Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

prebennorholm
Topic Author

Well Done, CPH

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:43 am

Came back home to CPH tonight and struggled through the rain with all my baggage to my car which was parked at the most remote and cheapest car park section on uppermost deck out in open air.

Arriving to the car park one of the very first cars I saw was a brand new luxury car which had its left side front door window covered with tape and plastic which was rattling a little in the wind. I thought, oh my god, if somebody has smashed the window also on my car - or even something worse, what a hell it would mean.

Then I noticed that there was a paper sheet in a clear plastic cover under the windscreen wiper. I read it:

Dear parking customer. We have noticed that you forgot to close your car window when you parked your car. Since rain is expected within the next few days, then we have covered your open window with plastic. Kind regards, Copenhagen Airport Parking Service.

I must say, this service was way beyond my expectations.
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

Robbie86

RE: Well Done, CPH

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:47 am

Quoting Prebennorholm (Thread starter):
I must say, this service was way beyond my expectations

Indeed, much better then my experience with the service at CPH.

Outlier

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:10 am

That's really nice.

Back in the Old Days they could have actually rolled up the window!
So primative.

prebennorholm
Topic Author

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:11 am

Quoting Robbie86 (Reply 1):
Indeed, much better then my experience with the service at CPH.

Yeah, right. Especially considering that a resent poll has rated CPH as the second worst airport in Europe only next to BRU which is owned and run by the same Australian airport service company. And the CEO of CPH, Mr. Niels Boserup, during the last few months has been the most hated person in the country, and was last month called on the carpet in front of the minister of communication for much needed service improvements.

Maybe they have got the message and is making a turn around.

prebennorholm
Topic Author

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting Outlier (Reply 2):
Back in the Old Days they could have actually rolled up the window!

On my old '98 VW Golf they can actually do that today. Maybe they did???

(PS: It reminds me, must go and by a new car tomorrow).

Outlier

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 4):
On my old '98 VW Golf they can actually do that today.

(PS: It reminds me, must go and by a new car tomorrow).

Good god man, get yourself into the 21st century!!!

Knightsofmalta

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:23 pm

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 3):
Yeah, right. Especially considering that a resent poll has rated CPH as the second worst airport in Europe only next to BRU which is owned and run by the same Australian airport service company.

I thought a recent poll showed that BRU was among the top airports in Europe.

MRURUN

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:54 pm

I love BRU, can't imagine it as being the worst. In comparison to LHR or CDG or CIA or SXF or DUB or MAN

Clogman

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:14 am

Now that is also what I would like to call very good service.

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 3):
Yeah, right. Especially considering that a resent poll has rated CPH as the second worst airport in Europe only next to BRU which is owned and run by the same Australian airport service company.

I'm a little curious about this. I have seen 2 places this year where CPH has been awarded the best airport in Europe. So I am quite surprised that they have been rated to be one of the worst in Europe.
And I wonder why its so low in the poll. I have never had any problem here.

prebennorholm
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:41 am

Quoting Clogman (Reply 8):
I'm a little curious about this. I have seen 2 places this year where CPH has been awarded the best airport in Europe.

As a Danish newspaper reader you cannot have bypassed the day by day deterioration since the privatisation of CPH. Especially not this spring and summer with large users such as Sterling and Airtours planning to evacuate CPH and use Sturup (Malmoe in Sweden) instead.

And the threatenings by your own minister of communication.

Just yesterday Sterling complained to the minister again about their treatment at CPH.

One and a half month ago police was called to calm down thousands of pax in the security queue at terminal 2. Pax who had arrived two hours early and now saw their plane leave without them. And looking forward to hell for days to ever see their checked baggage again.

At that time of the year of course many of them with children having their summer holidays spoiled.

It's not just security, which has been a mess all year. The first spring day when temperature reached 25 degrees C (76 degrees F) the baggage belt motors overheated and broke down. Hundreds of planes got delayed for hours and thousands of bags were missing at destinations.

A colleague of mine recently picked up his wife at CPH. They waited three hours for her bag. They never heard a reason for that.

After this long range of serious events at CPH during the last few months I am pretty sure that the minister will scrutinize every CPH performance figure until a stable and reasonably level has been reached.

But after all it's all the fault of the minister. He was the one who privatised CPH. It's impossible to privatise an airport like CPH. Privatisation only works when there is competition. CPH will always be a monopole since there is no room or need for multiple airports like at much larger cities like London, Paris, NYC etc.

The privatisation of CPH is a catastrophe which is a complete parallel to the privatisation of for instance British Rail about a decade ago.

sas767

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:17 pm

Preben - are you sure your real name is not Frank Aaen?  Silly Kidding...

In my opinion you have posted several wrong facts above - don't believe anything the press writes and please check your facts before posting them - thank you!

cornish

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Well I'm a regualr traveller across most major airports in Europe, and having travelled through CPH for the first time in a while this year, it reinforced my view that it really is the best airport in Europe - one only AMS, BRU and MUC can get close to.

If some of you really think CPH is that bad, you should try flying out of UK airports, FRA, CDG, etc etc.....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

DYflyer

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:59 am

CPH is a very good airport. It's just that this summer they have had a lot of problems with delays at security and baggage-problems. The same has been a problem at other airports to (including OSL). Calling CPH the second worst airport in Europe is not justified (maybe with regards to delays this summer?). The problem with the management at the airport is that they don't seem to acknowledge the problems, and have been very quite during this period.
Life is like a book. If you don't travel, you only read one page.

Fly2CHC

Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:12 pm

The most significant attraction to me about CPH is that they have announced a cancellation of all departure taxes from 2007. At a time where every related third party are trying to jump on the bandwagon and extort additional overcharges from passengers, this is very impressive.

I really hope people bear this in mind when chosing their Scandanavian gateway - the travelling public need to vote with their feet!

Clogman

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:54 pm

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 9):
As a Danish newspaper reader you cannot have bypassed the day by day deterioration since the privatisation of CPH. Especially not this spring and summer with large users such as Sterling and Airtours planning to evacuate CPH and use Sturup (Malmoe in Sweden) instead.

Yeah I have read that. But to be honest I havent felt any difference after they got taken over by the Aussies.
But its true that they have had some problems. But I'll bet those problems could have accured as well if they werent owned by the aussies.

MMEPHX

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:17 pm

CPH second worst in Europe?? I have just returned from a European trip and flew in and out of CPH. Very impressed; good selection of shops, restaurants, clean, light and despite been busy had a quiet feel about it. No problems with baggage or security, unlike AMS where we endured a 1.5 Hr wait for bags after flying on from CPH. I'd certainly give CPH high marks (city as well as the airport!).

Clogman

Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:20 pm

Hey there Preben,

Looks like someome is reading A.net as well or are you working at Standby.dk? Big grin

http://www.standby.dk/4435.0.html?&t...i1[showUid]=20380&cHash=5d014db9ec

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos