Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GulfstreamGuy
Topic Author

Help With Ex-WestJet Registration

Wed May 31, 2006 8:34 am

My family and I recently made a stop at Walnut Ridge Regional (KARG) on my way up to STL and I noticed there were two ex-WestJet 737-200s with no engines parked there. The registrations were covered over and I was wondering what they were. Anyone with info on the whereabouts of the retired 732s of WestJet? I downloaded a pic of them on Myaviation.net but I am sure it will be a few days before they get posted. I couldn't believe the large number of scrapped airliners that were stored there (for a very small airport)!

Any help would be great!

GulfstreamGuy
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

GulfstreamGuy
Topic Author

RE: Help With Ex-WestJet Registration

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:01 am

Here is the picture I took of the two ex-Westjets in KARG.

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Jason W. Hamm

GulfstreamGuy

BigOrange

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:19 am

Quoting GulfstreamGuy (Thread starter):
I couldn't believe the large number of scrapped airliners that were stored there (for a very small airport)!

Can you tell us what aircraft are stored there. I'm making it my mission to get as many stored aircraft as possible in the next 12 months!

GulfstreamGuy
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:35 am

I actually just got finished writing a letter to the UAC company where the aircraft are stored and broken up. The only ones I know for sure of are the following: N86SW (It's part of the restaurant now), N90SW, N25811 (COEX ATR42), N244AS and N265AS (EMB120s), I saw one other COEX ATR42, two or three CO MD80s (or DC9s) and one or two Spirit MD80s. In that letter I asked if they could give me those registration and or msn numbers. I told them I just wanted to know because of my strong aviation interests!

BTW, here is the ATR42 (N25811) picture. You can see the other ATR42 behind it and the WN N90SW in the background. Also you can see the nose of one of the ASA EMB120s of to the left.

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Jason W. Hamm

GulfstreamGuy

RyGuy

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:16 am

Go to the www.westjet.com and ask them. They will be happy to answer you!
Have done this plenty of times to find out registrations of flights that I have been on! Love that about them! EXCELLENT customer service!

RyGuy
From somewhere out there...