Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

ACEregular
Topic Author

JET2 Tenerife Patterns

Tue May 23, 2006 9:57 pm

Sorry if this maybe has been discussed but I have just looked up the www.jet2.com timetable for Tenerife this October, when 4 airports will fly there. It appears that a jet2 aircraft will be nightstopping there frequetly during the week.

Tuesday

08:00 TFS-NCL 12:30
13:40 NCL-TFS 18:00

The only other LS flight leaving after the NCL aircraft arrival is the one for LBA at 19:15, which I presume is just operating a straightforward out and back pattern.

Wedenesday - No Flights

Thursday

08:00 TFS-BFS 12:15
13:45 BFS-TFS 18:00

Friday

08:00 TFS-BLK 12:30
13:40 BLK-TFS 18:00

Again a flight departs for LBA at 19:15 on a regular pattern

Saturday

08:00 TFS-NCL 12:30
13:40 NCL-TFS 18:00

Another LBA based aircraft arrives in TFS and Departs at 19:15

Sunday

08:00 TFS-BFS 12:15
13:45 BFS-TFS 18:00

Monday - No flights am aware of.

The question being besides the LBA flights the others all appear to operate in a pattern normally associated with an aircraft/airline TFS based. Like charter airlines FUA,JKK,AEA. The crew must have to nightstop in TFS before then continuing on the aircrafts next duty which will not be to the airport they left. This will be costly in terms of hotels (8 crew with a room each per night). then they will be paid nightstop money, on top of this there will be considerbale ammount of postioning associated with getting crew back to base from their last duty. can this really be a feasible option if it is working out the way I see it. How long could LS continue to operate like this?

Capital146

RE: JET2 Tenerife Patterns

Tue May 23, 2006 10:18 pm

Quoting ACEregular (Thread starter):
Monday - No flights am aware of.

TFS-BLK-TFS will operate on Monday, alongside the Friday flight.

I can see the point you have raised and it does on face value seem a large outlay on crew costs. Mainline carrier's operations often involve crew nightstops away from bases, but I suspect it is seen less by LCC's who tend to overnight their aircraft at their bases rather than at an outpost.

If the aircraft had been UK based for these services then it would involve positioning flights each day between NCL, BLK and BFS which presumably would involve even greater costs and complexity.
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

ACEregular
Topic Author

Wed May 24, 2006 1:01 am

Sorry I did see that they had a second rotation from BLK but did not include it as it changes over Christmas, I was just looking at the constant schedule

CRJ900

Wed May 24, 2006 3:22 am

Perhaps the airline has contracts with local airlines to do a big maintenance check during the night at TFS...? Might be cheaper than having it done by an airline in the UK, thus balancing out the cost of having crew overnight...? Besides, a night or two in Tenerife must be a great perk for the crews, a mini-holiday away from rainy UK - keeping their spirits up and morale high...  Smile
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

mhodgson

Wed May 24, 2006 5:55 am

Or its possible that the aircraft will be chartered out to another airline. Or perhaps there could be routes/timings yet to be announced.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

ACEregular
Topic Author

Wed May 24, 2006 7:11 am

The planes arrive into Tenerife at 1800 and depart at 08:00, giving the crew 14 hours rest which is a couple of hours more than the minumum required, proabably just in case of any delays they gave them an extra two hours to play with. It would be a really bad stop over for the crew in some ways as they cant drink any alcohol 10 hours before reporting for a duty and there will be no sunbathing during the 14 hours on the ground. It still sounds a very expensive all round option especially as the plane will arrive from say NCL in the evening and then the crew nightstop on TFS before flying back to BFS or BLK and then have to postion back to wherever

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos