Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

trickijedi
Topic Author

Airlines Flying SIN-CCU Besides SQ?

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:30 am

Hi all,

I'm wondering which other airlines fly SIN-CCU besides SQ? SQ is fine with me however they only fly 4x a week. I know Jetstar Asia used to have flights for this route but cancelled them.

Thanks!
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

blrBird

RE: Airlines Flying SIN-CCU Besides SQ?

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:17 pm

I dont think anyone else fly that route.
from star dust....

kaitak744

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:20 pm

Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, and Singapore. Now, if you want to transfer at say Bangkok, or Chennai, then you have more options.

eta unknown

Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:02 am

Royal Brunei also flew the route which extended to DXB- as a matter of fact, they were the only carrier flying CCU-DXB for years. Service was with a 757, then when those were phased out, upgraded to 763 which proved too large for the route, so the SIN-CCU-DXB sectors were dropped.

trickijedi
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:01 am

Quoting ETA Unknown (Reply 3):
Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, and Singapore. Now, if you want to transfer at say Bangkok, or Chennai, then you have more options.

Kaitak744, I don't mind connecting at all. Please do suggest other options if you know if any for connecting flights. Final destination of DEL is also an option.
Also, I thought Jet Airways discontinued SIN-CCU. I will have to check again. This is actually one of the reasons why I thought SQ was my only option.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

trickijedi
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:04 am

Quoting ETA Unknown (Reply 3):
Royal Brunei also flew the route which extended to DXB- as a matter of fact, they were the only carrier flying CCU-DXB for years. Service was with a 757, then when those were phased out, upgraded to 763 which proved too large for the route, so the SIN-CCU-DXB sectors were dropped.

This is unfortunate because I actually do like Royal Brunei. Went to their website and yes, they no longer fly to CCU... or anywhere in India. Sad

kaitak744

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Quoting Trickijedi (Reply 4):

Kaitak744, I don't mind connecting at all. Please do suggest other options if you know if any for connecting flights. Final destination of DEL is also an option.
Also, I thought Jet Airways discontinued SIN-CCU. I will have to check again. This is actually one of the reasons why I thought SQ was my only option.

I fly this sector alot (south east Asia to India), and I can tell you, there are MANY options. For DEL from SIN, depending on how much you want to spend, SQ, MH, TG, 9W, are all options with reasonably good service (SQ and MH being the best). Cathay Pacific also does it, if you want to go that far.

Also, for CCU, one stop options are again SQ, MH, TG, 9W, Biman Bangladesh, and Air Sahara.

trickijedi
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Quoting Kaitak744 (Reply 6):
I fly this sector alot (south east Asia to India), and I can tell you, there are MANY options. For DEL from SIN, depending on how much you want to spend, SQ, MH, TG, 9W, are all options with reasonably good service (SQ and MH being the best). Cathay Pacific also does it, if you want to go that far.

Also, for CCU, one stop options are again SQ, MH, TG, 9W, Biman Bangladesh, and Air Sahara.

Excellent! I will be busy looking for flights tomorrow.

Thanks!

Nimish

Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:11 pm

Try Amadeus' online schedules at: http://www.amadeus.net/home/new/en/timetable_en.htm (you may need to register to gain access, but I think this can be accessed without registration).

Ignore 3K's flight on that list, 1A has probably not been updated to reflect 3K withdrawing from that sector.
Incredible India!

trickijedi
Topic Author

Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:56 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 8):
Try Amadeus' online schedules at: http://www.amadeus.net/home/new/en/timetable_en.htm (you may need to register to gain access, but I think this can be accessed without registration).

Ignore 3K's flight on that list, 1A has probably not been updated to reflect 3K withdrawing from that sector.

This is helpful as well, thanks. Very comprehensive.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos