Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

boysteve
Topic Author

How Is BACon Going Down?

Mon May 01, 2006 5:08 pm

I was wondering what the response has been to BA Connect. Whether customer feedback is good or bad, and if there has been any affect on loadings and/or future bookings.

Personally I don't like it. I flew MAN-CDG-MAN last week. Breakfast including tea/coffee is £5, a sandwich and a beer is £5. In my opinion they should just have their fares £5 higher and provide complimentary snacks and drinks as before. This would leave BA as a 'full-service' airline and prevent the brand form being watered down. The adverts round Manchester would say Paris £40 one way instead of £35 but they could stress that it is full BA service. I don't see why pax to CDG should have a different service depending on whether they are flying from LHR or MAN.

rdwootty

RE: How Is BACon Going Down?

Mon May 01, 2006 5:12 pm

I am trying to find out what the food is like as I am flying to Milan from BHX in august and I will either eat in the airport or on plane . I am looking forward on the way back to having my afternoon tea with scones and cream!

DavidT

Mon May 01, 2006 5:24 pm

I said the same thing before - and was told that customers nowadays would rather take the cheap fare than the free food. Shame.

I spoke to a checkin lady at T3 who said that quite a few people are still not aware it's BOB!  Smile

What BACON needs are a few A320s (or even older 737s), then they can really let some of hte fares fares hit rock bottom and get the customers rolling in.

I have a friend whose father is a captain for BACON. Dunno if they could tell me the loads or not, but I could ask.

HS748

Mon May 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Quoting Boysteve (Thread starter):
Personally I don't like it. I flew MAN-CDG-MAN last week. Breakfast including tea/coffee is £5, a sandwich and a beer is £5. In my opinion they should just have their fares £5 higher and provide complimentary snacks and drinks as before

Sounds like very odd logic.

sevenair

Mon May 01, 2006 6:37 pm

In my opinion they should just have their fares �5 higher and provide complimentary snacks and drinks as before

Why be forced to pay for what you don't need? If YOU want food, YOU pay for it. If you don't want it, why should you pay for it? It's not really complimentary if you have transparently added GBP5 on to the ticket!

Imagine if ikea charged you GBP100 for a wardrobe that really costs GBP70 but gave you 'free delivery' (which costs GBP30). Not good!

Cadet57

Mon May 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Quoting DavidT (Reply 2):
BACON

LOL, im sorry but thats such a funny acronym  Smile
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

EGTESkyGod

Mon May 01, 2006 10:19 pm

How Is BACon Going Down?

Really nicely with sausages, egg and fried bread. Hmmmmm, All-Day Breakfast time, methinks.
I came, I saw, I Concorde! www.gofundme.com/lineupandwait

[email protected]

Mon May 01, 2006 10:20 pm

Quoting Sevenair (Reply 4):
Why be forced to pay for what you don't need? If YOU want food, YOU pay for it. If you don't want it, why should you pay for it? It's not really complimentary if you have transparently added GBP5 on to the ticket!

I fully agree. To add to that, what if we both paid the same for a ticket from X to Y - which includes inclusive refreshments? What if I don't want it but you do? I've then paid for something I've not used, so I shouldn't, in my logic, pay the same. I'm all for giving the basics (i.e. a seat and the airport stuff) and then paying extra for whatever you want. If, then, I just want my seat, that's all I pay for. If you want food, drink, T-Shirt, whatever, you pay for precisely that. Precisely the same as on a train: you pay for your seat in economy. If you want more, you pay for it.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

mhodgson

Mon May 01, 2006 10:38 pm

Well I haven't flown them yet; but have a lfight booked with them in September. I will be buying the all day breakfast, as it is always excellent!

I have to admit, I am curious about how they are doing.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

BMED

Mon May 01, 2006 11:24 pm

In my opinion they should just have their fares £5 higher and provide complimentary snacks and drinks as before.

Either way however you would have paid the £5 so what difference does it make?

Quoting Sevenair (Reply 4):

Completely agree, makes sense.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

pelican22

Tue May 02, 2006 5:55 am

Have they got a frequent fryer progamme.

mhodgson

Tue May 02, 2006 6:42 am

Quoting Pelican22 (Reply 10):

They piggyback onto BA's executive club; I think the basic fare earns miles but no tier points. You can pay extra for Connect Plus, which is like business class without the on board meal, and get tier points for that I think.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

bhxforever

Tue May 02, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting Pelican22 (Reply 10):

Haha good one!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos