Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyPNS1
Topic Author

DL To Add Trenton, NJ (to ATL/BOS)?

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:33 pm

According to local media, DL will soon be announcing new nonstop service to Trenton, NJ (TTN). DL will fly TTN-ATL and TTN-BOS using the CRJ.

It's an interesting move to bracket PHL from the south with service to ILG and now from the north with TTN. The question remains can DL woo customers when PHL offers lots of low-fare options?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...AID=/20060816/NEWS01/60816006/1006

CALMSP

RE: DL To Add Trenton, NJ (to ATL/BOS)?

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:50 pm

woo customers or woo TSA personnel to the little airport???!!!

Humberside

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:52 pm

Could this mean the end of the Pan Am Clipper Connection/Boston Maine Trenton-Bedford service>?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

jumbojet

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:57 pm

wow, isnt Teterboro airport a larger airport then Trenton's?

ORDagent

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Teterboro may be physically larger but IIRC they don't have the infrastructure for commercial flights.

ERJ170

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 pm

But I bet ILN and TTN is easeir to get in and out of.. as well as probably very little delays like the Hades which is Philadelphia International Airport.. Arrrgh.. hate that place so bad.
Aiming High and going far..

DAL767400ER

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Quoting ORDagent (Reply 4):
Teterboro may be physically larger but IIRC they don't have the infrastructure for commercial flights.

That, and imagine the outrage if scheduled flights were to be announced. The NIMBYs there would go berserk worse than NIMBYs of BOS, PHL and ORD combined.
Now, as far DL goes, well, ATL-TTN could happen, at least for a few months, but BOS-TTN? Don't really see that happening.

usairways85

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:36 pm

With regards to using ILG or TTN instead of PHL, it all depends on where you are coming from. If you are a little south of Philly in PA or NJ then maybe you would go to ILG. If you live a little north you may go to TTN. The thing is chances are you will ultimately have to connect to get to your main destination. Where as at PHL you probably would not have to.

I also don't see the BOS flts working. I mean you have around 24 flts a day to the Boston Area from PHL all at low fares. Then you have probably the same number of flts if not a few less from EWR to BOS. Then add in Amtrak

boeingguy1

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:42 pm

TTN? Good lord... the last "real" commercial service i can remember out of there was Shuttle America, before the US takeover. Those rickety old props were something to remember!
"...Gatwick South!? Id rather crash in Brighton!"

jumbojet

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 pm

Wasn't much in the database, some US Air shuttles and this

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Cary Liao

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ralph M. Pettersen

EWRandMDW

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:29 am

I hope it's true, although having to connect in ATL is a taste of hell in my opinion. I do business with companies in Mercer Cty, NJ and flying into TTN would be far easier for me than PHL and then having to drive 50+ miles thru Philly to Trenton. Til now I've flown into Newark and taken US1 or the Turnpike, and that's no joy either. I hope this service happens, is successful, and encourages other carriers to begin flying to other destinations (Chicago, please!!!!).

N702ML

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 9):
some US Air shuttles and this

As far as "And this".....

The Eastwind schedules I have show:

June 6, 1996:
TTN-BOS (2 daily)
TTN-GSO (2 daily)
TTN-PVD (1 daily)
TTN-RIC (2 daily)

May 12, 1997:
TTN-BOS (2 daily)
TTN-GSO (3 daily)

October 16, 1997:
TTN-BOS (2 daily)
TTN-GSO (3 daily)
TTN-IAD (2 daily beginning 01Dec97)

February 12, 1998:
TTN-GSO (4 daily)

April 6, 1998:
TTN-BOS (2 daily)
TTN-GSO (4 daily)

May 18, 1998:
TTN-BOS (2 daily)
TTN-GSO (4 daily)
TTN-IAD (2 daily)

September 9, 1998:
TTN-BOS (3 daily)
TTN-GSO (4 daily)

June 1, 1999:
TTN-BOS (1 daily)
TTN-GSO (2 daily)
TTN-LGA (1 flight on Mon, Tue, Wed Only)
The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Southwest Airlines.

rampart

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:57 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 3):

Yes, and in a completely different metropolitan area! I think you missed the point. Still, I imagine TTN could attract passengers from the western NYC metro (like Morris and Somerset counties), as well as northern/eastern PHI traffic.

Quoting Boeingguy1 (Reply 8):
Those rickety old props were something to remember!

Yes, Dash-8's are the epitome of old fashioned air travel.  Yeah sure

-Rampart

STT757

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:06 am

Teterboro is not set up for commecial flights, it's corporate.

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 6):
but BOS-TTN? Don't really see that happening.

I do, especially since the Princeton area which is about 3-4 miles down the road from TTN is home to numerous large Pharmeceutical corporations such as Bristol Myers Squib. Merck has their own Hangars at TTN, Boston is another center for the Pharmaceutical Industry in the US.

Linking these two centers is going to generate traffic amongst the large corparate residences, also note Princeton University and the many research labrotories associated with the University are also in close proximity to TTN.

Within 3-4 miles of TTN are:
Institute for Advanced Study, Educational Testing Service (ETS), Opinion Research Corporation, AT&T's Engineering Research Center, David Sarnoff Research Center, FMC Corporation, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton Theological Seminary, Westminster Choir College,Dow Jones & Company, and the international headquarters of Squibb Pharmaceutical Corporation, Merril Lynch

[Edited 2006-08-16 19:13:12]
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

ophila

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:22 am

this move is nothing more than dl trying to force the hand of phl w/ their gate situation ( moving from e to a east) us airways blocked the move several times this year and the city wants dl to abide the shared gate theory...but ilg, acy build and now ttn and throw in abe..... there's more to this story!

nkops

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:22 am

Quoting Usairways85 (Reply 7):
The thing is chances are you will ultimately have to connect to get to your main destination. Where as at PHL you probably would not have to.

I think you pretty much have to connect out of PHL also... don't they just do CVG,ATL, and SLC out of PHL??

Is OH just looking for places to put CRJ's and aren't they getting rid of 24 RJ's soon??
Turn left heading 080 contact departure

deltairlines

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:08 am

Quoting Nkops (Reply 15):

I think you pretty much have to connect out of PHL also... don't they just do CVG,ATL, and SLC out of PHL??

PHL has service to ATL, CVG, SLC and JFK (Dashs or ERJs or Beechs or whatever the plane du jour out of JFK is...can't keep track of all this stuff it changes so much!). DL did used to fly BOS-PHL, with Business Express Saab 340s for years before AA bought them out; when that happened, it became a FRJ-328 route, which started at around 6x daily, and then dwindled down to nothing.

usairways85

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting Nkops (Reply 15):

What i meant is if someone opts to take DL from TTN and they want to fly to DFW, LAS, LAX, or MCO they will have to first fly to ATL and then get another flt to their final destination. In PHL if they wanted to go to those same destinations, all of them have more than 1 airline flying nonstop thus eliminating the need to connect.

BigOrange

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:00 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 13):
Within 3-4 miles of TTN are:
Institute for Advanced Study, Educational Testing Service (ETS), Opinion Research Corporation, AT&T's Engineering Research Center, David Sarnoff Research Center, FMC Corporation, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton Theological Seminary, Westminster Choir College,Dow Jones & Company, and the international headquarters of Squibb Pharmaceutical Corporation, Merril Lynch

Some of these are more than 3-4 miles from TTN.

Sarnoff, FMC, RWJ, Dow Jones, BMS (Squibb) and Merrill are all in Plainsboro, where I am right now, which is at least 15 miles away

vega

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:58 am

Quoting Ophila (Reply 14):
this move is nothing more than dl trying to force the hand of phl w/ their gate situation ( moving from e to a east) us airways blocked the move several times this year and the city wants dl to abide the shared gate theory...but ilg, acy build and now ttn and throw in abe..... there's more to this story!

That's an interesting observation. I know DL was all set to move to A-East when the airport squashed the move with the excuse that "new" international air traffic was expected by year (2006) end and would require the A-E wide body gates. What did happen so far is that US moved into those gates with their 757 European services. With the upcoming complete $200M+ expansion/refurbishment of Terminals D and E, I can't really understand why DL would still be so insistent on moving to A-East. They really have a relatively small operation at PHL with something like 20 flights/day - 10 to ATL and the others to CVG, SLC, etc.. It's always been interesting to me as to why they wanted to move to the International area so badly. Originally I thought it was for support of AF, but I understand that AF in PHL has contracted their services to an independent. If it was primarily for cosmetic reasons, I'd think with the D&E upgrades starting, they'd have 2nd thoughts - unless of course they have visions of (international) expansion out of PHL, which I seriously doubt.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

ophila

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:23 am

dl was approached pre 2001 by phl to offer intl serv...they used to have a direct 763 to ams then it switched to man...these are two good markets for us....dl ignored the city w/ regards to intl servc...the city also inquired about dl oh flts operating point to point out of term f but again was ignored...so there's a real struggle here...the city wanted any airline to expand here when us was on the ropes & no one answered especially dl...now wn is here and & af is gone to awest...no more hourly atl servc & bos flts cvg is a barbie jet city & slc is slc.....

RobertS975

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:34 am

Quoting N702ML (Reply 11):
The Eastwind schedules I have show:

June 6, 1996:
TTN-BOS (2 daily)
TTN-GSO (2 daily)
TTN-PVD (1 daily)
TTN-RIC (2 daily)

Off topic, but IIRC, an Eastwind 737 TTN to BOS was the closest aircraft to TW 800 on that fateful night 10 summers ago.

TumbledGyro

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:32 am

I think DL has a fighting chance operating out of TTN, as long as they market themselves properly to the locals. Ground access to the airport is excellent. TTN is also situated in a niche between PHL and the NY big three. Given that, and TTN's relatively small size gives DL a chance to offer potential customers another airport option in the NY, NJ, & PA area - one with less ground/air traffic, amongst other things. As to the folks questioning TEB's possible use as a commercial gateway, I beleive that TEB will never be used for scheduled commercial flights. TEB is very congested with corporate and GA aircraft, limited land to build upon (no current terminal), and some very angry neighbors (including at least one local government official) who want to see that airport gone for good. That, plus the sheer volume of traffic that flows through TEB can cause departure delays that give the largest of airports a run for their money.

positiverate

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:51 am

by movements maybe, but teterboro is a GA airport north of EWR, so not sure what you were trying to get across...

727LOVER

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:04 pm

Hi,

Do you guys think that if TTN and ILG had adequate facilities/runways, that WN would have skipped PHL and just bracketed Philadelphia?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

CO738

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:08 pm

A little insight into TTN: closest Highways, 95,295,195,31,1,33,130 and about 200 major companies with in just a 15 minute drive or a hop skip and a jump to Six Flags Great Adventure. Just as long as you don't try to get onto Route 1 from 295 between 8-9am The only major traffic that i have seen fly in and out is private jets and props and the occasional commercial flight that i think originates from the Boston area but don't quote me on that one. It lies in between Teterboro which is a disaster laying so close to EWR and besides a/c have a habit of running red lights and going across Route 46 , and PHL which if you try taking 95 from Allegheny to Gerard is not a fun trip either, more like watching the opening scene from Office Space. There will be no way that it will turn into a large facility but it does have potential especially with all the Pharmaceutical and Financial companies in the area. Hey you guys forgot about Pfizer out on what is it 206 i think it is just north of Bedminster, Johnson and Johnson on Rte 601 in Skillman, Princeton University. Ever try goin to Dow Jones? Its like trying to enter NWS Earl in Colts Neck or Middletown geez, nothing there but paper pushers over DJ lol. FYI Robertwood Johnsons is more than 3-4 miles away more like its off Rte 18 in North Brunswick next to Rutgers. nothing like talkin bout NJ  Smile
If only you could install an air horn on a plane...

letsgetwet

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:17 pm

Quoting CO738 (Reply 25):
FYI Robertwood Johnsons is more than 3-4 miles away more like its off Rte 18 in North Brunswick next to Rutgers. nothing like talkin bout NJ

There is also a Robert Wood Johnson facility in Hamilton.

USAFHummer

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:37 pm

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 24):

Do you guys think that if TTN and ILG had adequate facilities/runways, that WN would have skipped PHL and just bracketed Philadelphia?

Personally I think WN would've gone for ABE if they hadn't enteredPHL...ABE is ideally positioned to steal traffic from both PHL (northern suburbs) and EWR and already has decent facilities...

Greg

[Edited 2006-08-17 05:38:28]
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

EXAAUADL

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:04 pm

BOS-TTN should do well

STT757

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:10 pm

Quoting CO738 (Reply 25):
Ever try goin to Dow Jones? Its like trying to enter NWS Earl in Colts Neck or Middletown geez

I've been inside both the Dow Jones headquarters and the Colts Neck part of Earle NWS, the people I was working with at Dow Jones were actually Wall Street Journal Staff who moved to Dow Jones in South Brunswick right after 9-11. The folks there told me that prior to 9-11 the Wall Street Journal had something like 6-7 floors of offices in Lower Manhattan, after 9-11 the only folks remaining in Lower Manhattan are the top executives and that they only have two floors of offices in Manhattan. The majority of the Wall Street Journal staff now work out of the Dow Jones headquarters in South Brunswick, for atleast a year or two (when I was there) after 9-11 there were folks who were commuting all the way from Long Island and Connecticut to South Brunswick NJ.

As for NWS Earle I was just there about 2-3 weeks ago, I can't say why I was there or who I was meeting but after I finished my work I got a tour of what they call the land side part of Earle which is in Colts Neck, Middletown (Leonardo) is pier side.

Security at Dow Jones and Earle NWS is really tight.

I've been in Johnson and Johnson's Headquarters in New Brunswick, Phizer in Bernardsville, Lucent in Murray Hill, Merrill Lynch in Pennington and Bristol Myers Squib in Plainsboro and West Windsor (next to Wegmans).

The absolute nicest place I've ever been to is the Johnson and Johnson Headquarters in New Brunswick, they had art work and live musicians in the cafeteria which were amazing. I also was in the executive offices and got to ride the private elevator to the executive garage which believe it or not is something like 5-6 stories up in the middle of the office building. They had all these kids detailing their cars while they were working, lots of Porsches, Mercedes, Jags etc.

They also had a fleet of about 10 Cadillac Deville's that drove around the top executives.

vega

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:04 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 27):
Personally I think WN would've gone for ABE if they hadn't enteredPHL...ABE is ideally positioned to steal traffic from both PHL (northern suburbs) and EWR and already has decent facilities...

I thought WN initially looked at ABE and discounted it on the grounds that it could never generate the required O&D to support thier intended future growth in the Philadelphia region - now expected to be up to 150 flights/day. I mean, could ABE handle 150 daily WN flights? True, if you discount the O&D shortfall, ABE is surely more inline with and a better airport for WNs original charter than PHL. I just think WN is evolving into a much more pseudo legacy type LCC carrier and throwing aside the earlier requirement of only using uncongested airports. They seem to have grown confident they can compete on equal ground with anyone, solely based on their unique operating procedures and personnel. PHL is finally doing something for WN, that other airports. like BWI have done a lot sooner. They are just starting a major re-build and refurbishment of the terminal used by WN (and the adjacent one - D&E). Southwest told the airport that they want as many additional gates as they can get. Actually they are like a giant sponge - give them more room and they fill it up and ask for more and pretty soon you have to rename your airport "WNPort" - just like BWI.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

InTheSky74

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:57 pm

Where is JetBlue? They were looking at TTN. They would have done well in TTN since they can't go into PHL (too many delays and not enough gates). I wish that JetBlue had the insight and gone into ILG and TTN like DL.

I hear that ILG is doing well for DL.

Rob

BigOrange

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:23 pm

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 26):
There is also a Robert Wood Johnson facility in Hamilton.

The actual headquarters of RWJ is in Plainsboro. The Hamilton and N Brunswick facilities are the hospitals IIRC.

usairways85

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:26 pm

Quoting InTheSky74 (Reply 31):
Where is JetBlue? They were looking at TTN. They would have done well in TTN since they can't go into PHL (too many delays and not enough gates). I wish that JetBlue had the insight and gone into ILG and TTN like DL.

Mind you DL is going in with 50 seat RJ's. At the minimum B6 would have to use 100 seat 190's.

DAL767400ER

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:37 pm

Quoting Usairways85 (Reply 33):
Mind you DL is going in with 50 seat RJ's. At the minimum B6 would have to use 100 seat 190's.

40-seat CRJs actually. So for comparison, one B6 190 add up to 2.5 DL CRJs. And given that you don't start a new domestic market with just one frequency, that is enough to explain why B6 is staying out of both markets.

worldtraveler

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:56 pm

Don’t you just hate it when the network carriers have an advantage because of the huge variety of aircraft in their fleet?

UALPHLCS

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:17 pm

Teterboro is also nowhere near Trenton and there fore useless, for what DL is apparently trying to do.

If your trying to draw from the NY and PHL market TNN is in a great place. I was surprised WN went into PHL instead of TNN or ABE based on thier past MO.

Teterboro on the other had is north of EWR and therefore only convient to the NYC metro area.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

Junction

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:07 am

Quoting CALMSP (Reply 1):
woo customers or woo TSA personnel to the little airport???!!!

I hope Trenton has better luck with the TSA then Marathon, FL did. Both CO and AA will be pulling announced schedules for MTH due to TSA refusal to employ screeners. I noticed DL is looking at several airports to expand that currently have no scheduled service, such as Salem, OR and Santa Fe, NM. It will interesting to see how other cities work things out with the TSA in that regard.

STT757

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:09 am

Quoting Junction (Reply 37):
It will interesting to see how other cities work things out with the TSA in that regard.

TTN is an existing station for the TSA, so staffing should not be a problem.

DAL767400ER

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:20 am

Quoting Junction (Reply 37):
I hope Trenton has better luck with the TSA then Marathon, FL did. Both CO and AA will be pulling announced schedules for MTH due to TSA refusal to employ screeners. I noticed DL is looking at several airports to expand that currently have no scheduled service

MTH being one of them  Wink .

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:05 am

YEAAAAAAAAA  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

I really hope this happens. Anyone have an idea on time????

Parking at Trenton is so easy its like a supermarket parking lot walk out and go. The security is the best take a micro second.

Please delta start flying out ASAP I will use this service and buy many tickets if it happens. I and some of my friends are looking for alternatives to the New York Airports and this would be GREAT so much easier

Quoting Ophila (Reply 20):
now wn is here and & af is gone to awest...no more hourly atl servc & bos flts cvg is a barbie jet city & slc is slc.....

What does this mean??????????? You better not be mad mouthing Salt Lake City Big grin

ophila

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 am

Quoting SlcDeltaRUmd11 (Reply 40):
What does this mean??????????? You better not be mad mouthing Salt Lake City

phl slc is a little better than seasonal service at best..the flights have been heavier but alot of that is due cvg status now..... nothing wrong with slc some real nice approaches and great runs from their too.... if this ttn thing catches on you may see ttn-slc w/ a 170

STT757

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:29 am

From the local papers:

Quote:
Comair, a subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, awaits clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration and the Mercer County Board of Freeholders, county spokesman Pete Daly said.

If approvals are given, Comair plans three daily round-trip flights to Logan International Airport in Boston and three daily round-trip flights to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Daly said.

http://www.courierpostonline.com

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:59 am

Quoting Ophila (Reply 41):
phl slc is a little better than seasonal service at best..the flights have been heavier but alot of that is due cvg status now..... nothing wrong with slc some real nice approaches and great runs from their too.... if this ttn thing catches on you may see ttn-slc w/ a 170

If I had to guess i think that the fligths were doing great to SLC. One of the two flights was upgraded to a 757. I was on the 757 flight last week and it was 100% full. Unscientific  Smile I typed in some dates and the plane looked full to me in my search. Just a quick look of dates in the near future. There is probably a better way to look it up i just dont know how to  Sad

Back on subject.............This is great for TTN its a great little airport.

Deltas trend seems to be focus on SLC, ATL, JFK and NOT CVG. I wonder if they will add a TTN-CVG though for some midwest connection options?

deltairlines

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting SlcDeltaRUmd11 (Reply 43):
I wonder if they will add a TTN-CVG though for some midwest connection options?

I'd expect additional ATL frequencies before CVG. The only new market from CVG that I can think of off the top of my head is YOW (which has been ATL only since its start). Basically every other new city has been ATL/SLC/JFK.

STT757

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:27 am

I would love to see TTN get regional subsidiary flights to DTW (NWA), PIT (US), IAD (UAL), CVG (DL), CLE (CO), DCA (US), Charlotte (US), ORD (UAL) and some kind of nonstop service to Orlando and Ft.Lauderdale (FL, USA 3000, Comair).

Here's some photos of TTN a couple years back when US Air flew DC-9s and 737-200s between TTN and PIT.

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Uwe Lindenberg
MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Uwe Lindenberg

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Uwe Lindenberg

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Uwe Lindenberg

Here's an airport overview:

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Yasir Raja

Note in the overview Interstate I-95 at the bottom of the airport, I-95 provides real easy access to Philadelphia and points South as well as NYC and points North. Also take note the rail line running across the top of the airport property, that's CSX's West Trenton Rail line. It's a very active rail line between Pennsylvania and Port Newark NJ, the Philadelphia regional rail system SEPTA has a station on this line less than a mile from the airport. They can easily extend the passenger service one mile to TTN to provide direct service to Center City Philadelphia.

Also note that NJ Transit has it in their Capital plan to restore passenger rail service on the West Trenton line, meaning TTN with a modest investment could have commuter rail service right from the Airport to Center City Philadelphia via SEPTA and Newark/Hoboken/NY Penn via NJ Transit.

Here's SEPTA's rail network, note the SEPTA West Trenton Station is less than one mile from TTN. The tracks go through the airport, all SEPTA has to do is build a station at TTN and extend the over head catenary wires to support their electric trains.

http://www.septa.org/slices/systemmap.jpg

NJ Transit West Trenton Line:

http://www.njtransit.com/images/an_cp_proposed_west_trenton_map.jpg

DAL767400ER

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:05 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 42):

Nice to read some confirmation. At least DL would make good use of the facility and TTN's single jetway, with 6 daily flights.

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 44):
The only new market from CVG that I can think of off the top of my head is YOW (which has been ATL only since its start).

Add in summer-seasonal ANC service, as well as the return of a few Southeastern markets in MGM, PNS, and two others that currently escape me.

Quoting STT757 (Reply 45):
Note in the overview Interstate I-95 at the bottom of the airport, I-95 provides real easy access to Philadelphia and points South as well as NYC and points North.

As long as this stretch of interstate remains I-95  Wink .

CentPIT

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:59 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 45):
Here's some photos of TTN a couple years back when US Air flew DC-9s and 737-200s between TTN and PIT

The good old days!
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

Jerseyguy

Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:42 am

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 46):
As long as this stretch of interstate remains I-95

Yes, to get to NYC area via 95 from TTN. You must take 95N which then turns into 295S, exit at 195 (following the signs for 195E to 95N). Then exit onto the turnpike north which only has a one sign that says 95N to NY use exit 6 and is thereafter referred to as the NJ Turnpike. And if you miss the sign you'll end up traveling 30 miles out of your way and end up in Belmar on the Jersey Shore. I worked at a place which was close to the end of 195 and got MANY people asking for directions to I-95 N. So its not as easy as it looks.

[Edited 2006-08-25 01:43:57]

worldtraveler

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

any idea on how TTN fares during NE ground stops and ground delay programs?