Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

HS748
Topic Author

Transferring At OSL

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:35 am

How easy is it to transfer at OSL? I'll be arriving on a SAS flight from MAN and departing on another SAS flight to BGO. Is there a transfer facility? Can't find anything on OSL's website.

Tristarsteve

RE: Transferring At OSL

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:02 am

OSL is just one terminal, so coming from MAN, you go through passport control then jusy walk along the terminal to your gate.

HS748
Topic Author

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:14 am

Quoting Tristarsteve (Reply 1):
OSL is just one terminal, so coming from MAN, you go through passport control then jusy walk along the terminal to your gate.

Sounds easy! Thanks.

LN-KGL

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:33 am

Not so so easy Tristarsteve. If you have luggage HS748, you need to go through customs at the arrival level and then take the lift/escalator up to the departure level to check in the luggage for the domestic leg to BGO. If you have an E-ticket, you can save a lot of time using one of the self-service check-in kiosks.

Have a safe flight to Bergen HS748!

HS748
Topic Author

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:42 am

Quoting LN-KGL (Reply 3):
Not so so easy Tristarsteve. If you have luggage HS748, you need to go through customs at the arrival level and then take the lift/escalator up to the departure level to check in the luggage for the domestic leg to BGO. If you have an E-ticket, you can save a lot of time using one of the self-service check-in kiosks.

Have a safe flight to Bergen HS748!

Thanks! I'll only have hand baggage so I assume from your comments that means I don't have to go through customs, just passport control?

RedChili

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:02 am

Quoting HS748 (Reply 4):
Thanks! I'll only have hand baggage so I assume from your comments that means I don't have to go through customs, just passport control?

You will still have to pass physically through the customs area, where you have to choose between the green or red channel, and where the customs officials are entitled to stop and check you if they want.

Afterwards, you'll have to go one floor up to the departure hall and go through security, but I assume that you will already have a boarding pass for your next flight, so you don't need to check in again.
Top 10 airplanes: B737, T154, B747, IL96, T134, IL62, A320, MD80, B757, DC10

Asturias

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:16 am

I have transferred through Gardermoen OSL a gajillion times towards a domestic destination. Tromsø TOS most of the time. OSL is a one terminal airport, very recent and easy to navigate. You will enter Norway there, so you will have to go through customs. Since you have only hand-luggage this takes ten to fifteen minutes from the time you exit your arriving airplane to the moment you clear customs.

After that you just walk in the departure terminal on the second floor and find your gate to Bergen BGO. This might take another fifteen minutes.

You should of course check-in on both flights in Manchester, so you don't have to check in the domestic flight in OSL, it is almost always pretty crowded in the check-in islands there.

Have a nice flight and enjoy Norway. It is a beautiful country!

cheers

Asturias
Tonight we fly

RedChili

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:29 am

If you're going to Bergen, bring an umbrella! (But since you're British, you probably carry an umbrella with you at all times anyway?)  Wink
Top 10 airplanes: B737, T154, B747, IL96, T134, IL62, A320, MD80, B757, DC10

HS748
Topic Author

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:12 am

Quoting RedChili (Reply 7):
If you're going to Bergen, bring an umbrella! (But since you're British, you probably carry an umbrella with you at all times anyway?)

I never leave home without it!

heisan67

Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:52 pm

And next time you may fly Norwegian nonstop Manchester - Bergen  Wink

Return tickets from 60 Euros

http://www.norwegian.no

HS748
Topic Author

Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:42 pm

Quoting Heisan67 (Reply 9):
And next time you may fly Norwegian nonstop Manchester - Bergen

I did! (Well the other way around at least.) My trip from MAN to BGO via OSL was solely to try out the Norwegian service from BGO to MAN. Here's my trip report....
SK And DY MAN-OSL-BGO-MAN (by HS748 Apr 23 2006 in Trip Reports)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos