Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mkeflyer717
Topic Author

MKE Concourse C Expansion?!?!?!?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:29 pm

After refreshing the page several times in disbelief it finally appears the hammerhead on concourse C is going to be built for sure!!!! take a look for yourself http://www.mitchellairport.com/terminal.html I wonder when its going to be done, I haven't heard much about it. Anybody have more details?Should be interesting so who takes the 8 new gates. Big grin

Indy

RE: MKE Concourse C Expansion?!?!?!?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:43 pm

It just strikes me as odd that it would be in the terminal map without at least being under construction. This might sound like a really dumb question but are you sure they haven't started yet? I mean maybe you are there every day and my question is really dumb. Maybe you haven't been there in a month and its a legit question. It just seems odd to me to have it mapped like that already.

mkeflyer717
Topic Author

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:55 pm

Quoting Indy (Reply 1):
It just strikes me as odd that it would be in the terminal map without at least being under construction. This might sound like a really dumb question but are you sure they haven't started yet? I mean maybe you are there every day and my question is really dumb. Maybe you haven't been there in a month and its a legit question. It just seems odd to me to have it mapped like that already.

Well I haven't been to MKE in a while but I could've sworn they were just remodeling the present concourse C and that was it. So as far as I know it hasn't been started yet and I also find it odd to be on the map already. I know there has been alot of talk about this hammerhead but I didn't think it would ever be done. Hopefully some fellow Milwaukeens can clear some things up for us.

steeler83

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:59 pm

I found quite a few things that were under construction or proposed, and they'd be mapped as if they were already built. A little bit off-topic, but after they closed down the E concourse at PIT, there were still some links on PIT's website that said that there were still gates and shops and things still in use in that terminal, even after a year it was closed. I did another deep search to find out that the terminal was shut down in 2003. Some ways, it's the other way around...

knope2001

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:13 pm

You're right that the remodel of C is just being completed, and there doesn't not appear to be any obvious work done on the hammerhead of C yet. As far as I know the C hammerhead is *not* yet a go.

I'd suspect this map was put out there in error -- a map of projected gates but not actual facilities.

I find this map interestingly incorrect in two other areas:

--The gate changes on D, where construction IS well underway, will add gates 27 and 29 to the stem of D and (apparently) remove 31 / 33 / 35 /37. No sign of 27 and 29 on this map, and they should be in use later this year. No chance the C hammerhead would be ready by then.

--The low-number C gates 6, 7, 8, are a temporary addition added to take pressure off while C was being redone. Unless plans have changed significantly, those gates will not last.

scutfarcus

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:07 am

Yeah, I was there a few months ago, walked to the end of C and it was indeed all shrouded in plastic and such, indicating big remodeling going on. But I went to the windows specifically to see if anything was happening that looked like a "hammerhead" and the tarmac is completely intact all the way around, not so much as a paint mark on it, so if it's going to be built it ain't happening right now!

mke717spotter

Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 4):
--The low-number C gates 6, 7, 8, are a temporary addition added to take pressure off while C was being redone. Unless plans have changed significantly, those gates will not last.

those are probably still up there since they are still currently being used

Quoting Scutfarcus (Reply 5):
Yeah, I was there a few months ago, walked to the end of C and it was indeed all shrouded in plastic and such, indicating big remodeling going on.

yeah I was there in late november and thats what I saw there to
here are some pics of concourse C that I took back then:

these are the 3 extra gates 6,7,8
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1358/aapic20qm.jpg

looking down concourse C
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3649/aapic38ji.jpg

I am going to be flying outta C in a couple weeks so I'll be sure to take some pics and write a trip report!!!  highfive 

legacytravel

Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Quoting Indy (Reply 1):

I believe that there was a plan pre 9/11 to add to the E concourse and also the C concourse as well. The Idea was to try and lure WN here. I believe that project was shelved, and they are now only planning to expand on the E concourse unless this has changed.
The plan called for an arm to extend down where the open air parking is and where the taxis are now currently staged waiting to pick up clients.
I believe this to still be the master plan if I am wrong please let me know.
Regards,
Mark in MKE

mke717spotter

Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:17 pm

I was looking around the MKE airport website and i found these in the 2004 newsletter for airport projects

Quoting Legacytravel (Reply 7):
believe that project was shelved, and they are now only planning to expand on the E concourse unless this has changed.
The plan called for an arm to extend down where the open air parking is and where the taxis are now currently staged waiting to pick up clients.
I believe this to still be the master plan if I am wrong please let me know.

well i looked through the master plan and couldnt find anything about expanding E but I did get this pic

legacytravel

Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:36 pm

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 8):
well i looked through the master plan and couldnt find anything about expanding E but I did get this pic

Mke like I said I thought the E expansion was talked about pre 9/11. I very well could be wrong and judging by the new master plan I appear to be wrong.
Anyway once this expansion is done what airline will begin service to MKE. WN I doubt it. To close to MDW I believe. Maybe Jet Blue with their RJ's ??
I would love to mainline UA begin service to DEN again. That is a long flight in the 50 seaters.
Regards,
Mark in MKE

phuebner

Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:41 pm

This is interesting...what concourse is Midwest? Are they going to expand here? If not, I wonder what kind of expansion MKE is expecting? I mean, we can put all our guesses here but what is MKE really planning for there has got to be something or they wouldn't have invested that much money for this type of expansion.

On another note: What airline is the plane with the blue tail and outlined apple?

legacytravel

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:33 pm

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 10):
I wonder what kind of expansion MKE is expecting?

I know they are trying to woo Wn to start up here. They are also after Jet Blue pretty hot and heavy from the rumor mill here. I think Jet Blue wants to start here as well.
They have scaled back expansion plans since 9/11.
They are also after some overflow traffice from ORD. They want to be Chicago's 3rd airport.
It would be nice to get a International Flight here 2 or 3 times a week. (Wishing out loud) I highly doubt that would happen.
Regards,
Mark in MKE

[Edited 2006-03-05 13:34:19]

mke717spotter

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:45 am

Quoting Legacytravel (Reply 9):
Mke like I said I thought the E expansion was talked about pre 9/11. I very well could be wrong and judging by the new master plan I appear to be wrong.

yeah I know I was just saying what I found, and btw the master plan on the MKE airport website it pretty outdated, it has not been updated for as long as I can remember

On another note: What airline is the plane with the blue tail and outlined apple?

that would be apple vacations but it is flown by ryan international airlines

knope2001

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:31 am

This is interesting...what concourse is Midwest? Are they going to expand here? If not, I wonder what kind of expansion MKE is expecting

Midwest is concourse D.

Prior to the current D concourse construction, Midwest had 12 jetways for 14 parking spots. That's the entire left side of the D concourse, both stem and hammerhead. The cluster of small aircraft on the right side of the hammerhead are the Midwest Connect gates. The two full-sized gates on the right top side of the hammerhead are USAirways. The three gates on the right side of the D concourse stem were United.

United has moved over to C, and those three gates on the right side of the stem are now being reconstructed to serve as more Midwest Connect space. When C is completed (the current remodel, not the potential C hammerhead) then USAirways is planned to move to C, and the entire D will be Midwest.

As for other airlines, MKE has for at least 10 years lobbied Southwest hard with no success. Southwest has had a significant strategy shift in the past few years that may make MKE somewhat less likely. Southwest USED to aim for the smaller secondary airports and shy away from the big congested ones. That's no longer the case. Doesn't mean that Southwest WON'T come to Milwaukee in the next five years. But I don't think it's a "given".

Two other things hurt Southwest's propsects in Milwaukee:

--Not enough of Southwest's big emerging hubs are good markets from Milwaukee. Vegas and Phoenix, yes. But Milwaukee is far too close to Chicago for a flight. Baltimore and Philadelphia are geogrpahically not good for connectiong/thru flights from Milwaukee and are not particularly lucrative local traffic markets. When one thinks about the type of routes that Southwest might add from Milwaukee, things like MKE-STL-HOU come to mind. But that's definitely the "old" Southwest.

--The shortage of success for AirTran in Milwaukee confirms something that has long been thought...MKE is a fertile place for junk markets like Florida and Vegas, but it's a much harder nut to crack for business travel. Come in with $99 fares to Vegas and you'll have people climbing out of their graves to fill 747-400's. But in spite of prosiing loads you won't make much money doing so, and it doesn't mean you have any pull in the MKE market.

Frontier has done okay here with high load factors and low fares, but I think it is very telling that in spite of very high load factors they still have gone back and forth between 2 and 3 flights per day and that's it.

The airport definitely has to plan for other airlines to expand here. And as Chicago continues to move north, north, north, the number of passengers from metro Chicago using MKE is continuing to grow. But that's been the story for years, and at least so far no low fare airline has come to MKE and set the world on fire.

airtran737

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 13):
When C is completed (the current remodel, not the potential C hammerhead) then USAirways is planned to move to C,

The won't be any room for US to move to C unless the hammerhead goes through. Barry Batemann has said that the are going to continue with the construction of the hammerhead.

The concourse E construction is slated to begin later this month.

knope2001

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:57 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 14):

The won't be any room for US to move to C unless the hammerhead goes through. Barry Batemann has said that the are going to continue with the construction of the hammerhead.

Thanks for the update, AirTran737. Unless the temporarly gates are sticking around awhile, it seems that C is kinda tight for US to go there as well. C has traditionally had 8 gates:

DL needs at least two
AA needs at least two
UA/AC needs at least two
US needs at least two
That leaves none for F9 or any of the scheduled charters or similar like USA3000that operate from C. And two gates is already a little tight for AA and UA/AC, though that might be what they go with.

I believe at one time the plan was for Delta to move over to E with NW and CO, opening up more room for US on C. But without the hammerhead on C and without the temporary gates, C is awfully crowded.

Have you heard any more about the hammerhead? Or conversely have you heard that D51 & D53 are staying with US on a longer-term basis?

As for E, is there more work planned other than the security lane rework, or is that the bulk of it?

mke717spotter

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:07 am

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 15):
As for E, is there more work planned other than the security lane rework, or is that the bulk of it?

I am wondering the same thing as I have never heard anything about doing anything to E besides the security lane renovation

airtran737

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 16):
I am wondering the same thing as I have never heard anything about doing anything to E besides the security lane renovation

There was a meeting about two weeks ago with the airport station managers that talked about it.

Mikey711MN

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:38 am

sideflare75

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 am

The following is part of a corporate communication from Midwest that was dated October 2005. Of course this could have all changed by now.

The current construction involves a renovation of the D Concourse -- the
arrival and departure point for all of our scheduled service out of
Milwaukee. This project, which will provide upgraded facilities for our
passengers and employees, is expected to last a year.

Specifically:
Gates 30, 34, 36 and 38 will be enlarged and upgraded -- including new
seating, carpeting, walls and ceilings. Work will begin soon inside and
outside Gate 34, and continue through March 2006. After Gate 34 is
complete, renovations will move to Gates 30, 36 and 38, with each of
these gates taking approximately seven weeks to complete.
On the south side of the concourse, work begins this week and will take
most of the coming year.
On the lower level, two new gates -- 27 and 29 -- will be added for
Skyway. These gates will provide more waiting space for our
passengers and easy ground-level access to their aircraft, as well as
much-needed additional parking for Skyway aircraft. Gate 52 will also
continue as a Skyway gate.
On the upper level, Gates 31-37 -- which until recently had been
either empty or used by United Express and Air Canada -- will be
remodeled to provide extra seating, a children's play area and vendor
space.
The main corridor on the upper level of the D Concourse will be upgraded
late next summer.
Finally, at the culmination of the renovations, US Airways will relocate
to the C Concourse -- at which time Midwest Airlines and Midwest Connect
will occupy all D Concourse gates.

mke717spotter

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:47 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 17):
There was a meeting about two weeks ago with the airport station managers that talked about it.

well thats very interesting...can you fill us in more on this, whn is it expected to start and how many gates will there be out of it?

airtran737

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:06 am

Nothing is changing too much in E. The glass partitions will be put in to replace the drywall that is currently in there. Also where the lockers are in E there will be a small smoking room.

The concrete at the end of C was torn out two summers ago, but the airport had to put the hammerhead on hold so they paved it over with blacktop, that way it would be easy to remove. I want to say that the estimated completion date for the new hammerhead is 2008. I will look around for the notes from the meeting and see what I can find.

tekelberry

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:55 pm

I was just at MKE last week and there are absolutely no signs of the hammerhead. The renovation is pretty much done except for cleanup at the last few gates at the end of the concourse. I don't know what the plans are for the "temporary" gates, but if they stay around, there will be room for US Airways at the end of concourse C.

In my opinion, the ideal concourse situation would be:

C - American, United, Air Canada, US Airways, AirTran, Frontier, Apple, USA 3000, Allegiant Air, Funjet
D - Midwest & Midwest Connect
E - SkyTeam - Northwest, Continental, Delta

mke717spotter

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:04 am

Quoting Tekelberry (Reply 22):
In my opinion, the ideal concourse situation would be:

C - American, United, Air Canada, US Airways, AirTran, Frontier, Apple, USA 3000, Allegiant Air, Funjet
D - Midwest & Midwest Connect

First of all Allegiant Air doesnt even fly to MKE so I'm not sure why its up there unless I'm missing something[but i wish they would Cool], if they dont make a hammerhead then there would be only 8 gates, here are the airlines and how many gates they use:

UA, air canada jazz, funjet > x2
AE > x2
FL or DL > x2
USA3000, apple vacations > x1
F9 > x1
US > x2
so that all comes up to 10 gates but even if they were to rearrange some things to make things tighter it would still be difficult as those 3 temp. gates arent expected to stay - it would also be difficult as MKE is looking to expand

mkeflyer717
Topic Author

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:12 pm

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 23):
First of all Allegiant Air doesnt even fly to MKE

I believe Allegiant flies some charters into MKE from places like Punta Cana and Cancun and thats why its listed.

2travel2know

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:35 pm

How about the connector between Concourse C and the International Arrival Terminal?
It could add 3+ gates for Concourse C (or become the "New Concourse B") to use and there's no need for movingsidewalks, an E-Z GO electric airport passenger vehicle is enough for people with walking problems.

tekelberry

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:44 pm

First of all Allegiant Air doesnt even fly to MKE so I'm not sure why its up there unless I'm missing something[but i wish they would]

Sure they do. It's just not scheduled service (charter).

as those 3 temp. gates arent expected to stay

I thought I heard once that MKE is actually thinking about keeping those around.

it would also be difficult as MKE is looking to expand

The only feasible way to do that is to build the hammerhead.

mke717spotter

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:01 pm

Quoting Mkeflyer717 (Reply 24):
I believe Allegiant flies some charters into MKE from places like Punta Cana and Cancun and thats why its listed.

really I had no idea, lasttime I was in MKE I dont remmeber seeing their ticketing counter nor anyaircraft

Quoting Tekelberry (Reply 26):
I thought I heard once that MKE is actually thinking about keeping those around.

Well it is a possibility, but when first made they werent made to last to long

knope2001

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:47 pm

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 27):
Quoting Mkeflyer717 (Reply 24):

really I had no idea, lasttime I was in MKE I dont remmeber seeing their ticketing counter nor anyaircraft

They don't have their own ticket counter...I believe you check in upstairs where you check in for USA3000 at the north end of the main terminal upper level.

Mikey711MN

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:50 pm

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 25):
How about the connector between Concourse C and the International Arrival Terminal?
It could add 3+ gates for Concourse C (or become the "New Concourse B") to use and there's no need for movingsidewalks, an E-Z GO electric airport passenger vehicle is enough for people with walking problems.

Agreed. And I believe there is a Master Plan alternative with such an arrangement on the north end of the terminal. Although I don't think there is significant enough growth at MKE that we'll see this in quite some time, but if the temp gates are kept around, that might lead to a bigger discussion on a more permanent solution a bit sooner.

One of these days, all I really want is for the powers-that-be to change the gate numbering to something along the lines of what is there: refer the IAB gates as A, the "temp" gates as B, and so on, and begin the gate numbering with 1 for each concourse. Always been a pet peeve of mine about that place. 0 Smile

-Mike

legacytravel

Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:30 am

First of all Allegiant Air doesnt even fly to MKE

They are chartered by Apple Vacations. Allegiant pick up the flying left behind when Transmeridian went belly up.
Regards,
Mark in MKE

airtran737

Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:35 am

Just to give an update.

While driving around the C concourse today I noticed that a new contractor was out on the ramp drilling holes in the ramp for a new fence to go up. The fence is being erected around the blacktop that was put down a couple summers ago when the started the expansion. I would have to pretty much say that the hammerhead construction has begun.

Quoting Tekelberry (Reply 22):

DL overnights an MD-80, 737-200, CRJ7, CRJ, and an ERJ. That's a lot of aircraft for just two gates, and the pad is used every night by NW for an A319. Besides, AirTran is a signatory member, and cannot be forced to move to a new concourse. They can move if they choose to do so, but just because it would be nice to have a Skyteam concourse is not a good enough reason to do so.

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 15):
Have you heard any more about the hammerhead? Or conversely have you heard that D51 & D53 are staying with US on a longer-term basis?

US/HP are signatory members as well. YX may want to have the whole D concourse to themselves, but HP/US is under no obligation whatsoever to move.

mke717spotter

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting Legacytravel (Reply 30):
They are chartered by Apple Vacations. Allegiant pick up the flying left behind when Transmeridian went belly up.
Regards,[/quoI had no idea thanks for the heads up, do they actually bring in their own MD-80's in their own scheme and what citysdo they fly to?

kinda messed up this post heh biting  but i also said something at the top that got quoted

[quote=AirTran737,reply=31]DL overnights an MD-80, 737-200, CRJ7, CRJ, and an ERJ. That's a lot of aircraft for just two gates, and the pad is used every night by NW for an A319.

I never knew that DL flew their erj's to MKE, where do the fly to? btw - maybe this is kinda off topic but how many flights does NW still have outta MKE?

[Edited 2006-03-08 23:24:42]

airtran737

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:34 am

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 32):
flights does NW still have outta MKE?

18 IIRC.

By the way. I told Barry Bateman about this thread and he started to laugh. He wondered why people don't have anything better with their time than speculate on whether the hammerhead was going to be built. Him and I laughed as we discussed the upcoming construction of it, which as I stated above has started to begin as of today.

tekelberry

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 33):
He wondered why people don't have anything better with their time than speculate on whether the hammerhead was going to be built. Him and I laughed as we discussed the upcoming construction of it, which as I stated above has started to begin as of today.

Does anyone else see the irony here?

senorcarnival

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:16 am

Quoting Tekelberry (Reply 34):

Does anyone else see the irony here?

rotfl 

I was at MKE in January and there were no signs of an expansion of Concourse C, but rather it looked like it was just being renovated.

As for WN, flying to MKE: MDW is not that close to MKE. It's about a 100-mile drive, factor in that splendid Chicagoland traffic and you got yourself a pretty long 100-mile drive.
Just as an example, SAT and AUS are also roughly 100 miles apart and both are markets heavily served by WN. In all honesty, what other factors, aside from distance (and population, if you so wish to factor that in) make Milwaukee and Chicago's relationship any different than Austin and San Antonio's? Is there that much brand loyalty to YX in the area? Does NW still have a strong hold there? IIRC they flew in a couple of 757s a day.

tekelberry

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:22 am

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 35):
Is there that much brand loyalty to YX in the area? Does NW still have a strong hold there? IIRC they flew in a couple of 757s a day.

Yes and yes. Many MKE residents insist on flying only YX and consider it "their" airline. On the other hand, MKE is one of NW's strongest markets with a high number of elites. MKE receives many 757s and even some 753s, along with A320s, A319s, and DC9s from NW.

mke717spotter

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:41 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 33):
18 IIRC.

By the way. I told Barry Bateman about this thread and he started to laugh. He wondered why people don't have anything better with their time than speculate on whether the hammerhead was going to be built. Him and I laughed as we discussed the upcoming construction of it, which as I stated above has started to begin as of today.

so which cites do they fly to?
- also you dont gotta rub it in like that since that what were supposed to do here on this forum, the speculation on the hammer head was not if its going to be built it was when drunk 

airtran737

Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:36 am

DTW, MSP, MEM, CUN (Sat. only) LAS, MCO and LAX

filler

mke717spotter

Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:59 pm

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 38):
CUN (Sat. only

they kept the CUN route!?!?!? well thats a shocker after everyone was saying how poorly it was doing so I'd think they would keep a route like LGA or BOS instead...any of you guys think NW will ever add a bit of its flights back?

knope2001

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:43 am

When is MKE-CUN operating? I don't see it in the schedule for the next several Saturdays, which is when NW ran it in the past (Saturdays during Feb/Mar/Apr).

mke717spotter

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:45 am

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 40):
When is MKE-CUN operating? I don't see it in the schedule for the next several Saturdays, which is when NW ran it in the past (Saturdays during Feb/Mar/Apr).

you know im not sure when they fly it but I'm pretty sure I saw it once a couple of weeks ago on the arrivals on MKE's website and I thought it was an eroor but I guess I was wrong

FutureFO

Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:54 pm

We operate our E145 to CVG. 10 1/2 hour overnight.

Sean from MCO and SDF

mlsrar

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 40):

From their sked, effective 2/16/06

CUN 236p 610p 1939 320 6 1511

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 31):

DL overnights an MD-80, 737-200, CRJ7, CRJ, and an ERJ. That's a lot of aircraft for just two gates, and the pad is used every night by NW for an A319. Besides, AirTran is a signatory member, and cannot be forced to move to a new concourse. They can move if they choose to do so, but just because it would be nice to have a Skyteam concourse is not a good enough reason to do so.

If DL and FL were to trade locations, it would certainly be ideal to lasso all of the SkyTeam partners into one concourse, though it would provide little benefit to the passengers, as there really are no connecting passengers between the three members. The only traveler benefit would be the elite security checkpoint, and WorldClub access.

Quoting Tekelberry (Reply 36):
Yes and yes. Many MKE residents insist on flying only YX and consider it "their" airline. On the other hand, MKE is one of NW's strongest markets with a high number of elites. MKE receives many 757s and even some 753s, along with A320s, A319s, and DC9s from NW.

I wouldn't call what NW has a stronghold. What NW does have, just as YX does, is a very large catchment of passengers who are loyal to the red tail. That loyalty, coupled with the large population of elites relative to the market is what makes MKE appealing to NW. For as long as I've been traveling from MKE on NW, they've sent most of their high-capacity domestic equipment for the connecting uplift to MSP. We were one of the last stations to still receive the D14 before its retirement, and one of the first outstations to be scheduled in for the 753.

YX on the otherhand has instant brand recognition, and, like NW, a fiercely loyal passenger base. In spite of service cutbacks, there still seems to be the local view that, if they're going, they're going on YX.

Strangely enough, as of May 1 of this year, YX and NW have engaged in a frequent-flier reciprocity deal...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos