Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alespesl
Topic Author

Flight From London To Norwich

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:22 pm

Hi,
I would like to our UK members if they know if there are any flights between any LON airport and NWI.

I will have some meetings with people from my businessline.

I will be in September flying from PRG via AMS to LCY and a week later from ABZ via AMS to PRG.

From NWI to ABZ, I will be flying on Eastern Airways.

The only thing is how far is it from LON to Great Yarmouth (would be flying to NWI airport and take a taxi from there on).

I dont wanna take a train or drive. I would prefer to fly and my company as well. Are there any flights between LON and NWI?

Thanks for your help.

Christa

RE: Flight From London To Norwich

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:53 pm

There are no flights between NWI and LON. The train would probably be the quickest option for travel between NWI and LON. I believe that trains run every 30 mins between Norwich and London Liverpool Street. Journey time is just under 2 hours.

Hope I've been of help!

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

7LBAC111

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:11 am

London to Norwich, depending on your starting point, is only around 90 miles, so an air service wouldn't be too feasible. As Christa says, the train service is your most reliable frequent method of travel.

7L
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

Christa

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:17 am

The only option that I can really think of you using would be to fly NWI-MAN-LON or NWI-AMS-LON. However, it seems pretty pointless and time consuming to me. Get the train  Wink

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

jamesontheroad

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:31 am

I believe Air Anglia (which later become Air-UK and then KLM-UK) offered NWI - LHR back in the seventies, but I could be wrong. City to city there is no demand, and KLM offers worldwide connections from AMS, so there's never really been the need for a feeder to a UK hub.

*j*

Capital146

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting Jamesontheroad (Reply 4):
I believe Air Anglia (which later become Air-UK and then KLM-UK) offered NWI - LHR back in the seventies, but I could be wrong.

Correct! In fact Air UK operated the service until March 1990. The route operated as LHR-NWI-HUY and vice versa, with Shorts 360's plying the route three times each day.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gary Watt - AirTeamImages

Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

alespesl
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:29 am

Thank you guys for your responses. I thought That there might not be any flights between these two cities. Do you know any train website, where I can book trains or what train company operates this route.

LS737

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:31 am

Quoting Alespesl (Reply 6):
Thank you guys for your responses. I thought That there might not be any flights between these two cities. Do you know any train website, where I can book trains or what train company operates this route.

You can book tickets for all UK rail journeys at www.thetrainline.com
Services operate to/from London Liverpool Street and are operated by the oddly named One Railway.

[Edited 2006-07-11 23:33:25]

[email protected]

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:33 am

I travel London-Norwich-London regularly.

As aforementioned, One has an half-hourly frequency during the week (try not to travel on a Sunday with all the maintenance). It takes just under 2 hours. If you book even just a couple of days in advance, you can almost always get a £5 one-way deal.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

alespesl
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:38 am

Quoting LS737 (Reply 7):
You can book tickets for all UK rail journeys at www.thetrainline.com
Services operate to/from London Liverpool Street and are operated by the oddly named One Railway.

Thanks again for your help.

Humberside

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:42 am

Quoting Capital146 (Reply 5):
Correct! In fact Air UK operated the service until March 1990. The route operated as LHR-NWI-HUY and vice versa, with Shorts 360's plying the route three times each day.

Shame the route went, especially as it did well  Sad
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

gilesdavies

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:47 am

Here is a link to the traintable between London and Norwich.
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this.)

http://www.onerailway.com/timetable/...ne_10_2006/s-norwich-to-london.pdf

The train route is operated by One Railways and detailed below is a link to their website. This will allow you to book tickets, view fares and timetables.

http://www.onerailway.com

(Tip: Train fares in the UK are a rip off and especially if you buy a "walk on ticket". If you know the dates you are travelling, I would recommend you book in advance and could make a considrable saving!)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos