Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

burnsie28
Topic Author

All Liquids, Gels, And Lotions Now Banned.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:17 am

Well, thanks to the idiots in Britain (terrorist, not the people there), all lotions, liquids, gels, including hair gel, shampoo and anything like it are now banned on all US flights.

This is rediculous, thanks to the government airlines are going to lose business because of this, most business travelers don't need to check any bags, and with all this inconvienience its going to happen. Pathetic.

ThePRGuy

RE: All Liquids, Gels, And Lotions Now Banned.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:19 am

Bottles of water are currently banned, and mothers with babys are being forced to sample the milk from their bottles PERSONALLY to prove they are not explosives.
I never thought it would come to this!
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

airfrnt

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:26 am

Quoting Burnsie28 (Thread starter):
Well, thanks to the idiots in Britain (terrorist, not the people there), all lotions, liquids, gels, including hair gel, shampoo and anything like it are now banned on all US flights.

This is rediculous, thanks to the government airlines are going to lose business because of this, most business travelers don't need to check any bags, and with all this inconvienience its going to happen. Pathetic.

There is something interesting here. For whatever reason the UK and the US governments know exactly the type of explosive being used here. It sounds like the plan was to smuggle this in via bottles of water, lotion etc. It also sounds like these can be found via bomb detection machines (which all checked luggage has to go through) but not the X-ray/standard screening mechanisms used at Airports.

airbazar

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:31 am

It's a freekin' joke. If a security person can't tell the difference between water/milk or some sort of liquid explosive or flamable material, they should be fired. And my tax dollars are paying for these idiots.

aviationwiz

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:34 am

Is it a safe bet that any liquids purchased post-security can still be brought on, or is that out of the question as well?
Proudly from the Home of the Red Tail.

KaiGywer

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:35 am

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 4):
It's a freekin' joke. If a security person can't tell the difference between water/milk or some sort of liquid explosive or flamable material, they should be fired. And my tax dollars are paying for these idiots.

Many liquid explosives are clear and look exactly like water.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

ThePRGuy

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:36 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 6):

Correct - we are at critical here, as you know, no chance can be taken.
I'm sure its very hard for airport security right now.

pensacolaguy

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:53 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 1):

And its probably..going to get worse...

Maybe one day, we will see...
-Strip searches for EVERY passenger.
-Armed guards on every flight.
-The end of carry on luggage.
-Pay to have checked in luggage. (All ready starting)
-Video camera's on airplanes. (Should of already happened..But it hasn't)
-DNA Verification of the passenger.

Just a thought...

ThePRGuy

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:04 am

Quoting Pensacolaguy (Reply 10):

Probably yes

That would cause more trouble than not

widebodyphotog

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:09 am

Quoting AirFrnt (Reply 2):
There is something interesting here. For whatever reason the UK and the US governments know exactly the type of explosive being used here. It sounds like the plan was to smuggle this in via bottles of water, lotion etc. It also sounds like these can be found via bomb detection machines (which all checked luggage has to go through) but not the X-ray/standard screening mechanisms used at Airports.

This is a critical point which my instinctively cynical mind can not let go of. The intelligence authorities knew exactly who the suspects were, what the terrorist were planning to do and how they were going to do it. They intercepted the plot before the terrorist even got to an airport right? Then why burden the rest of with these hassles and ineffective measures that cost us and operators vast sums of money and do not make us one bit safer than we were the minute before these procedures went in to place. Are they saying we are all suspects?

Delving deeper into my cynicism I am inclined to think that the ridiculous security measure serves a purpose other than the ostensible one, which is to condition us to submit to the invasive authority of the government at every level. These ever intrusive security measures enacted on a blanket basis without regard to the threat profile of the individual do not make us safer. They make our lives more stressful, rob us of our time, dignity and privacy, while making air travel increasingly more expensive and burdensome...

Just spouting off

-widebodyphotog
If you know what's really going on then you'll know what to do

gilesdavies

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:22 am

***STOP PRESS - NEWS FLASH***

I have just had reports coming in that after all this, there was no terrorist trying to blow up any aircrafts!

It was the shops and restaurants in the departure area of airports and low cost carriers that sell drinks on flights - making the news up! In order for them to sell more drinks and liquids and increase their revenue...

Wink

Sorry I couldn't resist that! Even though the news is serious, no one has been killed and thought I would have some light hearted humour...

I can't really comment on airports in the US. But in the UK once you clear security the retailers in the departure area usually completely rip you off, and frequently charge you up to double for the same products sold on the UK high street.

I bet they are loving all the extra sales of drinks, now passengers cannot bring with them into the airport!

airfrnt

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:25 am

Quoting Widebodyphotog (Reply 15):

This is a critical point which my instinctively cynical mind can not let go of. The intelligence authorities knew exactly who the suspects were, what the terrorist were planning to do and how they were going to do it. They intercepted the plot before the terrorist even got to an airport right? Then why burden the rest of with these hassles and ineffective measures that cost us and operators vast sums of money and do not make us one bit safer than we were the minute before these procedures went in to place. Are they saying we are all suspects?

I think this may be the first time I have ever disagreed with you. Please don't take it personally, You are still on my RR list  Wink

But in this case there are two problems. The first is the actual current plot. The current cell appears to be mostly rolled up. However, there are at least 2 people outstanding that we know about and possibly more according to this morning's reporting.

This is a very large cell. People should not ignore that. 21 terrorists is a very large force. It's not Richard Reid.

The second problem is the technological problem. This is a new type of bomb that the current system is not equipped for. Al Qaeda lives on this kind of exploitation. Ie, Box cutters on planes instead of guns.

What makes it even worse is that this is a mixer attack. That means that there are materials that might not neccessarily be flagged by bomb detection machines that can be used to crash a plane. This means that even though the cell might have been stripped, two people are still enough to crash a plane, blow up a train, or trigger a suicide bombing.

I think some American tourists in Manchester on CNN said it best:
"I'm thankful that we are safe, and proud that they figured it out"

Quoting Widebodyphotog (Reply 15):

Delving deeper into my cynicism I am inclined to think that the ridiculous security measure serves a purpose other than the ostensible one, which is to condition us to submit to the invasive authority of the government at every level. These ever intrusive security measures enacted on a blanket basis without regard to the threat profile of the individual do not make us safer. They make our lives more stressful, rob us of our time, dignity and privacy, while making air travel increasingly more expensive and burdensome...

I disagree here. Al Qaeda buzz has been very high lately, and there was clear signs from Zawahiri that a attack cycle was starting. The fact that it has taken 5 years since the last attack is awesome. The fact that Al Qaeda's major command elements seems to be neutralized is also positive. But this is a larger scale problem and really will never go away until we stop pumping millions into the Persian Gulf.

j_hallgren

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:27 am

With all the stuff that is getting pulled from luggage today, too bad some of it, like shampoo and lotions and such couldn't be collected and given to homeless for their use...I'm sure they wouldn't be that picky...
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

mirrodie

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:32 am

Listen, at the rate we are going, dont be surprised if the "powers" that be soon decide that flying butt naked is the only way to go..

The whole situation is entirely ridiculous.

Yep, looking forward to flying naked soon, for security reasons, of course.

Might be a tad bit uncomfortable on those JetBlue seats.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

BCAInfoSys

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:33 am

Is this just for carry-on bags, or checked bags as well?
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:36 am

I'm surprised it took the feds this long to finally do this. It's been bugging me since 2001. Every member of a plot could carry on a separate ingredient.

Take 60 grams of gel A. Add 30 ml of liquid B. Mix thouroughly in glass bottle C. Add a pinch of granulated D. Place mixture under seat.

We all know that lots of safe, innocuous things become nasty when mixed. Be careful of what you mix when cleaning the kitchen or loo. You can open the windows and run outside if in a house. But what do you do at 37000 feet?

I've been able to carry a 120 ml bottle of alcohol gel hand sanitizer in my pocket for years while boarding aircraft. Never a question from security. You know what caterers use to keep food warm at a wedding reception?

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

YULWinterSkies

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:41 am

Quoting Aviationwiz (Reply 4):
Is it a safe bet that any liquids purchased post-security can still be brought on, or is that out of the question as well?

No. Duty free shops are closed, and this is in Canada, which is not the centre of the universe of the terrorist threats (although things have changed a bit recently). And apparently (this is at YUL this morning according to Radio-Canada), restaurants post-security can't sell bottles.

I guess this drastic rule will not stay long and this is only an answer to the panic. I can see no bottles in the restaurants (who cares in the government if guests are thirsty?), but no duty-free shops is not a thing that will happen anytime soon...

Welcome in a dry world...
When I doubt... go running!

Outlier

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:43 am

Hmm, where to begin

Well, thanks to the idiots in Britain (terrorist, not the people there),

Terrorists are NOT idiots. But Burnsie seems to be anti-Israel.

You are blaming the government? How about the terrorists?

Business travelers need to change their paradigm.

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 1):
Bottles of water are currently banned, and mothers with babys are being forced to sample the milk from their bottles PERSONALLY to prove they are not explosives.

As recently as 2005 people were being asked to sample their drinks, even breast milk, for security, or only unopened bottles of water or pop were allowed, etc.

Quoting AirFrnt (Reply 2):
There is something interesting here. For whatever reason the UK and the US governments know exactly the type of explosive being used here.

Yes, interesting. I'm not a chemist, but I know from my work experience that there are many "non explosive looking" explosives out there. They definitly hit on something, and there are far too many ways to disquise this stuff in common carry on items.

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 4):

I respectfully suggest you don't know what you are talking about.

Quoting Aviationwiz (Reply 5):

Sounds like you're not getting anything like that onboard.

Maybe one day, we will see...
-Strip searches for EVERY passenger.
-The end of carry on luggage.
-Pay to have checked in luggage. (All ready starting)
-Video camera's on airplanes. (Should of already happened..But it hasn't)
-DNA Verification of the passenger.

Strip searches: can be done electronically, and that will be pushed for hard now. However the present situation isn't about concealment on the person, but materials disguised as ordinary objects.

Armed guards: supposed to be on many flights undercover. However they cannot prevent a passenger in their seat from doing something under a blanket, etc. Other passengers have to be alert to what is going on around them.

Carry on: never going to end, but more restrictions. A true definition of "needed" and "required." Could see the end of cell phones, ipods, laptops on board. But probably not in the long run.

Checked in luggage: you have always paid for this, its in your ticket price. There have always been limits on the number of bags without incurring "excess baggage" fees. Recently the weight per item, and the total weight per traveler has come under greater scruitny. No big deal.

In cabin video: debated, discussed, won't stop too many possible activities. All someone has to do is get out the blanket, fiddle with their material under that. At most video will help prosecute irate passengers for abusing FAs, etc. Might be of some use in spotting suspicious activity post-flight, but the effort to do that would be far too great. FAs, passengers, we can be alert and see strange things - many have done so and reported same.

DNA: part of the "know the passenger" effort. Useless when terrorists use their real identities. Currently 9 of 11 Egyptian "students" are on the loose in our country. They used their real names (so far as I know), so DNA wouldn't have done much there.

A lot rests on passengers paying attention to what is going on around them. You see the guy next to you taking apart his camera, his laptop, or the woman doing something strange with her tampons and her nail polish: ask them what they are doing, be curious, don't be afraid to question odd behavior.

ZRH

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:45 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 5):

Yes, but it is still extremely ridiculous. If I wanted to take a bottle of water with me I could be forced to drink out of it, this would be enough prove.

ThePRGuy

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:46 am

Quoting Outlier (Reply 31):
But Burnsie seems to be anti-Israel.

Yes, I picked up on that one....

Gr8Circle

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:48 am

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 3):

I challenge you to correctly identify similar looking milky liquids (or clear liquids for that matter) in bottles, with an impatient pax standing in front of you and a couple of dozen more lined up behind him.......

Please understand that the security is there for your safety....if all the concerned persons had not done their jobs today, we a.nutters could have very well have been discussing the horror of 10 odd aircrafts downed and hundreds killed, right now....please go on paying your precious tax dollars, because there's someone out there doing his/her job to protect you....and it's your precious tax dollars that keep them there....

Desh

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:52 am

Methinks most complains about security are based on the premise that dying in a ball of fire @ 35K feet is something that happens to other people.

Given the two choices - fireballs and vaporization @ 35 K feet Vs. heightened security I ll take the later any day ...
"History is merely a list of surprises. It can only prepare us to be surprised yet again." - Kurt Vonnegut

KaiGywer

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:59 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 32):
Yes, but it is still extremely ridiculous. If I wanted to take a bottle of water with me I could be forced to drink out of it, this would be enough prove.

I agree with this. My quote was more directed at this:

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 3):
If a security person can't tell the difference between water/milk or some sort of liquid explosive or flamable material, they should be fired
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

j_hallgren

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:03 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 32):

Someone on GMA today said that some hazardous liquids could be consumed by a terrorist given that they would only plan to live for another few hours anyway...so just drinking it wouldn't prove it's safe...
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

warreng24

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:13 am

Any reference to an actual source on this? Press release from the TSA?

Dtw757

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:14 am

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/...eat-change-passenger_guidance.shtm

The latest information from the TSA concerning liquids.
721,2,732,3,4,5,G,8,9,741,2,3,4,752,3,762,3,4,772,3,788,D93,5,M80,D10,M11,L10,100,AB6,319,20,21,332,3,346,388,146,CR2,7,

Delta787

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:22 am

Of course its the usual bullshit with some people complaining about the enhanced security measures. Would you rather die in the air because of a liquid explosive or have to go through the hightened security. Ill choose the second one. As for the security financially hurting the airlines, I think the airlines would be having more problems if several planes had gotten blown out of the sky.
Fly Delta!

aeronuts

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:23 am

Quoting J_Hallgren (Reply 39):
Quoting ZRH (Reply 32):

Someone on GMA today said that some hazardous liquids could be consumed by a terrorist given that they would only plan to live for another few hours anyway...so just drinking it wouldn't prove it's safe...

It is a tough call for DHS or TSA, just because he/she carries a baby on board does not automatically eliminate the person as a terrorist. Terrorist can also adapt and improvise.

ThePRGuy

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:24 am

Quoting Delta787 (Reply 43):
Would you rather die in the air because of a liquid explosive or have to go through the hightened security. Ill choose the second one

Which is what I have been telling every sucker in the office who are complaining about it.
Welcome to my Respected Users list

Manta

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:35 am

Greetings,

I can't seem to find an answer to my question, and I don't want to bother the CSA's as I can imagine they are all busy dealing with more important issues. However, there doesn't seem to be any solid answer anywhere at all.

Are laptops/ipods specifically banned on domestic US flights or just US <-> UK flights?

Thanks.

blueflyer

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting Manta (Reply 55):
Are laptops/ipods specifically banned on domestic US flights or just US <-> UK flights?

US - UK

What's banned on domestic flights is most forms of liquid.

airbazar

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:07 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 5):

But do they smell and taste the same?
By the way, I'm not familiar with any liquid explosives but then again I'm no expert on this. Neverheless, the explosive by itself is no good, you'd still need a detonator and that's what they should be looking for, not bottles with liquid in them.

KDCA

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:33 am

I'd say it's a good time to invest in executive aviation.

BoomBoom

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:37 am

Quote:
Why liquids? What were these weapons? One possibility is hydrogen cyanide. Ron Suskind's book revealed the terrorist breakthrough in a device called a "mubtakkar" that can be easily concealed in a carry-on bag and once detonated, kills everyone in a confined space within minutes. It's a variant of the Zyklon B innovated by the Nazis.
http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/200....html
Our eyes are open, our eyes are open--wide, wide, wide...

SeeTheWorld

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 am

I Just talked to a buddy of mine who flew from Washington IAD to Denver on the noon flight today and just arrived in Denver. He got to Dulles around 9am this morning. While there were signs stating you couldn't take liquids on the plane, neither he nor any one around him was asked nor was his luggage or anyone else's checked for liquids. I was astounded to hear the only change at Dulles was signs, but nothing proactive was done.

MesaMXORD

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:23 am

Random but here at ORD we got our trunks checked at the employee lot entrance, and I saw the signs on MC Donalds in the terminal that you cannot have liquids so I am guessing they are not allowed at all.
MESA - fighting common sense one day at a time

WildcatYXU

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:41 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 38):

Well, that's not necessarily true. To create an explosive you usually need a fuel and oxidizer. While the fuel can be safe, the oxidizer would likely create an immediate reaction and who drank it, most likely wouldn't make it to the gate. BTW, substances that can be used as oxidizers are banned from aviation long time ago. AFAIK those can't be shipped even as air cargo.

BoomBoom mentioned as possible weapon HCN. Sampling that at the checkpoint would kill the terrorist (and everybody in the vicinity) immediately.
FYI, it wasn't used only by the Nazis. It was (and maybe still is) used for executions in those states of USA, that used for execution gas chamber.

Widebodyphotog, well said. Welcome to my RU list.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

LONGisland89

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:08 pm

Can i bring deoderant, not gel but like a stick. I am flying AA domestic tomorrow and was just wondering because I hate smelling like a bull.

darrenthe747

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:49 pm

Quoting KDCA (Reply 33):
I'd say it's a good time to invest in executive aviation.

If you have an extra $80,000 to fly one way across the pond.
All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

jyatlantic

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:53 pm

New policies absolutely rediculous. So glad I completed all my legs this summer before August...I don't think I'll be flying commercial for awhile.

miami1

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:58 pm

Ive got a question.
Are flight attendants and pilots allowed to still take there own hand luggage onboard for day trips and overnights? are there bathroom products banned as well , just like the pax,?

unitednrt

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:15 pm

All Japan to US flights have the same regulations pertaining to them.

[Edited 2006-08-11 08:21:26]
"...That's a lovely name. My name's Milton; Milton Ettenheim, but my friends call me Bubbles."

Caspian27

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:29 pm

I agree with everyone here who has said something to the effect of "would you rather die in a ball of fire at FL370 or be safe." Obviously I want to be safe. If something did happen I'm just going to hit the ground first (which doesn't mean much at that point except a better view). Of course I want security to be effective. As flying is my livlihood my life literally and figuratively depends on it.

What bothers me about this whole thing is that common sense seems to have flown out the window. At first the TSA was even taking stuff away from flight crews, obviously the pilots are a real threat to safety. So they're taking someones Sprite or Coke or water away at the gate. All of that is still available on board. What's to stop someone from getting those items from the FA on board anyway? Are we going to stop people from drinking at all?

Listen to me carefully with this next statement because it is not intended to be anti-anyone or unnaccepting of someone's choice or heritage. Everyone is entitled to make their own choices and live with the ramifications of those choices good or bad. So why punish everyone for the misdeeds of one group? I know today's post-modern society is all about acceptance and diversity but there is always a similarity to these threats: a Middle eastern Islamic background. I realize that most Islamic people aren't terrorists...but those that are threatening us are. Why search everyone when we can focus our efforts on searching individuals that are more likely threats. As others in other forums today have aptly pointed out that it is a choice not a right to fly, so if we choose to fly we need to be willing to give up certain "liberties" like bringing our own food, water, etc on board. The same argument could be made for only searching likely candidates; if you choose to fly you need to be willing to be searched. You've given up your liberty right there.

If someone wants to bring something on board bad enough I'm sure they'd find a way. My point in a nutshell is we need to look for PEOPLE not PROPERTY. They can't do anything if we don't let them on the plane. They should be wiser with who they search not put further limits as to what can and can't be taken on a plane.

(Hated to say that but hadn't heard anyone else mention anything along these lines. Thoughts?)

C27
Meanwhile, somewhere 35,000 ft above your head...

KLM685

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Quoting UnitedNRT (Reply 42):
All Japan to US flights have the same regulations pertaining to them.

Such as US flights to Mexico and viceversa, I heard there was a caos with the US airlines at MEX today.
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

unitednrt

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:34 pm

I guess the only logical things to do for flights from Asia to the US is double beverages put on board, increase potable water, and have more inflight service provided by FAs.
"...That's a lovely name. My name's Milton; Milton Ettenheim, but my friends call me Bubbles."

aeroplan73

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:52 pm

Quoting YULWinterSkies (Reply 17):
No. Duty free shops are closed, and this is in Canada, which is not the centre of the universe of the terrorist threats (although things have changed a bit recently). And apparently (this is at YUL this morning according to Radio-Canada), restaurants post-security can't sell bottles.

I never thought I would see this kind of knee jerk reaction in Canada. As if some terror group will plot against a flight from Winnipeg to Regina or something.

I can see certain bans for international departures to the US, but not inside Canada.
I remember, the choices were chicken or fish. I had the lasagna.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:34 pm

Anyone know if they are still boarding amenity kits with toiletries in premium cabins for long-haul flights? Are they putting stricter controls on all the catering, and things like soap in the lavs, i.e., all the otherwise banned substaces that are put on board by the airline or their contractors?
7 hours aint long-haul

rootsair

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:53 pm

This is the most pathetic thing ever. One day some terrorist will put fire on his clothes and after that no more passenger will be able to wear clothes inside an airplane. U.S authorities are extremely capable of doing that.
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

superhub

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:05 pm

This whole thing really confuses me.

After 9/11, counter-terrorism officials have been thinking hard about what kind of methods terrorists would come up with to hijack/blow up planes. Surely, they would have thought about liquid bombs? If the terrorists could think it, they would probably have thought about that too?

So why 5 years after 9/11 we are still getting X-ray machines that cannot detect liquid bombs? Why suddenly ban all these liquid on board when terrorists actually had the chance to set off liquid bombs in the past five years? Shouldn't they have bought/tuned their machines to detect liquid bombs straight after 9/11?

I think it's just absurd to suddenly ban every single liquid on board just because they have arrested these people. If they ban it today, they should have banned it long ago. And they should have done the liquid bomb-detection machines well before now.

AirWillie6475

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:17 pm

this is only temporary don't get your panties in a knot. Even if it will be permanent it sure is better having this extra security than blowing up midair and thinking you shoud have put up with the extra 5 minues of waiting in line. Plus most likely airlines or airports can establish new revenue by selling this stuff post security check.

[Edited 2006-08-11 10:19:50]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos