Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

cwldude
Topic Author

CWL-DUB Gets Further Boost!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:04 pm

Aer Arann have todsay announced that they shall add a third daily (Mon-Fri) flight to their DUB-CWL-DUB route  Smile

The flight, shall, of course, be operated by their 50-seater ATR42 aircraft.

More information at www.cwlfly.com or www.aerarann.com

Good news  Smile
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD

Christa

RE: CWL-DUB Gets Further Boost!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:52 pm

Saw this the other day (May 30th) on the Aer Arran Website.

The new flight will depart Dublin at 12.15pm and Cardiff at 1.55pm with a flight time of one hour 20 minutes. from Aerarran.ie

Nice to see that the route is doing well and that more frequency is being added to the route. I think that there's room for at least 1 more service on the CWL-DUB route, time will tell!

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

HS748

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:47 pm

Quoting Cwldude (Thread starter):
Good news

Maybe - RE has a track record for introducing new routes/extra frequencies then withdrawing them just weeks or months later.

smokeyrosco

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:30 pm

Quoting HS748 (Reply 2):
RE has a track record for introducing new routes/extra frequencies then withdrawing them just weeks or months later.

Can you give me an example, the only that springs to mind is IOM-LPL but those flights always had single digit passenger numbers and I believe that route was only run to bully a certain smaller airline out of the IOM.

Given that FR used to fly a 737 DUB-CWL-DUB also as Air Wales (an ATR42) I think the route should be fairly popular. I do think RE does need to advertise the routing a bit more though.
John Hancock

sevenair

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:05 am

Quoting Smokeyrosco (Reply 3):

Can you give me an example, the only that springs to mind is IOM-LPL but those flights always had single digit passenger numbers and I believe that route was only run to bully a certain smaller airline out of the IOM.

They did the same on the DUB-NCL-DUB route.

cwldude
Topic Author

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:31 am

I think RE have a massive commitment to CWL at the moment.

I can see them starting many new routes over the coming months. The DUB-CWL-DUB route has high load factors at the moment, and despite the airline having poor punctuality, they seem to be pulling it off  Smile
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD

smokeyrosco

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:05 am

Quoting Sevenair (Reply 4):
DUB-NCL-

Are you sure thats RE as i never remember operating that route out of DUB with RE..... in the last 3 years at least...
John Hancock

cwldude
Topic Author

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:10 pm

Quoting Smokeyrosco (Reply 6):
Quoting Sevenair (Reply 4):
DUB-NCL-

Are you sure thats RE as i never remember operating that route out of DUB with RE..... in the last 3 years at least...

And there's nothing at all in their news archives regarding NCL at all???

[email protected]

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:04 pm

Quoting Christa (Reply 1):
The new flight will depart Dublin at 12.15pm and Cardiff at 1.55pm

Ouch. That must mean the flight time will be about 1 hour. A jet could go DUB-CWL in 35 minutes with a block time of 50/55 mins.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

planesarecool

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 8):
Ouch. That must mean the flight time will be about 1 hour. A jet could go DUB-CWL in 35 minutes with a block time of 50/55 mins.

I flew BRS-DUB with Ryanair in 28 minutes runway to runway (40 minutes stand to stand). Mind you that was with their old B737-200s at 11pm, but still, its a pretty quick flight in a jet, as you say.

BA787

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:48 pm

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 9):
Ryanair in 28 minutes runway to runway

Typical Ryanair I really dont liike them bad service and completely defeats the object of flying passion by rendering flagship airlines to the waste pile  Angry

Humberside

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:12 am

Aer Arran announced NCL-DUB, then FR did.

I think you can guess what happenned next
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

cwldude
Topic Author

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:09 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 1):
The new flight will depart Dublin at 12.15pm and Cardiff at 1.55pm

What exactly do you hold against RE? Surely you of all people should be welcoming this news, being local and all!

Capital146

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:32 am

Quoting Cwldude (Reply 12):
What exactly do you hold against RE? Surely you of all people should be welcoming this news, being local and all!

I suspect this has nothing to do with RE or CWL. As you are quite new you may not know that Mr [email protected] is well known here as being A.Net's most ardent Ryanair supporter and will challenge anyone's comments made against them. It has been alleged many times that he is MOL's secret love child!  Wink Don't worry, Mr P's a nice chap really. Just as you support CWL, he supports FR.

He must current be busy as he's sure to blast in when he see's this: https://www.airliners.net/discussions...eneral_aviation/read.main/2804953/
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

smokeyrosco

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:28 am

Ouch. That must mean the flight time will be about 1 hour

Actually, after the Heineken cup when RE flew a charter from CWL - DUB I was talking with the crew and they said their Air time was 35 minutes exactly. Not sure what the difference is for charter and scheduled.
John Hancock

trintocan

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:52 am

Good to see more service between CWL and DUB - the route can easily handle 3 daily flights (there used to be up to 4 daily, 3 with 6G and 1 with FR). The Celtic Capitals route has long been a strong market and the departures of the two airlines left the way open for RE to move in. Well done and all the best to them for keeping this route vibrant.

TrinToCan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos