Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

slcdeltarumd11

RE: DL Turns SLC Into West's Largest Hub

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 149):
Keep in mind the current SLC terminal was built to handle only 10-15 million passengers per year and just the minimum of that is now O&D. I've also heard of some talk of extending the D concourse so planes don't have to wait for a gate. Even with a few less mainline flights, SLC is still hampered with gate gridlock. Take a look at how the E concourse has grown in just a very short period of time. The economy parking are is also being expanded significantly,

I was waiting for a connecting flight last week at like 5pm at the end of a concourse. There was a 75 to orlando, a 75 to philly, a plane to chicago, houston, and hartord all leaving at the same time. All of the gates were at the end of the concourse(extremely close to each other) it was so crowded there were not even seats for half the people waiting for all those flghts in a very small area. Some expansion to the terminal needs to be done but i think the runway extension should be number one on the priority list.

SLCUT2777

RE: DL Turns SLC Into West's Largest Hub

Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:29 am

Quoting Slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 150):
I was waiting for a connecting flight last week at like 5pm at the end of a concourse. There was a 75 to orlando, a 75 to philly, a plane to chicago, houston, and hartord all leaving at the same time. All of the gates were at the end of the concourse(extremely close to each other) it was so crowded there were not even seats for half the people waiting for all those flghts in a very small area. Some expansion to the terminal needs to be done but i think the runway extension should be number one on the priority list.

There is considerable talk of doing that to 16L-34R and building a viaduct over 2200 North Street for the taxiways and runway. Apparently this will impact Great Salt Lake wetlands less than doing it out on 16R-34L on the west side. It will require 3,000' more to get to that 15,000' length where weight restricted departures will no longer be an issue, even for something like a 777-300ER. Delta's C & D concourses are very heavily impacted and need to be extended. I believe concourse B is DL overflow as well as the gates for UA, AC, F9, WN and B6. Concourse E most of which is very modular and serves as the international flight area to Mexico (Canadian mainline flights use the regular concourses), but mostly as the CRJ, EMB-120 base for SkyWest. That place is always busy!
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos