked around their hanger still wearing full US colours

View Large View Medium

Photo © Michael Dawson
View Large View Medium

Photo © Paul Hill

View Large View Medium

Photo © Paul Hill

we also get these from time to time

View Large View Medium

Photo © Darren Howie

Jason

[Edited 2006-03-03 14:15:22]
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

SA7700
Topic Author

Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting SA7700 (Thread starter):
For anyone who is familiar with our "little" airport, we see numerous DH8's, CRJ's and J41's on a daily basis. SA also use the airport on a regular basis to do exercise landings-and take offs with B744's, B738's and all the Airbuses in their fleet.

Aahh. I totally forgot about the fleet of South African Air Force "Rooivalk" Attack Helicopters (part of No 16 Squadron), which is now located at Bloemspruit Air Force Base, just across from the main runway and airport terminal at BFN (Bloemfontein).

View Large View Medium

Photo © Okkert Brits
View Large View Medium

Photo © Fanie Kleynhans

View Large View Medium

Photo © Vivian A Watts
View Large View Medium

Photo © Vivian A Watts

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

nzrich

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:03 pm

Quoting ZK-NBT (Reply 37):
Quoting Nzrich (Reply 36):we have had a few interesting ones like Uzbekistan Airways 757-200
I think you will find that was a 763.

Yeah i have seen the 763 ..Ive crewed the nz 763 many times im pretty sure it was a 757 but it wasnt recently so i could be wrong
[Edited 2006-03-04 10:05:27]

[Edited 2006-03-04 10:10:05]
"Pride of the pacific"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos