Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

richierich

RE: B6 To SRQ, HOU, & TUS

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:37 am

Its not very often you get the much-respected MAH5646 getting his information wrong (or not getting the info, as the case may have been.)

Interesting choices, I have to say. I would have thought SRQ should be EMB also but if only one flight a day then maybe an Airbus makes sense. I'd like to see this airport served by two Embraers instead of 1 A320; maybe this is JetBlue's plan for the future.
None shall pass!!!!

DB777

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:55 am

Congrats on the accurate scoop, Mcofreak! There's a lot of doubting Thomases on this thread, and for good reason based on a lot of previous erroneous information being posted by others.

Don
Photographing aircraft since the Earth was flat and on Airliners.net since #338

MAH4546

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:29 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 100):

Interesting choices, I have to say. I would have thought SRQ should be EMB also but if only one flight a day then maybe an Airbus makes sense. I'd like to see this airport served by two Embraers instead of 1 A320; maybe this is JetBlue's plan for the future.

jetBlue will operate a second frequency, schedule TBD, starting in February, probably through April.
a.

ikramerica

Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:22 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 99):
Why would SRQ be surprising??????

They had been talking with SRQ for two years about this, I don't know how it could have been a surprise...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

727LOVER

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:51 am

Well, this was wrong.

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 72):
It is not in jetBlue's res systems.

And this was wrong.

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 82):
Hobby will see E-Jets.

So how much faith can I take in this?:

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 102):
jetBlue will operate a second frequency, schedule TBD, starting in February, probably through April.

Which is kind of predictable anyway. Though it could be 3 E-jets, you never know. And maybe some BOS service.  crossfingers 
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MAH4546

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:56 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 104):

So how much faith can I take in this?:

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 102):

Which is kind of predictable anyway. Though it could be 3 E-jets, you never know. And maybe some BOS service.

Second daily, starts in February. Will be in res systems as soon as you can book that far (you can only book through January right now). I'm certainly not always right, but this is definitley what will be happening unless the route performs poorly.

[Edited 2006-06-28 23:59:07]
a.

jetbluefan1

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:04 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 104):
Well, this was wrong.

The information about the flights was not yet in the res system (even in the JetBlue Crew intranet one) when this thread first began. It was confirmed by other JetBlue Crew Members that it was not yet in the res system, meaning that Mcofreak's friend has more behind-the-scenes information than most other B6 Crew Members.

As far as HOU being all A320s instead of E190s, I was originally as surprised as anyone else. However, now that I think about it, A320s are better suited for large cities such as Houston as they allow B6 to be more competitive with fares (see: lower CASM, thereby needing less RASM to break even).

JetBluefan1

thomasphoto60

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:45 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 105):
'm certainly not always right, but this is definitley what will be happening unless the route performs poorly.

MAH4546,

I have been following your posts and thread for several years now and frankly, imho, you are far more right than wrong. I am not certain as to your profession (I suspect the airline industry or perhaps an airline analyst), however your knowledge of this sector is to say the least very impressive, especially when it comes to new routes and services. In addition your RR (Respect Rating) of 58 says volumes about your credibility.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

CMHSRQ

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:22 am

Quoting Thomasphoto60 (Reply 107):
Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 105):
'm certainly not always right, but this is definitley what will be happening unless the route performs poorly.

MAH4546,

I have been following your posts and thread for several years now and frankly, imho, you are far more right than wrong. I am not certain as to your profession (I suspect the airline industry or perhaps an airline analyst), however your knowledge of this sector is to say the least very impressive, especially when it comes to new routes and services. In addition your RR (Respect Rating) of 58 says volumes about your credibility.

Thomas

I'll second that! In fact I will add you to my RR list MAH4546
The voice of moderation

mcofreak
Topic Author

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:55 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 106):

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 106):
The information about the flights was not yet in the res system (even in the JetBlue Crew intranet one) when this thread first began. It was confirmed by other JetBlue Crew Members that it was not yet in the res system, meaning that Mcofreak's friend has more behind-the-scenes information than most other B6 Crew Members.

Actually my friend does not have more-behind-the-scenes info than most crewmembers...my friend works at the airport and is in customer service. My friend just looked in the right place at the right time I guess.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos