Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetblueatjfk

RE: B6 New Cities

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:20 pm

Quoting Hannigan (Reply 49):
I keep hearing STL, STT, and SXM. That's the "three st cities" that keep coming up for me.

Yea, that what I heard so that is why I said 3 of them. I think they are all viable cities to go to for them.

B6jfk airplane 

MAH4546

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 50):
Yea, that what I heard so that is why I said 3 of them. I think they are all viable cities to go to for them.

St. Croix is not viable for them. It would be great if they gave it a shot, there is just nothing viable about it.
a.

steeler83

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 41):
What do you mean by restored? PIT-STL has four daily flights with US Airways Express!

Dammit!!! Why do I keep confusing that with MCI, and yet that market has YX service...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

DeltaRules

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:05 am

Any hope for CMH?

DeltaRules
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

icebird757

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:31 pm

The Boyd Group has the following to say abour SQR and the new routes:

Quote:
With new service announcements from both JetBlue and US Airways, Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport continues to emerge as the central gateway for Florida's Gold Coast.

On August 15, US Airways will add nonstop Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport service to its existing service pattern at SRQ, utilizing EMB-170's. Not far behind, JetBlue will begin JFK service in late September with a single Airbus frequency, adding a second roundtrip in February. (Side Note: The Boyd Group is honored to have worked with the professionals at SRQ to develop the data necessary to convince B6 and US of the strong opportunities at Sarasota/Bradenton.)

These announcements follow a period of phenomenal enplanement growth for SRQ, driven by an in-migration of year-round population, desirable demographics, and major air service developments.

One Million Hear We Come. The latest service additions at Sarasota/Bradenton International are expected to push the airport past the 1 million annual enplanement level no later than 2010 - sooner if other airlines flow into the market or incumbents add capacity. This moves SRQ to top of the rankings for forecast percentage enplanement growth between 2005 to 2012 of all the 145 in Airports:USA.

Other JetBlue Additions. SRQ was not the only announcements coming out of JetBlue this week. A single "red-eye" frequency between JFK and TUS is slated to begin on September 28, and three daily JFK Houston-Hobby roundtrips start September 7th.

Hobby is of particular interest. While three roundtrips are not going to impact HOU enplanements all that much, the choice of HOU over IAH gives JetBlue credibility while fighting the Love Field compromise that it calls "an anti-competitive deal that was put together by two carriers in backroom." With Northwest also opposing the deal, the compromise on Wright is clearly not right with everyone. Stand by, as it looks this may drag on for quite a bit longer.
I kick chocks

AAFlyer2006

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:33 am

The most common rumor that I hear for jetBlue's next city is St. Louis. For the other two cities, serving the two biggest metropolitan areas unserved by jetBlue, Chicago and Philadelphia, seems like a good idea to increase the jetBlue's costomer base. Chicago could be served through Gary/Chicago airport, 28 miles from downtown Chicago. New Castle Airport in Wilmington, DE is 23 miles from PHL and 66 miles from BWI. New Castle Airport airport would serve Philadelphia, all of Delaware, and Baltimore.

steeler83

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:57 am

Quoting AAFlyer2006 (Reply 55):
New Castle Airport in Wilmington, DE is 23 miles from PHL

Hell, that'd be as if they'd open up a new airport in King of Prussia to serve PHL; that's also about 23 miles from Downtown Philli... New Castle Airport should not be a problem then for an alternative airport for PHL. Perhaps they'd rename it to Philadelphia-New Castle. Is ILC the code for that airport? Perhaps there could be a rail link between the two airports...

If that's the case, then I would think that WN, B6 and FL could relocate there... Well, at least B6 and FL could anyway... There is also YX and F9, but I am not sure of how willing they'd be to relocate to that airport if it were to fuction as a new airport for the PHL area...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

ERJ170

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:59 am

The drive from ILG to PHL is not that long at all.. and it could easily serve southern Philly as well as King of Prussia.. B6 could do a ILG-RDU and call it the Glaxo shuttle.. just a thought..
Aiming High and going far..

B6DC10

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:03 pm

Quoting AAFlyer2006 (Reply 55):
Chicago could be served through Gary/Chicago airport, 28 miles from downtown Chicago.

I have heard numerous times that it's essentially O'Hare or bust for us! The upper leadership really doesn't want to be anywhere but there. I have heard that MDW is an alternate, but only if every effort to get into O'Hare is exhausted. I would say Gary, Indiana has as much chance as us doing a double daily non stop JFK-HNL. In other words, don't start mapquesting your way to GYY just yet!
TriJet or No Jet At All...

steeler83

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 pm

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 57):
and it could easily serve southern Philly as well as King of Prussia..

I guess they could hop on the Schuylkill Expressway to the Blue Route, and then down I-95 from King of Prussia. That should really take some of the pressure away from PHL...

AAFlyer2006

Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:29 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 56):
Is ILC the code for that airport? Perhaps there could be a rail link between the two airports...

ILG is the code for New Castle, DE. I know that SEPTA does have a trail line that extends to Wilmington, but not to New Castle Airport. Currently, only Delta provides service from the airport and it is to Atlanta.

Bishop Airport at Flint, 56 miles from DTW, would be an alternative to enterring the crowded market at DTW, although Detroit City Airport (DET) might be a good way to serve Detroit.

A Chicago service might be a bit far off, due to the wait for gates at ORD.

icebird757

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:12 pm

It's funny how all I hear from people on here is STL and CMH is next. That would be nice although I would like to see YUL instead of STL. CMH makes sense since 70% of the country's population lives between NYC and ORD. Well atleast according to Dave and David.
I kick chocks

kcrwflyer

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Quoting AAFlyer2006 (Reply 60):
Bishop Airport at Flint, 56 miles from DTW, would be an alternative to enterring the crowded market at DTW, although Detroit City Airport (DET) might be a good way to serve Detroit.

Seen the runway in DET?

luv2fly

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 pm

Quoting KcrwFlyer (Reply 62):
Seen the runway in DET?

Flown out of there I did when WN served this airport. Not a expert myself though I would imagine the 190's would do fine operating from DET. Though the local area gets very vocal about noise of the planes.
You can cut the irony with a knife

PSU.DTW.SCE

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:51 pm

DET is done as a commerical airport....end of story.

No one is going to serve DET over DTW, there is no viable reason. DET is in shambles, the runways it too short and narrow, the infrastructure of the airport terminal and parking lots are in disrepair, let alone most passengers would not want to venture into the surrounding neighborhoods.

DTW is not overly-crowded, plenty of gate space existings in the old soon-to-be replaced Smith terminal, and has shown to be LCC-friendly in recent years.

That said, no one outside of the HQ really knows where DTW stands on the list. It will probably happen....later before sooner.

As with every city on the "list" B6 is looking at many markets and the priorities change. They have the luxury of being able to choose from more markets than they could possibily serve all at once. Time will tell....

WMUPilot

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:13 am

Our planes aren't bulletproof so we won't be serving DET.rnThere are several stories from pilots who reported bullet holes in thernside of the aircraft that where found on inspection after landing in DET. I've flown into that airport and it is a piece. Southwest tried serving DET for a little bit, but quickly found it would be safer to the airline and customers if they served DTW.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

luv2fly

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:30 am

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 65):
Southwest tried serving DET for a little bit, but quickly found it would be safer to the airline and customers if they served DTW.

Actually WN started service at DTW and under a year they added DET to the route map, DET was served for almost 6 years until they through the towel in, and both airports had service at the same time.

CIDFlyer

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:44 am

Quoting Flick70 (Reply 33):
It appears B6 is working towards the middle. At this rate, OMA will be getting service around 2011.

I'll fly Blue someday I guess....but not anytime soon.

I hear you on that! I keep reading in the USA Today about how JetBlue is the #1 preferred LCC carrier and I have to laugh because the only people who really have access to their service is the Northeast, Florida and west coast. A large chunk of the country goes without their service. However if the rumored opening of a St. Louis focus city/hub is not far off, then maybe we will finally see a push into the midwest to hopefully cities like OMA, DSM, MSN, MCI, MKE..etc and (crossing fingers) CID  Smile

AAFlyer2006

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:53 am

Quoting CIDflyer (Reply 67):
I keep reading in the USA Today about how JetBlue is the #1 preferred LCC carrier and I have to laugh because the only people who really have access to their service is the Northeast, Florida and west coast. A large chunk of the country goes without their service.

The claim that jetBlue is the prefered LCC is shaky beacause it accounts for a smaller ammount of the population than other LCCs. A recent America Online poll found that the plurality of the people, 20%, caracterized jetBlue as "excellent," however that same poll found that 50% of respondants had either never flown with or never heard of jetBlue. Accounting for all of the metro areas served by jetBlue, I am guessing the jetBlue serves 60 out of 300 million people.

MAH4546

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting AAFlyer2006 (Reply 68):
Accounting for all of the metro areas served by jetBlue, I am guessing the jetBlue serves 60 out of 300 million people.

Hardly. They serve most of the large metros in the country. NYC+LA+SFL is about 45,000,000. Boston and DC, and San Fran add another 20,000,000 or so. Then add Houston (5,000,000), Seattle (3,500,000), Denver (3,000,000), and Phoenix (3,000,000). You are already at 80,000,000, and that is only ten markets.
a.

jfklganyc

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:37 am

I love B6 and I love the growth out of JFK, but. . .

Is it me, or does this rapid growth almost seem reckless and a little scary?

The cost of starting so many new stations at once has got to be high. Plus, they seem to be all over the map. Long hauls, short hauls. 320s to PWM, 190s to JAX, Red-eyes.

I'm a big B6 fan. But if I was an investor, and I heard the higher ups talk about expanded short-haul flying and Slower growth and then I saw long-haul flying being added within an Explosive growth trend, I'd be worried.

I guess I'm wondering, if this is the slower growth B6 talked about in their return to profitability plan, just how fast would the originally-planned growth have been?

PJ

steeler83

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:58 am

They're adding cities that could be profitable for B6. Ever hear of the saying "you have to spend money to make money?" They just opened up PIT last week ago, and that will DEFINITELY be a goldmine for B6. There is a great deal of a profit waiting for them there. Anyone who doesn't seem to think so, wake up and smell the coffee folks. You're apparently thinking of a different airport/market with the same code as PIT...

STL could do well for B6, too. I think that both could be good markets for the midwest network as soon as B6 gets one started. PIT and STL are excellent cities to run the E90 out of as well as the A320, especially the A320 from PIT to the West Coast, while the E90s could focus on the Midwest, Northeast, and Florida. It looks like STL might become a bit larger of a station for B6 than PIT will at this point...

CentPIT

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:40 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 71):
It looks like STL might become a bit larger of a station for B6 than PIT will at this point...

Has STL been added? PIT (as I have said before) will be whatever B6 wants it to. Of course, they won't have a "hub" say, but I think the "hub days" are creeping closer to an end for more aiports than just PIT. B6 will grow PIT, it might just not be as big of a grow as most people would hope for. I see between 20 and 60 flights.
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

LambertMan

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 72):
Has STL been added? PIT (as I have said before) will be whatever B6 wants it to. Of course, they won't have a "hub" say, but I think the "hub days" are creeping closer to an end for more aiports than just PIT. B6 will grow PIT, it might just not be as big of a grow as most people would hope for. I see between 20 and 60 flights.

As big as people hope for? I hope that the Pittsburgh contingent on this board doesn't think that Pittsburgh is going to have over 60 flights a day. If JetBlue stays true to their initial strategy, Pittsburgh will be nothing more than a spoke city. All of JetBlue's focus cities, cities which have over 20 flights a day, are large origin and destination markets. Pittsburgh is not, and neither is St. Louis which makes the whole St. Louis hub thing (in addition to other reasons) seem less plausible.

CentPIT

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Quoting LambertMan (Reply 73):
As big as people hope for? I hope that the Pittsburgh contingent on this board doesn't think that Pittsburgh is going to have over 60 flights a day. If JetBlue stays true to their initial strategy, Pittsburgh will be nothing more than a spoke city. All of JetBlue's focus cities, cities which have over 20 flights a day, are large origin and destination markets. Pittsburgh is not, and neither is St. Louis which makes the whole St. Louis hub thing (in addition to other reasons) seem less plausible.

I said between 20 and 60 flights. That may be to many, but I was just guessing. I will tell you this much, Pittsburgh isn't staying at 6 daily flights!

AAFlyer2006

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 72):
Has STL been added?

There was a rumor circling the threads here earlier this week about jetBlue choosing STL and making it a mid-western focus city. However, don’t’ focus cities have to be in large metro areas, like Chicago and Detroit, that have the population bases that can feed the focus city airport? Currently, all of jetBlue’s focus cities are in metro areas of over 4 million people. The St. Louis metro area only encompasses 2.5 million to 2.7 million people, depending on the statistics you read.

A problem that I have seen brought up with STL in another thread is competition, because of the number of flights offered from STL to jetblue cities by AA and WN. However, most airports in major metro areas have competition, with the exception of some reliever airports. Only small areas lack major competition, but these areas also lack the population base to support a focus city.

Therefor, it seems that an jetBlue must face some competition if it is to establish a viable focus city, unless it is willing to use a secondary airport. It seems to me that as long as it must face competition, it might as well be at an airport in a large population base.

MAH4546

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:21 am

Quoting AAFlyer2006 (Reply 75):
owever, don’t’ focus cities have to be in large metro areas, like Chicago and Detroit, that have the population bases that can feed the focus city airport?

It is not a rule, but it sure doesn't hurt. jetBlue has six focus cities, all in metros with at least 5,000,000 residents.
a.

steeler83

Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:27 am

Quoting LambertMan (Reply 73):
All of JetBlue's focus cities, cities which have over 20 flights a day, are large origin and destination markets. Pittsburgh is not

This is going to change for PIT...

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 74):
I said between 20 and 60 flights. That may be to many, but I was just guessing. I will tell you this much, Pittsburgh isn't staying at 6 daily flights!

I agree with this. If B6 was to stay at 6 daily flights at PIT, umm... I think that a large number of pax would scream louder than 4 DC9s at full throttle!!!!

The will add more destinations and flights. Neeleman said so himself, if the service does very well at PIT, then more flights and cities will be added. WN has already doubled its service at PIT, and it's now the second largest carrier there with some 20 flights carrying 90,000+ pax the most recent month. More WN cities from PIT are just on the horizon. As for B6, I give it at least a few months, maybe sooner, for more flights and cities. People are speculating on West Coast and Florida markets for expansion, as well as added frequencies between JFK and BOS.

I am guessing that wel will see at least 12 flights to JFK and BOS (6 daily to each market on E90 and an occasional A320, perhaps...) Plus, LGB, OAK, and a couple of FLA markets (twice daily to those cities) bringing up a grand total just from that of...

12, (JFK/BOS)
2 (LGB)
2(OAK)
2(Ft Lauderdale)
(1 each to Ft. Myers and West Palm Beach, I suppose)

That right there is 20 or so flights!!! Those are my predictions anyway. By at least another year for this anyway...

JetBlueAUS

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:19 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 77):
12, (JFK/BOS)
2 (LGB)
2(OAK)
2(Ft Lauderdale)
(1 each to Ft. Myers and West Palm Beach, I suppose)

I'd love to see JetBlue have another focus city, but I also think they need to focus on building up their others. The only problem with this is that their slots at LGB are completely used up. I believe they are trying to get AA's slot since they left LGB back in June. Due to very, very strong restrictions, at LGB only 41 commercial flights are allowed daily. 1 x BUR would be a great alternative though. And, I'd add MCO to that list as well.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

InTheSky74

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:25 am

Wishful thinking....

JetBlue doesn't have any more slots in LGB to play with - so don't expect LGB service.

It sounds like your a hopeful JetBlue crewmember in PIT that wants more service. Little do you know that Neeleman tells EVERY city that if it does well, they will see more service.

I hope you're right and PIT does get more service, but I wouldn't expect it for a while.

Rob

LambertMan

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:27 am

I agree with this. If B6 was to stay at 6 daily flights at PIT, umm... I think that a large number of pax would scream louder than 4 DC9s at full throttle!!!!

Outside of aviation enthusiasts, nobody knows how many flights are offered out of any given airport. If the demand is there and every flight is full, JetBlue will take care of offering the service.

MAH4546

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:08 pm

It's great people are optimistic about PIT, but jetBlue's PIT customers will be connecting in JFK to get to Florida and California for a long, long time.
a.

ERJ170

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 81):
PIT customers will be connecting in JFK to get to Florida and California for a long, long time.

Any possibilities for an additional destination for CLT/RDU to be able to connect to Florida? The only option currently is TPA...

Just wondering as I thought Florida was B6 cup of tea..
Aiming High and going far..

MAH4546

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:26 pm

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 82):
Any possibilities for an additional destination for CLT/RDU to be able to connect to Florida? The only option currently is TPA...

Just wondering as I thought Florida was B6 cup of tea..

I personally don't think CLT/RDU will see anything more than possibly BOS added, but things change. Florida expansion, IMO, will be limited to MCO/FLL and will probably come more from California (with redeyes) and the Northeast.
a.

STT757

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:20 pm

I can't see B6 growing in Pitt much beyond the JFK and BOS flights, perhaps if they were to get the slots a couple LGA flights. However the notion that they are going to fly to Oakland, Burbank or Long Beach is a real stretch.

They don't even have Trans-Cons from EWR, and that's a much larger station in a much bigger market for B6.

WN is picking up the slack that US is leaving from PIT to Florida and the West Coast, all the good O&D traffic will be gobbled up by WN. B6 with JFK and BOS is picking up routes that WN will not serve, spokes for their BOS and JFK "hubs".
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

CentPIT

Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:05 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 84):
They don't even have Trans-Cons from EWR, and that's a much larger station in a much bigger market for B6.

EWR is a major hub for CO. I think CO is going to fight B6 on any route they offer out of EWR. In Pittsburgh US doesn't care anymore. B6 doesn't have the fierce competition in PIT that they do in EWR. I also think this is why IAD hasn't seen any new destinations. UA and now WN aren't going to let B6 gain any market share at Dulles. Yeah WN has 20 daily flights from PIT, but none of which are destinations that B6 would likely serve from PIT. US is not going to try and stop B6 in PIT as they are in CLT!

WN has already doubled its service at PIT, and it's now the second largest carrier there with some 20 flights carrying 90,000+ pax the most recent month. More WN cities from PIT are just on the horizon.

WN does very well in Pittsburgh, which makes me wander why they don't add a few more flights????? (BWI/IAD) (LAX/OAK)

The latest numbers from PIT (May 2006) are as follows:

US Airways--(472,293) (54.11%)

Southwest Airlines--(102,308) (11.72%)

Delta Air Lines--(62,238) (7.13%)

Here are the year-to-date numbers:

US Airways--(2,214,310) (55.72%)

Southwest Airlines--(427,709) (10.76%)

Delta Air Lines--(295,469) (7.44%)

Can't wait to see B6's numbers for the coming months!!

steeler83

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:21 am

Quoting JetBlueAUS (Reply 78):
And, I'd add MCO to that list as well.

I thought about including MCO in that list but I left it open. There are already 3 airlines serving MCO from PIT:

US, WN, and FL (even though FL has only one daily there), while WN has, I dunno 2 or 3, and US at least 4; that's 7 or 8 dailies there from PIT. (Something else to add, a few of those frequencies US runs down to MCO are A320 and 757 aircraft...)

Maybe, just maybe, B6 might fill another E90 and make that into an A320 if the demand is there to support one.

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 85):
Southwest Airlines--(102,308) (11.72%)

Ohh, my lord!!! Southwest FINALLY has cracked the 100,000 pax mark for one month!!!!  praise 

Considering the market share that DL has, it would be nice if they added SLC service, or some other flight to one of the hubs they currently serve from PIT. Ok, off that now; beating a dead horse...

CentPIT

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 86):
US, WN, and FL (even though FL has only one daily there), while WN has, I dunno 2 or 3, and US at least 4; that's 7 or 8 dailies there from PIT. (Something else to add, a few of those frequencies US runs down to MCO are A320 and 757 aircraft...)

Pittsburgh-Orlando (As of July 20, 2006)

US Airways--3 Daily departures (1 B733, 1 A320, and 1 A321)

Southwest Airlines--3 Daily departures (3 B737s)

AirTran Airways--1 Daily departure (1 B717)

I don't think we will see B6 on PIT-MCO, if they enter the Florida at all, I think it may be FLL!

luv2fly

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:45 am

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 87):
I don't think we will see B6 on PIT-MCO, if they enter the Florida at all, I think it may be FLL!

I beg to say otherwise, I could see B6 running some weekend only service to both FLL and MCO to cater to the cruise lines and capture some easy busienss.

CentPIT

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:51 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 88):
I beg to say otherwise, I could see B6 running some weekend only service to both FLL and MCO to cater to the cruise lines and capture some easy busienss.

I hope to see it, but I think FLL will come before MCO from PIT...

luv2fly

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 89):
I hope to see it, but I think FLL will come before MCO from PIT...

Actually with the amount of cruise traffic that is now offered out of MCO they both could offer it and do fine.

Noise

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:51 am

Sad to see there is so little enthusiasm for flights to Canada from JetBlue. What do they have in store for their new Embraers?

steeler83

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting Noise (Reply 91):
What do they have in store for their new Embraers?

On another thread about B6, someone posted that the E90s are going to be used for small-to-midsized markets within 1500 miles from a given hub. Coming back to the B6 service from PIT-JFK/BOS and CLT-JFK/BOS, those are mid-sized markets that might not be yet suitable to handle A320 aircraft.

People argue that B6 was foolish in going with the Embraer jets; I beg to differ. If you are going to come into smaller markets that don't have the pax base/O&D to warant an A320, an aircraft that can seat up to 150 or 160 pax, would you use an A320 to put 100 or less pax on it? With a load factor of 66% at best, I don't think so...

I see the Embraers as entering into the smaller-to-midsize markets, markets with low O&D, etc... to essentially stimulate interest in flying that route. The only difference, really, between the Embraer is that it is smaller than the A320. B6 offers the same IFE on both aircraft, leather seats, etc... Plus, it is a rather comfortable aircraft to fly on. Eventually, if some routes from those given markets improve considerably, then B6 might consider upgrading the E90 to an A320. That is my analysis of that anyway...

Although, I am sure that some would argue why they didn't go with an A318. Still the same type of aircraft but smaller. I really don't think that B6 was foolish for ordering the E90...

JetBlueGuy2006

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:18 am

Michigan soon? E-190's would fit into FNT/GRR/LAN. From all that I have seen, it will be either LAN/FNT b/c of GRR not giving break on fee's
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

CentPIT

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 92):
Coming back to the B6 service from PIT-JFK/BOS and CLT-JFK/BOS, those are mid-sized markets that might not be yet suitable to handle A320 aircraft.

PIT-BOS can support an A320, US runs them...however, B6 doesn't serve CLT-BOS as of yet!

As of July 27, 2006

US Airways-PIT-BOS: (2x CRJ, 2x B733, and 1x A320)

jetBlue Airways-PIT-BOS: (2x E90)

bnamaxx

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:07 am

I am really curious to see how B6 fares in Nashville. Aside from the initial news of their arrival it has been very quiet. No one seems overly excited. BNA-NYC isn't a booming market and JFK has never been the airport of choice for business travelers. DL tried a second CRJ flight on the route but it didn't last very long, although they are restarting it in response to B6. Does the big Blue ever pull out of cities (other than ATL)???

FA4B6

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:38 am

Quoting Bnamaxx (Reply 95):
BNA-NYC isn't a booming market and JFK has never been the airport of choice for business travelers.

Geez, does everyone on a.net think that only business travelers fly? There are other people out there who fly and/or dont mind JFK
"Leap! And the net will appear."

bnamaxx

Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:28 am

Quoting FA4B6 (Reply 96):
Geez, does everyone on a.net think that only business travelers fly? There are other people out there who fly and/or dont mind JFK

OK lemme rephrase my post because you're right, and so am I. According to the local paper, New York is only the 9th largest destination from BNA for "all" passengers and a poll put JFK a very distant 3rd as the airport of choice. Better?

jetsetsteve

Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:17 pm

I think you will see alot of connecting traffic on the BNA-JFK flights to BOS and the upstate cities. I think 3 flights a day is all you will see and maybe throw in a direct Boston flight.

bnamaxx

RE: Delta & LAX: Back To The Future

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:38 am

Quoting Jetsetsteve (Reply 98):
I think you will see alot of connecting traffic on the BNA-JFK flights to BOS and the upstate cities. I think 3 flights a day is all you will see and maybe throw in a direct Boston flight.

Don't get me wrong, I really would like to see B6 succeed here. Their arrival is apparently stimulating DL to add a second CRJ to JFK according to a friend of mine who works for DL. Maybe they will stimulate the market. As far as BOS, why not nonstop with an E90? Aforementioned friend said DL's new CRJ nonstop to BOS was full when it was a morning flight before they switched to an afternoon departure. I think the market is there for another flight. BOS was one of the last cities AA served when they were dismantling their BNA hub in the 90's. B6 will just have to do some selling since they are not a household name here yet. One only has to look at F9's success at BNA to see it IS possible.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos