Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

britannia191a
Topic Author

BA Connect MAN-BFS

Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:22 am

Hi
Well folks I am taking a huge step forward Saturday 29th July and I am taking a flight by myself. I am a very nervous passenger and able to fly with my family with the addition of beta blockers but the last 5 years have failed to fly on my own. I have booked a flight to take that step and already regretting it but I do need to do this and I hope I will get on that plane without panicking.
It appears to be a Dash 8 on this route, what are these planes like to fly on , never been. Are the clausterphobic, how longs the actual flight time and what is Belfast City like for 6 hours, is it good to watch planes there.
If theres any BA personnel in operations or cabin crew who will be involved in that flight I would appreciate any help to get on board. Are BA helpful with nervous passengers. Wheres the best place on a Dash 8 for me to sit?
Thanks

7LBAC111

RE: BA Connect MAN-BFS

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:22 am

The Dash8 is a great little plane to fly on. They ahve about 50 seats, and are realy quite spacious. I always plump for seat 3F. Row 1 faces backwards, so you might not like that, and consequently Row 2 looks directly at the person sitting in Row 1. In 3F you can see everything going on, you're forward of the prop, and often close enough to hear the automated voices in the cockpit when your approaching the airport.

As for BHD. Well it's not the most fantastic airport there. It does have a really nice approach over the city though, or along the coast, depending on which way you are landing. My advice is, for 6 hours, grab a cab into the city for £7.00, have a walk about, and grab a cab back. Black Cabs are fine too.

BA run numerous nerous courses, and ironically BHD is often used. PErhaps it's because the flight time is little more than 40minutes, and you get to experience a takeoff and landing in reasonably quick succession.

EIther way, I sympathise with you, but would urge you to bite the bullet and make the trip. You'll really enjoy it, and will make things a whole lot easier for yourself.

Mark
7L
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

britannia191a
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:14 am

Hi 7LBAC11
Thanks very much for the info, it has given me the confidence to, as you say "bite the bullet" , thanks

[email protected]

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:24 am

I also like the DH3 - and I can't wait to fly aboard the DH4.

You really should go for it.  Smile

All the best.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

BA787

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:01 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 1):
BA run numerous nerous courses, and ironically BHD is often used. PErhaps it's because the flight time is little more than 40minutes, and you get to experience a takeoff and landing in reasonably quick succession

I've heard of these, any idea if they cost?

7LBAC111

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:31 am

Oh yes they cost. About £235.00. Check out this website:

http://www.aviatours.co.uk/venues.html

7L

BA787

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:32 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 5):
Oh yes they cost. About £235.00. Check out this website:

Shoulda known nothing would be free with BA

lol

Tom

7LBAC111

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:35 am

Haha. But seriously, these cost a lot for BA to operate. Considering the time and effort they go to, I actually think £235.00 is quite reasonable. It's a full day, and can set you up for happy flying for life.

However, from a marketing perspective, people who attend these courses are likely to travel BA frequently in future. I guess therein lies the attraction to BA.

7L

BA787

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:42 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 7):
Haha. But seriously, these cost a lot for BA to operate. Considering the time and effort they go to, I actually think £235.00 is quite reasonable. It's a full day, and can set you up for happy flying for life.

However, from a marketing perspective, people who attend these courses are likely to travel BA frequently in future. I guess therein lies the attraction to BA.

Is it a private flight then or jujst a supervised schedule flight. I have a brother whos a really nervous flyer so this could be good for him.
If its private then the cost is justified

Tom

7LBAC111

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:46 am

I think its totally private.

7L

BA787

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:47 am

Cheers

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 9):