Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

OttoPylit
Topic Author

Seen Delta's New Commercials?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:21 am

Personally, I like them. I love how it fades from the wolve's beautiful blue eyes to a sexy pair of legs strolling down the aisle. The sexy look of the lips will really get your attention as well.

Delta's has launched its first European television campaign since the award-winning 'Dolphins' commercial 10 years ago. The new commercial, entitled Sanctuary, was filmed in Atlanta and the mountains around Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Using nature imagery, the commercial highlights Delta's BusinessElite product and illustrates how space and comfort allow business travelers to relax in their own special "sanctuary" at 35,000 feet. Aimed at frequent business flyers across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, the commercial will appear on channels throughout the region and will be backed by press and poster campaigns in France and Germany.

Delta has developed an intranet site as a tool for our sales and marketing teams in Europe that contains a video version of the Sanctuary commercial, along with photo images, the music soundtrack, press release, e-mail messages and e-post cards that our sales reps may use with clients and travel media. A new Latin America commercial will be introduced and featured on the site in the near future.

http://www.delta-sanctuary.com/

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

rikkus67

RE: Seen Delta's New Commercials?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:41 am

Absolutely amazing video...intersting they used the Canadian Rockies as a backdrop.... now I wish AC was using the commercial! LOL!

Simply BEAUTIFUL....
AC.WA.CP.DL.RW.CO.WG.WJ.WN.KI.FL.SK.ACL.UA.US.F9

DALelite

Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:52 am

speechless!!!

DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

bmacleod

Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:15 am

The fact DL actually has enough money to make a commercial nowadays
is a miracle.  wink 

Nice to see the Canadian Rockies in a U.S. advertising campaign..
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

USPIT10L

Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:24 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Thread starter):
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Much, much better than the "Good Goes Around" campaign of last year.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

lincoln

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:05 am

Much, much better than "Good Goes Around". I think the "Whales" one was more "powerful", but this one is good in its own right.

As an aside, the music doesn't sound like anything I've heard from Karl Jenkins/Adiemus (for a while, Delta used Adiemus as boarding music, and if I recall correctly, for the soundtrack of the "Whales" commercial)

Lincoln
(Still wondering why and airline wount want to advertise go-arounds  Wink )
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

DeltaWings

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:06 am

Now I definetly will look out for the advert on German TV.
Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.

DeltaWings

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:13 am

Why is the french video slightly different? Twoards the end they show a woman at the window holding a wine glass. But on the french video it is a different glass!!

Confused  Confused
Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.

shamrock350

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:20 am

I have seen it on CNN and Sky news, I like it a lot.

OttoPylit
Topic Author

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:06 am

Quoting DeltaWings (Reply 7):
Why is the french video slightly different? Twoards the end they show a woman at the window holding a wine glass. But on the french video it is a different glass!!

Who knows. Being that a lot of wines are French, you don't want to give them an ego boost. LOL

OttoPylit

SBN580

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:26 am

Very nice. I actually would have liked more showing the flight service. And I noticed the F/A in the new red uniform. I actually like "Good Goes Around," and hope Delta keeps it for awhile.
North Central: Good People Made Their Airline Great! FLY MD-90 POWER! Keep 'em Flying DELTA Family!

Alias1024

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:49 am

The uniform looks nice, the wildlife looks good, but the commercial just doesn't do anything for me. It isn't bad, infact it is a great deal better than "good goes around", but it isn't going to motivate me to buy a BusinessElite ticket. At least the commercials are headed in the right direction. That said, I miss the Adiemus commercials. They were better.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

airtanzania1

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:56 am

I think i'm gonna be the first one to give it a negative comment, but I dont see anything special about the commercial. It was too predictable to me and its not catchy at all, but heyy... thats just me!!!
Awe. 737-200.

FWAERJ

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:17 am

It's decent (and a big step up from the "Good Goes Around" ads). However, I feel that the future commercials could use a bit more "punch".
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350

Alias1024

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 13):
However, I feel that the future commercials could use a bit more "punch".

Agreed. That is what was missing from this one. It was very anticlimactic.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

fanoftristars

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:42 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 14):
It was very anticlimactic.

Yeah, in a "Sanctuary" commercial, they should have gone for a big climax.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

AeroWesty

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:48 am

The theme looks oddly similar to a few recent Korean Air ads.
International Homo of Mystery

georgiaame

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:11 am

Really great commercials-a rarity under the best of circumstances. (They now need to get Karl Jenkins back; I loved being on hold as long as Adiemus was playing)

An intelligent attempt at gaining new business. Now if they could only learn how much less expensive it is to retain your customer base rather than having to go out and recruit new customers...
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

UTwriter

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:30 am

I fell asleep halfway through...

MalpensaSFO

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:49 am

First United Airlines with its hand-drawn commercials. Now Delta Airlines artfully inspired commercials. Wonderful. Cheers to Delta for making an effort. American Airlines and Continental Airlines on the other hand seem to be lagging behind in the originality department when it comes to marketing, perhaps it is a Texas thing not to be original. Lastly has anyone seen anything at all as far as network advertising with Northwest Airlines or US Airways?
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

acjflyer

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:01 am

I personally liked it. In fact I liked it enough to look into the price of a Business Elite ticket for my flight to MAD this fall. It worked for me. Great job Delta!

Alitalia744

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:06 am

Stay tuned - the US campaign is in development and should be breaking soon - look for a similar look/tone/feel supposedly to these commercials with focus on international "sanctuaries"

Bravo Delta.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

runway23

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Reply 9):

Who knows. Being that a lot of wines are French, you don't want to give them an ego boost. LOL

I'd personally guess that the reason is more due to the French being aware that the Americans lack skill in chosing wine to its best potential. It may also be due to the fact that wine has a different notion of prestige for Americans than French.

That said, I don't see any major reason why they didn't include it.

lincoln

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:13 am

Quoting GeorgiaAME (Reply 17):
(They now need to get Karl Jenkins back; I loved being on hold as long as Adiemus was playing)

As an aside, if you like Karl Jenkins and the Adiemus Singers, (coindidentially, the track Adiemus previously featured by Delta is the lead track on the album "Sounds of Sanctuary"), I would suggest looking at "The Journey: The Best of Adiemus", "Adiemus III - Dances of Time", "Adiemus IV - The Eternal Knot", and to more extreme end Catrin Finch ("Crossing the Stone").

All of these are avilable from iTunes -- The tracks "ThingamuJig", "Beyond the Century", "Cantus - Song of the Trinity", "Palado (1st Movement)" and more are personal favorites... in addition, of course, to "Adiemus"

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

FlyDeltaJets

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:16 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Thread starter):

Did you read my post in the other thread aout this? Smile
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

OttoPylit
Topic Author

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets (Reply 24):
Did you read my post in the other thread aout this?

I did not. Was it in the "Delta Advertising" thread? I just saw these pop up yesterday on delta.com and decided to throw them on here.

OttoPylit

FFlyer

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:48 pm

Maybe it's about the word itself, and it's reference to the better wines; "Le domaine" means sanctuary, but it's also used with the fine French wines. They don't really want to refer BE as the ultimate wine sanctuary, "Le Domaine du Domaine" or something like that. The French speakers might want to correct that...

Cory6188

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:50 pm

I have mixed emotions. The commercials are beautiful, no doubt, but they seem to lack any real substance as far as talking about DL and why you should fly them. Calling BusinessElite a "sanctuary" doesn't really make the public believe that it is unique (any airline could say the same thing about their J product), and as a result, it doesn't really convince them to consider it over other competing products.

Think about it this way. I'm a random business traveler, and for whatever reason, I have no airline loyalty. I see CO's "Takeaway" commercial and then this DL commercial. Which one sticks more in my mind as one that directly relates to the travel experience?

CO's "Takeaway": http://www.continental.com/company/identity/takeaway.asx

StarCityFlyr

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:54 pm

I find the English version of the commercial refreshing and enjoyable. Commercials that tend to be softer in their message and sophisticated in their delivery are much more to my personal liking.

I think Delta is finding their niche again and will become very successful. I've flown them eight times in the last two weeks and probably 25 times in the last three months and have found their service, attitude and quality to be excellent compared to that which I encountered as late as last December.

I hope they keep up the good work.

Happy Flying!

DL763DFW

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:47 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 19):
American Airlines and Continental Airlines on the other hand seem to be lagging behind in the originality department when it comes to marketing, perhaps it is a Texas thing not to be original.

What does both companies being headquartered in Texas have anything to do with not being original?

Cactus739

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:46 am

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 27):
Think about it this way. I'm a random business traveler, and for whatever reason, I have no airline loyalty. I see CO's "Takeaway" commercial and then this DL commercial. Which one sticks more in my mind as one that directly relates to the travel experience

I know this thread is about Delta....but CO's commercial was hilarious......  Smile
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

OttoPylit
Topic Author

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:02 am

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 27):
I see CO's "Takeaway" commercial and then this DL commercial. Which one sticks more in my mind as one that directly relates to the travel experience?

Not trying to start an argument here, as the CO commercial was cute and funny, but it doesn't tell you what CO does that relates directly to the travel experience. If I am a business customer, I want to know that if I'm flying, I want to try to relax. The soothing music and beautiful scenery first put the mind at ease, and then seeing the comfort aboard the aircraft helps me think that on Delta, I just might be comfortable. Its all part of marketing. However, the CO commercial had a zany little thing going on of the flight attendants stealing pillows, meals, etc., basically promising that we're better, but not showing anything to back up its claim. And the quick paced music is not soothing to anyone. If anything, all it does is say that CO offers some things that other carriers may not. But it is seperate from Delta's commercial, who's purpose is to purely lure business travellers to Delta's BusinessElite seats to Europe and to Delta being the largest carrier across the Atlantic.

OttoPylit

Cory6188

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:52 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Reply 31):
it doesn't tell you what CO does that relates directly to the travel experience

How does the commercial not tell you about the CO experience? It specifically outlines the things CO does to make your travels better - pillows, blankets, food, etc - what more could you want as far as things "that relate directly to the travel experience?"

Quoting OttoPylit (Reply 31):
The soothing music and beautiful scenery first put the mind at ease, and then seeing the comfort aboard the aircraft helps me think that on Delta, I just might be comfortable.

I understand where you're coming from, but in all honesty, I think you're buying into the marketing psychology a little too strongly. And if you are going to buy into it, then the same would apply for the CO commercial - seeing the amenities aboard their flights would help me think that on CO, I just might enjoy my flight.

lincoln

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:01 am

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 32):
I understand where you're coming from, but in all honesty, I think you're buying into the marketing psychology a little too strongly. And if you are going to buy into it, then the same would apply for the CO commercial - seeing the amenities aboard their flights would help me think that on CO, I just might enjoy my flight.

I'm sorry... I really have to disagree. Continental IS my favorite airline*-- my first choice before any other airline, especially Delta, but between the two commercials I think Delta does the better job. I also think that the two commercials are targeting completely different clients. (Delta's is very clearly the trans-Atlantic premium cabin segment; Continental's is not so clearly the domestic economy segment)

The "Take Away" commercial is cute...and does a good job of emphasising what Continental still provides, but doesn't really leave a positive impression of Continental's service -- the cabin, as pictured, for example is far from relaxing -- Continental could have at least shown their smiling FAs serving a meal in a "fresh" cabin at the end of the commercial.

Delta, on the other hand, shows a quiet, relaxed -- dare I say sophisticated -- way to travel.

Lincoln

* - In fact, in the past 48 hours I've booked two CLE-LAX round-trips travel in the next month.

Cory6188

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:37 am

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 33):
I really have to disagree

Then I'll agree to disagree with you and OttoPylit. Every commercial doesn't have to appeal to everyone.

lincoln

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 34):
Every commercial doesn't have to appeal to everyone.

Well Put.

atlflyer

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:19 pm

Great commercial! I think they did a great job...

afboy

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:45 pm

As weird as it may seem, it is forbidden to broadcast any commercial for wine, alcohol and cigarettes on French TV.

Have a look at delta's skyteam partner Air France new commercial. (Sorry it's in French)

Cheers!
T.

http://airfrance.touaregstek.com/
Flown: SF3, CRJ,CR7, AT7,E120,E145,146,RJ85,RJ100, F100, B727,732,733,734,735,736,772,A300,318, 319,320,321,343, M83, DC

atlflyer

Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:40 am

Quoting StarCityFlyr (Reply 28):
I think Delta is finding their niche again and will become very successful. I've flown them eight times in the last two weeks and probably 25 times in the last three months and have found their service, attitude and quality to be excellent compared to that which I encountered as late as last December.

I hope they keep up the good work.

Happy Flying!

Did you write a Trip Report for any of those flights? Did any of those flights have the refreshed BusinessElite product? I'd love to hear what the new five-course meal was like...

StarCityFlyr

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:27 am

Have not written a Trip Report for those flights. I have been seated in the coach cabin for all of them with the exception of a First Class seat to Palm Springs via Atlanta. We didn't get a Five Course meal to Palm Springs but it was good. The service was excellent.

Today on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando and a flight attendant took my carry on as I entered the plane and carried it to my seat, stowed it and then brought me a bottle of water. I had only 7 minutes to make the connection so I probably looked a bit harried. She was awesome and I really appreciated the consideration.

They're doing a great job!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos