Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

BFS
Topic Author

BA Cabin Crew Training

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm starting with BA in a few weeks and was wondering, if anyone knows from experience, the basic schedule for cabin crew training. I know it is 5 weeks long, but is it pretty much a regular 9-5 day, 5 days a week? How many test flights do they do, and when do they start?

I know I can wait til my start date to find out, but my curiosity is getting the better of me!

mhodgson

RE: BA Cabin Crew Training

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:11 pm

Also, member Speedbirdie is a member of BA cabin crew. She will be able to help, I'm sure!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

BCAL

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:13 pm

Check the Cabin Crew Forums on Pprune, and you will find some information about training schedules etc.

Good luck with your training.

Talking out of curiously, I wonder if anybody knows the current rates of pay for BA cabin crew?
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

englandair

Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Well I've been with BA for only 2 years and I'm very comfortable thanks  Smile

sausageandmash

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:11 pm

Basic starting salary for new joiners on LGW Fleet is £9942 per annum, plus Flight Duty Allowances depending on routes and trips. Expect allowances averaging at £500 per month.

(Source: BA Recruitment Website)
Hello - it's me again

SingaporeBoy

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:47 pm

How often does BA recruit its cabin crew??do they still recruit from their bases in Singapore and Hong Kong?And do they have crew bases in Australia??

HS748

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 am

Quoting Sausageandmash (Reply 8):
Basic starting salary for new joiners on LGW Fleet is £9942 per annum

Based on an average working week of 37.5 hours, it works out at £5.50 per hour. That means that it is a minimum wage job, just like people who serve Big Macs (so I was right after all!).

SEAPlane10

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:22 am

Quoting Sausageandmash (Reply 8):
Basic starting salary for new joiners on LGW Fleet is £9942 per annum, plus Flight Duty Allowances depending on routes and trips. Expect allowances averaging at £500 per month.

How in the world could you expect to live in a city like London on a salary of that level???  Wow!

Remember, the absolute salary is not always that critical...it is the salary in relationship to the price level, and London is one of the priciest cities in the world!!

speedmarque

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:32 am

Gatwick eurofleet is a different kettle of fish to Gatwick Worldwide and all of LHR and is lower paid.

New joiners can expect to take home in the region of 1500-2500 pounds a month depending on how much flying you did and what routes they were!

We do quite nicely for the amount of time off we have (at least 10 days a month off) and the easy work schedules.

raventom

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 am

Quoting BFS (Thread starter):

Congrats.

Where are you going to be based?
I love the smell of burnt kerosene!!!!!!!!!!!!

sausageandmash

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting Speedmarque (Reply 12):
Gatwick eurofleet is a different kettle of fish to Gatwick Worldwide and all of LHR and is lower paid.

The salary quoted is for the new "Gatwick Fleet", not Eurofleet. I believe that Eurofleet and Worldwide in LGW are merging, hence the website quoting the salary for "Gatwick Fleet." I do believe that at the start of the year BA were also recruiting for LHR Eurofleet and the basic wasn't much more than that - something in the region of £10200.

Quoting HS748 (Reply 10):
Based on an average working week of 37.5 hours, it works out at £5.50 per hour. That means that it is a minimum wage job, just like people who serve Big Macs (so I was right after all!).

My basic salary in my airline doesn't look that great on paper either, but adding in the allowances, commission and extras - and considering I only operate on average 12 days a month (assuming not called out on standby) - it works out at £17.43 per hour!!!!!! (But then I don't work for BA......)

A lot better than McDonalds...................
Hello - it's me again

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos