Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aleksandar

RE: 767-200 JAT Is Arriving

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 49):
Remember in the early '90s when JAT was about to launch Johannesburg flights from Belgrade?

I remember that. In fact, it still remains a mistery to me why nobody mentions JNB anymore. Some friends of mine used that SOF connections in the 1990s and it was "interesting" to put it mildly. The flight to JNB was smooth on 762, but the surprise came on a return flight when they saw Tu-154 that flew with a stop on CAI.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

JU101

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:50 am

Lets try not to blow things out of proportion. It seems to me that the flights to Toronto are imminent, however, the resumption of JAT flights to the United States is still open for question. As always, its an issue of politics.

Yesterday the government of Serbia & Montenegro and Canada signed in the Canadian Embassy in Belgrade an agreement regarding the the return (to the originating nation) and acceptance (from the originating nation) of individuals that do not meet criteria for entry (in the destination nation). This agreement effectively satisfies all requirements for the establishment of direct flights between the two nations.

I am under the impression that JAT will be flying to Toronto twice weekly. Whatever it is, it would be great if the airline did a once-weekly stop in Montreal, while en-route to/from Toronto.

The resumption of direct flights to Toronto will be great for JAT. If the flight schedule is fitting, passengers to/from Skopje, Sarajevo, Podgorica and Tivat should benefit from the new service.

A342

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:28 am

Why wasn´t it possible to use the DC-10 to North America anymore ? Cockpit doors after 9/11 ?

When was it phased out ? A photo capture says 2003, but there are still pictures of it flying in 2004.

Did JAT own the aircraft ?
Exceptions confirm the rule.

JoKeR

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:34 am

Quoting A342 (Reply 52):
Why wasn´t it possible to use the DC-10 to North America anymore ? Cockpit doors after 9/11 ?

Old, thirsty, outdated, required a D-Check that was gonna cost more than the value of the airframe.

Quoting A342 (Reply 52):
When was it phased out ? A photo capture says 2003, but there are still pictures of it flying in 2004.

Left scheduled services few years back, but left the fleet last year and about to be chopped up in UK.

Quoting A342 (Reply 52):
Did JAT own the aircraft ?

Yes they did

UN_B732

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:06 am

Great!
But, don't Alitalia sometimes have fares ~ 400 Euro base + tax during the winter (BEG-JFK)?
I'm very excited about Jat... The CR7s were already loaded into the schedule for PRG, so that also seems nice.
This airline is coming back

PS: I think Serbia should have no problems with CATI - BEG is an excellent, safe airport.
What now?

BEG2IAH

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:26 am

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 54):
I think Serbia should have no problems with CATI - BEG is an excellent, safe airport.

BEG (airport) is CAT IIIb, but FAA's Category 1 is very different animal from runway categories. It's Serbia (country) that needs to obtain FAA's category 1 to be able to fly to the USA.

Check http://www.faa.gov/safety/programs_initiatives/oversight/iasa/

BEG2IAH
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

BEG2IAH

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:19 pm

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 55):
It's Serbia (country) that needs to obtain FAA's category 1 to be able to fly to the USA.

Clearly, Serbia is not supposed to fly.  Smile Jat Airways is. Sorry for the mistake.

BEG2IAH
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

LTU932

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:47 pm

Quoting MrComet (Reply 34):
I too am very negative about JAT but only because I mostly fly Austrian which is pretty good and Luftwaffe which is good.

Unless you work for the German Air Force, you mean LH, right?  confused 
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

BEG2IAH

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:02 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 57):
Unless you work for the German Air Force, you mean LH, right?

Maybe this could be a new trend in customer service and innovation - they give you a parachute, and push you off board directly above your final destination. No worries about transit traffic... Big grin

BEG2IAH

Aleksandar

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:51 pm

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 58):

You avoid airport taxes as well  biggrin 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

UN_B732

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:52 pm

And safety & speed is top notch!

I meant to say FAA Category 1, sorry about not being clear.. BEG's facilities are to-notch.
-Mr. X
What now?

sobelair

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:52 am

Hi everyone

Today I checked the amadeus.net schedule for April and May and most JAT flights have been switched from previous CR7/EQV operations to "normal" 733/734/AT7 operations.

Sadly, according to amadeus.net no new aircraft for JAT in April/May.

Anyone has more info on that?!

Smile

JoKeR

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:11 am

Quoting Sobelair (Reply 61):
most JAT flights have been switched from previous CR7/EQV operations to "normal" 733/734/AT7 operations.

Just checked myself and got this for BEG-FCO

Jat Airways
JU 404 Beograd (BEG), Belgrade, Serbia Montenegro 08:00
Fiumicino (FCO), Rome, Italy Terminal C 09:30
Non-stop
CR7 1h30min

flyboy_se

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:48 am

so when is this bird coming?
are there any spotters in Nimes that have seen her?
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter

FLYACYYZ

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:58 am

Quoting Flyboy_se (Reply 25):
i wonder how their Business Class cabin will look like

Given the seating density 18C/198Y on a 762, it will probably be very similar to the product offered by OK/LO/MA. With 216 seats, it's not going to be a premium business-full sleeperete product.

Nonetheless, great to see them coming back to North America.
Above and Beyond

TIA

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:33 am

I can't wait until JU transatlantic service starts. Based on current fares offered from TIA, this new service should have a very competitive price. I am sure JU will shuffle their Balkan service around to have as many connections as possible.

Quoting KrisYYZ (Reply 44):
I've flown on numerous B767s and I have to say Malev has one of the most comfortable ones.

checkmark  but only in coach. Their economy seats are comfortable and offer plenty of legroom, but their business class stinks. Those seats are uncomfortable, legroom is not that great, and the IFE is the same as that in coach. If I were to fly economy across the pond, I would always choose MA, but if I were to fly in business, I wouldn't even touch MA with a ten foot pole.

SerbianSkies

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:53 pm

Appears that they're still waiting for government approval to begin N America flights.

Here's the recent statement from the JAT website:

Summer Flight Schedules 2006

Jat Airways flights will implement a summer flight schedule from March 26 to October 28, 2006 in 28 countries in Europe, North America, the Middle East, North Africa as well as in regional countries. Jat Airways has scheduled 177 weekly flights on 36 regularly scheduled international routes, as well 63 flights on three domestic routes.

The national carrier's summer flight routes include flights to Cairo, Beirut and Sofia. Added to the flight schedule are flights to New York and Toronto, but a final decision on those routes is expected by the end of the month.

Insofar as these intercontinental flights are implemented, they will be flown on a Boeing 767-200 model plane. Jat also plans to purchase two 70-seat planes, the negotiations for which are in the final phase. The rest of Jat's routes will be flown on the existing fleet: two Boeing 737-400s; five Boeing 737-300s and four ATR-72s.

Jat Airways’ commercial contracts with the most prestigious international carriers enables Jat to offer links between Serbia and Montenegro and destinations around the world.

Jat most frequently served international routes include Vienna, Zurich, Paris, Skopje and Sarajevo, with 11 weekly flights to each of those destinations, while 10 weekly flights planned to Tirana. There will be daily flights to Frankfurt, Rome, Moscow, London and Sofia. The routes to Dusseldorf, Amsterdam and Istanbul are schedule with six flights each week, and five flights per week to Berlin, Munich, Stockholm and Ljubljana. There will be four weekly flights to Prague, Stuttgart, Copenhagen, Athens, Brussels, Dubai and Beirut, three weekly flights to New York, Trieste and Larnaca, two weekly flights to Toronto, Ohrid, Goteborg, Tunisia, Tel Aviv, Malta and Tripoli.

On domestic routes, Jat will fly six times daily to Tivat and three times daily to Podgorica.

Jat will fly the route Zurich – Nis – Zurich two times per week, and once a week on the Tivat – London – Tivat route.

This season, Jat is significantly increasing the number of flights to Skopje, Sarajevo, Ljubljana and Tirana, as well as to Dusseldorf, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Copenhagen.

Air traffic to Berlin will be conducted over the Tegel airport, which will enable a higher level of passenger service.

Using the Belgrade link, Jat Airways serves routes between Podgorica and Tivat and other regional towns: Skopje, Sarajevo, Ljubljana, Sofia and Tirana, as well as between these towns and Euro-Mediterranean destinations, the Middle East and the America.

For travellers on their way to the Middle East, Near East and Far East, as well as to India, Australia, and New Zeland, Jat offers reasonably priced flights on the Emirates airline via Dubai, and to Peking on Aeroflot via Moscow or Air China via Frankfurt.

You can fly to North and South America with Jat thanks to our relationship with Virginia Atlantic, British Airways, Britishh Midland and Air India via London, with Martinair via Amsterdam, Swiss airlines via Zurich, Olympic Airways via Athens, and Delta Airlines or United Airlines via European cities.

Travellers on their way to Africa from Belgrade can get there with Jat and a connecting flight with Emirates, Turkish or Sri Lankan Airlines.

Flight schedules are subject to change due to shifts in market demands.

Belgrade, March 24, 2006.

Rotate

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:51 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rotate

Would love to see the 762 also at ZRH!

Robin
ABC

UN_B732

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:55 pm

Virginia Atlantic

Smile Almost perfect, I guess.
I assume JAT business class won't cost too much..
What now?

JoKeR

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:46 pm

Some news published today...

JAT is expected to decide by the end of this month that it will restart transatlantic service to New York and Toronto. It plans to use two 767-200ERs on the routes. It is also in the final phase of negotiations for the purchase of two Embraer 170s, sources close to the airline told ATWOnline. It will operate two 737-400s, five 737-300s and four ATR-72s on 177 weekly flights to 36 international and three domestic destinations during its summer schedule.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/other.html?issueDate=3/31/2006

JU101

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:41 am

I believe it when I see it. First there was talk about Bombardier, now the focus shifts back to Embraer? I would consider the EMB170 a more favorable choice, but suppose that a purchase would not take into effect before next year.

As for the topic of transatlantic flights, Jat has attempted flights for quite a few years. There was a particular period where the airline was being steered away from the long-haul market, but it now seems to me that the airline has never been closer to a favorable end-result. Best of luck to them, and we all hope that Jat rightfully takes its spot in Toronto, New York, etc.

Any word if Skyservice will continue with flights to Belgrade this year?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos