Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

AMSMAN
Topic Author

Refusing An Upgrade

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:28 pm

A friend of mine is traveling to Australia in about 2 weeks. He's flying economy with QF from LHR. He bought the ticket on a discounted fare during a sale.

His father called QF and tried to upgrade him to either First or Business for such a long flight but they refused to upgrade him.

How can airlines refuse that amount of money? I can understand that there are T&C's on the ticket type, but refusing thousands of €'s seems strange when one would assume that they would gladly take that amount of money from anyone if they were prepared to pay it?

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

AMS
Aer Lingus, Proud to be Irish.

Daleaholic

RE: Refusing An Upgrade

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:39 pm

Quoting AMSMAN (Thread starter):
His father called QF and tried to upgrade him to either First or Business for such a long flight but they refused to upgrade him.

Judging by the rest of your post it seems that his father offered money to upgrade him. There is a possibility that First Class and Business Class are full on the flight and that is why they cannot upgrade him. He could always try again at check in when they know if there are any cancelations.
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

N353SK

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:41 pm

perhaps it's too far out and QF is still waiting for full-fare F or C passengers. Did they actually quote him a price or did they just say no outright?

Luxair

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:52 pm

AMSMAN, it has all to do with the fare and booked class you'r friend booked in the first place, certain class/fares are not upgradable! I remember a case last year in BKK when a couple wanted to fly back on CI to AMS, ( btw I don't remember exactly if it was a F, E or whatever class they booked initialy) but anyway they came at the airport a day later than mentioned on their ticket, the CI counteragent told them that they can fly the next day and that he will change the day on their ticket but both pax insisted to fly now thus that same evening. The agent told them that ECO was full so the both PAX asked for an upgrade to C or D class but that wasn't possible! I remember both pax where very angry 1 st knowing that there where still a few empty seats in business and 2nd they where willing to pay the different in big bucks but no way the agent refused and of course he/she was just following the general CI booking conditions/rules. Anyway they had no choice as to come back next day for their flight back to AMS.

ClassicLover

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:53 pm

A friend of mine is traveling to Australia in about 2 weeks. He's flying economy with QF from LHR. He bought the ticket on a discounted fare during a sale.

Okay...

Sure, I rang Qantas just now for you, and I was told that it sounds very strange. The only reason they would refuse a paid upgrade is if the flight was full in F and J.

Was the ticket bought from a group/travel agency? Was it purchased on the QF web site?

If you like, send me an instant message with the booking reference and I can call them back and check. The agent said that she could check that and tell me exactly why it wasn't able to be upgraded.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

HS748

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Quoting Luxair (Reply 3):
AMSMAN, it has all to do with the fare and booked class you'r friend booked in the first place, certain class/fares are not upgradable! I remember a case last year in BKK when a couple wanted to fly back on CI to AMS, ( btw I don't remember exactly if it was a F, E or whatever class they booked initialy) but anyway they came at the airport a day later than mentioned on their ticket, the CI counteragent told them that they can fly the next day and that he will change the day on their ticket but both pax insisted to fly now thus that same evening. The agent told them that ECO was full so the both PAX asked for an upgrade to C or D class but that wasn't possible! I remember both pax where very angry 1 st knowing that there where still a few empty seats in business and 2nd they where willing to pay the different in big bucks but no way the agent refused and of course he/she was just following the general CI booking conditions/rules. Anyway they had no choice as to come back next day for their flight back to AMS.

If you want a flexible ticket, buy a flexible ticket. Don't buy a restricted ticket then complain that it has restrictions!

Luxair

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:00 pm

HS748, you're right, flexibility cost money. PAX should be aware by buying a cheap ticket that flex = almost 0!!!

dc10s4ever

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:09 pm

Many discount tickets are simply not upgradeable. It is the rule of the fare, and if was heavily discounted, rightfully so. He CAN cancel your existing reservation and but a FULL FARE F or J ticket and pay the applicable tariff required.

AMSMAN
Topic Author

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Quoting HS748 (Reply 5):

If you want a flexible ticket, buy a flexible ticket. Don't buy a restricted ticket then complain that it has restrictions!

Quoting Luxair (Reply 6):
PAX should be aware by buying a cheap ticket that flex = almost 0!!!

It doesn't bother me at all... I bought the same ticket with the discounted fare and don't mind traveling economy, just thought it was strange that they wouldn't accept more money.

However, I don't know if First or Business was/is full.

EI787

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:58 am

A friend of mine is traveling to Australia

His father called QF

upgrade him

And....

Quoting AMSMAN (Reply 8):
I bought the same ticket with the discounted fare and don't mind traveling economy

I thought it was your friend who was travelling!!?? Big grin  liar   Wink

AMSMAN
Topic Author

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:47 am

Quoting EI787 (Reply 9):
I thought it was your friend who was travelling!!??

It is...I'm flying DUB-MEL tomorrow morning. He's not flying until the 22nd.

darrenthe747

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:40 pm

HS748, you're right, flexibility cost money. PAX should be aware by buying a cheap ticket that flex = almost 0!!!

C'mon guys, he's not complaining here at all. He's simply asking why an airline would refuse thousands of euros over a few silly little terms and conditions. you would think that somewhere in that fine print it would allow the airline to upgrade him for s**tloads of money. sounds strange to me that they wouldn't allow it.
All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

7LBAC111

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:48 pm

Quoting Daleaholic (Reply 1):
Judging by the rest of your post it seems that his father offered money to upgrade him. There is a possibility that First Class and Business Class are full on the flight and that is why they cannot upgrade him.

checkmark 

Upgradeability is a paid for benefit. As daft as it sounds, if the original booking class doesnt allow this, the airline shouldn't offer the upgrade. Paid for or not

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 4):
If you like, send me an instant message with the booking reference and I can call them back and check. The agent said that she could check that and tell me exactly why it wasn't able to be upgraded.

Classiclover - you contacting QF and them accessing the booking is a serious Data Protection breach and you are arguably out of order offering to do this. Once QF innocently access the booking on your behalf, what is stopping you extracting other info from the PNR?

AMSMAN - I'd not do this. I'm not implying CLassicLover is dodgy, but think before even considering it!

7L
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

darrenthe747

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:57 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 12):
Upgradeability is a paid for benefit.

And he sounds quite prepared to pay for it.

As daft as it sounds, if the original booking class doesnt allow this, the airline shouldn't offer the upgrade. Paid for or not

Once again, refusing a few thousand euro over fine print is idiotic. They should have it worked out in that fine print that lots of money = customer getting an upgrade.
All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

7LBAC111

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:09 pm

Quoting Darrenthe747 (Reply 13):
Upgradeability is a paid for benefit.

And he sounds quite prepared to pay for it.

As daft as it sounds, if the original booking class doesnt allow this, the airline shouldn't offer the upgrade. Paid for or not

Once again, refusing a few thousand euro over fine print is idiotic.

You completely miss the point. I'm not saying for a moment it makes sense,

Listen, the lowest of fares have restrictions. As prices increase, as do the benefits. Normally the first of these benefits is the ability to upgrade. Clearly this ticket doesn't have that benefit. Hence why QF refuse.

Imagine this scenario. Someone paying a lower fare than you manages to change a ticket by upgrading, yet you, are unable to do so because that person has taken the last upgradeable seat in that inventory. He paid half what you did. You chose to pay more in case you had to upgrade, yet someone else got it on a NON UPGRADEABLE ticket. You'd be pissed.

Its the rules of the ticket. If you want the benefits in future, pay for it. End of.

7L

B4REAL

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:12 pm

An interesting twist... I had an interesting situation once, I had to rescind an upgrade (DL complimentary Medallion) because my wife was traveling with me and she was on an award ticket on Y, and I was on a revenue ticket.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds & @RickVanover on Twitter

jamesjimlb

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:32 pm

first and buisiness may of been full.
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

highpeaklad

Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:39 am

OK so he's flying on a non-upgradable ticket so therefore the agent is correct. What they should have done is calculated the cost of buying a new business class ticket and quoted that as the "upgrade" fare.

Thinking about it, why aren't all air fares upgradable? Could they not offer this for a service charge and payment of the difference in the two fares? That way the airline is increasing revenue, and the passenger is not pulling a fast one as its still penalising them for changing their plans.

Chris
Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - bring them down to your level !

9252fly

Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:19 am

Some fares are consolidator bulk tickets and do not show the fare value,so it's next to impossible to to determine the fare differential,others simply state,no changes permitted,etc,.

vega

Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Both BA and QF will upgrade ANY purchased retail fare for a $100 change fee, plus the difference in fare classes.

[Edited 2006-06-11 07:44:12]
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

anstar

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:56 pm

Quoting Highpeaklad (Reply 17):
Thinking about it, why aren't all air fares upgradable? Could they not offer this for a service charge and payment of the difference in the two fares? That way the airline is increasing revenue, and the passenger is not pulling a fast one as its still penalising them for changing their plans.

Beacause some fares are cheap and are NON refundable. By upgrading the fare to lets a say a refunbdable bsuiness class ticket, whats stopping you then getting a full refund?#

7LBAC111

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:28 pm

Quoting ANstar (Reply 20):
By upgrading the fare to lets a say a refunbdable bsuiness class ticket, whats stopping you then getting a full refund?#

Thats not the case. Irrespective of the fare value, once upgraded, the originalfare rules do still apply when seeking refunds.

7L

nzrich

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:05 pm

At Air NZ even there cheapest long haul fares can be upgraded ..but the value of the cheapest fare is always non refundable even if upgraded ..But they do allow changes ie dates / upgrades for a fee .. Its just makes good business practice if you can make more $$$$ out of a passenger then the customer should be able to spend it subject to availability of course...I cant understand why any airline executive in these tough times wants to make it hard for a passenger to give them extra money..Yes i agree you always need conditions on tickets otherwise what is the point in different fare types ,but that is where you charge service fees for changes etc..
"Pride of the pacific"

Leskova

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:21 pm

Quoting Vega (Reply 19):
Both BA and QF will upgrade ANY purchased retail fare for a $100 change fee, plus the difference in fare classes.

I'm sure you meant to say "ANY purchased published fare"... because, and I know this for an absolute fact, QF has fares out there that can not and will not be upgraded.

How do I know this? I work for a company that sells those fares.

We get our share of calls in our offices each day asking about the chance of upgrading, but since these fares are not issued on standard IATA tickets, the accounting problems created would be hellish; this leads to QF simply not offering upgrades on these tickets.

Some of our other fares with QF, those that are issued on IATA/BSP tickets, occasionally have been upgraded by payment of fare differentials.
Smile - it confuses people!

7LBAC111

Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:05 pm

Quoting Leskova (Reply 23):
I'm sure you meant to say "ANY purchased published fare"... because, and I know this for an absolute fact, QF has fares out there that can not and will not be upgraded.

Quoting Leskova (Reply 23):
How do I know this? I work for a company that sells those fares.

checkmark 

I too work for one of these companies. Yet isn't it amazing how many people 'know better'...?

7L

zrs70

Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:46 pm

A little clarity on terms is important here. Usually, "upgrades" refer to using miles, certificates, and at times a fairly nominal add/ collect to move up to the next class of service. Most airlines publish low fares that are not upgradable with any of these means.

But in this case, we are talking about moving to another fare alltogether. (This is often referred to as an "upfare" as opposed to an "upgrade.") Most airlines have no problem doing this, though some may charge a change fee.

Over at UA, most international fares can be "upfared" without any change fee, so long as the enw fare is at least $1 more than the old fare.

And as noted in an earlier post, the restrictions of the original fare always apply when trying to refund. (If the original fare were $400/ nonrefundable, and you upfare to an unrestricted $1500 fare, if you want a refund, you can get $1100 back to your original form of payment, and the $400 will be a credit toward another flight).
20 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2020

TPEcanuck

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:15 am

Hey All...don't kill me on this...but here in Taiwan...I book cut-rate tickets....and....I can change change change departure/return etc etc to my hearts content! Sometimes as many as 5 changes to one date when I'm really disorganized! No fees, no hassles, up to 24 hours before the flight. And no premium/full fare ticket to get this flexibility! Life is bliss!

Upgradeability is a paid for benefit. As daft as it sounds, if the original booking class doesnt allow this, the airline shouldn't offer the upgrade. Paid for or not

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 14):
Imagine this scenario. Someone paying a lower fare than you manages to change a ticket by upgrading, yet you, are unable to do so because that person has taken the last upgradeable seat in that inventory. He paid half what you did. You chose to pay more in case you had to upgrade, yet someone else got it on a NON UPGRADEABLE ticket. You'd be pissed.

Highpeaklad...I think you have answered this for us. 7LBAC, I guess I don't understand your analogy. I can't see very many people paying to be able to upgrade in case they 'had' to. If you want biz, book it! In my mind, the only significant advantage of a higher fare Y class ticket would be if it allows you flexibility with the dates. That is of course a very valuable option for many customers, and when exercised, an option that can cost the airline money in terms of its administration and managing its loads on the flights that are changed. I'd also say the instance you describe is exceedingly rare, if the first passenger paid for the last available seat at the rate asked for by the airline, and now the other passenger cannot buy it, that sounds quite reasonable....perhaps both passengers could bid for the seat and the airline accepts the highest bidder to make it all fair...or shall I say FARE?!  Smile

Quoting Highpeaklad (Reply 17):
What they should have done is calculated the cost of buying a new business class ticket and quoted that as the "upgrade" fare.

Indeed. Simple. Common Sense. Magic for the customer. And apparently over the heads of many a check-in and reservations agent. Sure the passenger loses the economy class fare...but yep...it allows them to get what they want.

Cheers all! Happy upgrading...if you actually encouver this...quote this wise sage of Highpeaklad and reap the benefits of your lie flat seat smug in the knowledge you have navigated yet another arcane rule of the airborne bureacracies known as the 'majors.'

7LBAC111

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:38 am

Quoting TPEcanuck (Reply 26):
I guess I don't understand your analogy. I can't see very many people paying to be able to upgrade in case they 'had' to. If you want biz, book it! In my mind, the only significant advantage of a higher fare Y class ticket would be if it allows you flexibility with the dates

I'm sorry you don't understand it. But with respect, I deal with this scenario daily. People do pay a little more so that they have the option of upgrading ticket flexibility in case their plans change.

BA (mainline) springs to mind. The vast majority of BA IATA fares are restricted. However they offer seats in B and H inventory that allow the change to be made provided you pay the difference. This means that people who might not know if their plans are going to change, can pay a little bit more, yet still save over the flexible ticket cost. Worst case scenario then is the passenger ultimately pays the flexible ticket cost, plus a nominal (GBP30.00) change fee.

7L

GBOAC

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:52 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 19):
Both BA and QF will upgrade ANY purchased retail fare for a $100 change fee, plus the difference in fare classes

What unmitigated cobblers. A simple check on the published BA fare rules (available on the web) will reveal many fare types (on longhaul especially) where "Changes: Not permitted" - this includes date changes and/or upgrades.

I agree that to the OP, it may seem funny that airlines would ostensibly refuse thousands of pounds for a paid upgrade. But that’s why there are ticket rules and they have to be enforced or they’re pointless. As has been mentioned already, on such a deeply discounted and restricted fare, the best option would be to junk it (at least get the taxes/surcharges portion, etc. refunded) and buy a new business class ticket if that’s what the OP’s friend’s father is willing to do…got to wonder why they didn’t just do that from the get-go though…  confused 

Leskova

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:00 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 24):
I too work for one of these companies. Yet isn't it amazing how many people 'know better'...?

I sure know the feeling... it's one of the reasons why I'm quite glad that I'm no longer in sales or in ticketing; I remember dozens of phone calls from agents with clients somewhere on the face of this planet (not to mention dozens of calls from airlines) asking us whether there was some way to upgrade the fare - strangely enough, we even got calls from airline employees asking us when, in fact, we had issued one of their airline's regular published fares.

But problem is that some fares even have either a "NONUPGR" or, even more obvious, "NON UPGRADEABLE" written in the ENDO box, yet still people insist that they should be allowed to upgrade.

It's simply a matter of fact: some fares can not be upgraded.
Smile - it confuses people!

AMSMAN
Topic Author

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:49 pm

AMSMAN - I'd not do this. I'm not implying CLassicLover is dodgy, but think before even considering it!

Have never done so!

vega

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Quoting GBOAC (Reply 28):
What unmitigated cobblers. A simple check on the published BA fare rules (available on the web) will reveal many fare types (on longhaul especially) where "Changes: Not permitted" - this includes date changes and/or upgrades.

1. This thread is talking about LHR-SYD.
2. Here is the BA rule for the "LOWEST" published fare to Australia (max Adv Purchase):
MAXIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
CHARGES FOR CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
CHANGESANY TIME CHARGE GBP 50.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - ANY APPLICABLE SERVICE FEE MUST BE PAID PER TRANSACTION.--- THE NUMBER OF FLIGHT CHANGES WHICH CAN BE MADE AT Macedonian Airlines (Greece)">IN THE ONE TRANSACTION IS NOT LIMITED.CANCELLATIONSBEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE 50 PERCENT FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW. WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - AT ANY TIME THE FARE MAY BE USED AS CREDIT TOWARDS PURCHASE OF ANY FARE OF EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE ASSESSED FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE NEW FARE HAVE BEEN MET.IF THE NEW FARE IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY. A FEE OF GBP50.00 APPLIES AT THE TIME OF EXCHANGE. WHEN FARES ARE COMBINED ON THE ONE TICKET THE REFUND PENALTY MAY BE APPLIED INDIVIDUALLY TO EACH FARE COMPONENT AT Macedonian Airlines (Greece)">IN THE JOURNEY ACCORDING TO THE FARE TYPE USED.AFTER DEPARTURE TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. WAIVED FOR UPGRADE TO HIGHER FARE/DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - AT ANY TIME THE FARE MAY BE USED AS CREDIT TOWARDS PURCHASE OF ANY FARE OF EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE ASSESSED FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE NEW FARE HAVE BEEN MET.IF THE NEW FARE IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY. A FEE OF GBP50.00 APPLIES AT THE TIME OF EXCHANGE. WHEN FARES ARE COMBINED ON THE ONE TICKET THE REFUND PENALTY MAY BE APPLIED INDIVIDUALLY TO EACH FARE COMPONENT AT Macedonian Airlines (Greece)">IN THE JOURNEY ACCORDING TO THE FARE TYPE USED.

We really don't know which fare type the OP is referring to, but if it's a Published Fare it's subject to the above change rules. Mind showing your reference?
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

vfw614

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 14):
magine this scenario. Someone paying a lower fare than you manages to change a ticket by upgrading, yet you, are unable to do so because that person has taken the last upgradeable seat in that inventory. He paid half what you did. You chose to pay more in case you had to upgrade, yet someone else got it on a NON UPGRADEABLE ticket. You'd be pissed.

With that logic, you could expect an airline not to sell some F or C seats at all just to make sure that someone with a ticket that can be upgraded can indeed upgrade if e wants to. How will he ever be able to tell who has taken the seats if he is told "sorry, C is fully booked".

It would certainly make more sense to not forego the opportunity to earn some buck and
- upgrade that person with the condition that he will be downgraded or rebooked if the seat sells until departure time or
- give him the option to upgrade on departure day if seats are still available

jetdeltamsy

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:44 pm

How can airlines refuse that amount of money? I can understand that there are T&C's on the ticket type, but refusing thousands of €'s seems strange when one would assume that they would gladly take that amount of money from anyone if they were prepared to pay it?

Many fares are not upgradeable. You have to buy a ticket at a fare level that is upgradeable. This is not unusual at all.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

GBOAC

Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Quoting Vega (Reply 31):
1. This thread is talking about LHR-SYD.

Perhaps you can look up the definition of the word " ANY " as you used above, then...either that or amend your post to point out what you actually mean, which is "all current published fares on the route in question", presumably.

The lowest BA fare on LON-SYD I can find (ex-UK - let's not forget that ex-EU and other places have wildly different purchase conditions and ticket rules in many cases, and we don't know where the OP's friend purchased their ticket) appears to be QLBBGB at 457 UKP (excluding taxes) valid between 04May06-30Jun06. This is subject to BA fare rule 8978. Sadly, that rule doesn't appear to be in the current PDF fare rule guides for some reason so I can't check it for sure, unfortunately. As the fare discussed in the OP was a 'fare sale' one, it may have different/special conditions too, of course.

LO231

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Quoting GBOAC (Reply 34):
QLBBGB at 457 UKP

The fare you talk about:

AT ANY TIME THE FARE MAY BE USED AS CREDIT TOWARDS
PURCHASE OF ANY FARE OF EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE
ASSESSED FROM THE
POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE NEW
FARE HAVE BEEN MET.IF THE NEW FARE IS SUBSEQUENTLY
CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL PENALTY WILL APPLY. A FEE
OF GBP50.00 APPLIES AT THE TIME OF EXCHANGE. WHEN
FARES ARE COMBINED ON THE ONE TICKET THE REFUND
PENALTY MAY BE APPLIED INDIVIDUALLY TO EACH FARE
COMPONENT IN THE JOURNEY ACCORDING TO THE FARE
TYPE USED.

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos