Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

HS748
Topic Author

Easyjet 'Speedy Boarding' Trial

Tue May 02, 2006 4:51 am

Easyjet has a trial on its LPL/BFS route. From their website....

'Speedy boarding! Be one of the first on the plane and choose where you want to sit regardless of when you check-in. As a trial on this route only. Speedy boarding costs £5.00 per person per flight.'

JGPH1A

RE: Easyjet 'Speedy Boarding' Trial

Tue May 02, 2006 5:20 am

Stupid bloody idea - so everyone pays GBP5.00 and everyone gets Group A, then what ? Just get over it, implement seat assignment just like everybody actually wants. And BTW Easyjet, putting everyone who uses web check-in in Group D - another stupid bloody idea, destroying any incentive to use it whatsoever. Why not use it sensibly - web check-in is a great idea, if you do it right (like BA - let people choose where they sit).

Get a clue, U2.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

by738

Tue May 02, 2006 5:37 am

All the meanies fly EZY and they'll be less than reluctant to fork out 5 pence let alone 5GBP so there wont be a rush.

imatams

Tue May 02, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):

I'm with you... EZ should be carefull not to take the 'Easy' out of the jet...
Right now they have the 4 boarding groups, who board in succession, usually through both the front and back doors (EZ uses stairs even when there are jetbridges available) The passengers can choose their door...
So... why not assign seat instead? They can use the same 4 boarding groups but now by row numbers, and board 2 group at the same time, first the 2nd and the 3rd through front and back door, and afterwards the 1st and 4th... I think it would even speed up the whole process, while being an improvement for the passengers who don't need to rush and push for the better seats..

IM

rdwootty

Tue May 02, 2006 5:52 am

There must be a good operational reason for this airline not to do seat allocation??or is there??? BMIbaby .Monarch and Flybe allow you to actually book your seat number (at a fee) and Monarch have a Premium seating area at the front of the aircraft at an even higher fee. I am using this for some flights to Tenerife as I do not want to be squashed in the rear.. money making Yes Client orientated Yes so come on Easy get a few Yes's from your clients.Incidently watching the Airline programme tonight it seems that all Easy complaints revolve round customers being late!! I for one cannot understand why you would want to arrive at the airport 30 mins prior to flight..I will be a good boy and checkin at BHX on friday for my 1445 flight by 1245.. So see you all there if you are coming as well

A319XFW

Tue May 02, 2006 5:57 am

Quoting IMatAMS (Reply 3):
Right now they have the 4 boarding groups, who board in succession, usually through both the front and back doors (EZ uses stairs even when there are jetbridges available)

Actually at HAM they use the jetbridge. Otherwise they'd have to use busses, and that's probably slower.

But IIRC they did have the option to fit their A319's with airstairs (a la A319CJ) but didn't take that option up.

ScottishLaddie

Tue May 02, 2006 5:58 am

And BTW Easyjet, putting everyone who uses web check-in in Group D - another stupid bloody idea, destroying any incentive to use it whatsoever

Yes I noticed that the other day, what a joke! I'm flying them a few times this summer and it would of been of great advantage to me to check-in online, however it looks like I'm just going to have to drag my ass out of bed at an even more rediculous time than I would of had to if I checked in online, because I don't want to be dumped in group D! FR offer priority boarding, if they can, then so can EZY!

Knightsofmalta

Sun May 07, 2006 5:50 am

Stupid bloody idea - so everyone pays GBP5.00 and everyone gets Group A, then what ? Just get over it, implement seat assignment just like everybody actually wants. And BTW Easyjet, putting everyone who uses web check-in in Group D - another stupid bloody idea, destroying any incentive to use it whatsoever. Why not use it sensibly - web check-in is a great idea, if you do it right (like BA - let people choose where they sit).

My hero!  Smile

sevenair

Sun May 07, 2006 6:33 am

Group D - another stupid bloody idea, destroying any incentive to use it whatsoever. W

Although I love easyJet to the extreme, I mustsay thati think if weuse web ceckin, thuissavingg them money on check inn people fees and baggage handling fees (well, saving the airport the money), we should get priority boarding. This is what happens on another unmentionable LCC airline, where webcheck in pax are boarded first.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos